Author Topic: New Wallet & how to import balance  (Read 4196 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

No, you can always access your funds. If you have not imported from 0.9 to 2 yet follow the simple migration procedure posted here.

Welcome back

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile

I've been away for a while now
 I missed a lot of updates. Is it possible that funds can become worthless or hard to obtain because of all of these updates?

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Thanks for your help too testz.

I'm sure I must have done something wrong, but I thank my lucky stars I kept my 0.9 migration files. Also, if you're on a Mac - use time machine!

Offline testz

The correct wallet was active xeroc. In fact, i have restored several of the prior backups and was switching between them.

In the end i reimported my keys from 0.9 and that worked. Scary as hell though because i dont know what i did wrong.

+5% @Valentine

Nice to hear that you solve the problem  :)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

The correct wallet was active xeroc. In fact, i have restored several of the prior backups and was switching between them.

In the end i reimported my keys from 0.9 and that worked. Scary as hell though because i dont know what i did wrong.

+5% @Valentine

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Once you have recovered your backup or created a new wallet with your brain key .. you may need to change your ACTIVE wallet to the imported/new one ..
Please check in the wallet management console, that the right wallet is active!

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
i will try that. Thanks testz.

Offline testz

Oh no, im getting really worried with this. Even the backup i did when i first migrated to 2.0 restores and shows the new account. Can i use the original brainkey to get back to my original account? I mean, i have multiple backups and the brainkey.

@bytemaster @zeroc - I have restored the backup but it shows my new account. I have my original brainkey, how can i use that?

Can you try restore backup at light wallet? Download lattes light wallet from https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-2/releases
@zeroc = @xeroc

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Oh no, im getting really worried with this. Even the backup i did when i first migrated to 2.0 restores and shows the new account. Can i use the original brainkey to get back to my original account? I mean, i have multiple backups and the brainkey.

@bytemaster @zeroc - I have restored the backup but it shows my new account. I have my original brainkey, how can i use that?
Wallet management console, new wallet, custom brainkey (advanced)

EVEN that takes me to the new account rather than the original. WTF!

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz

Wallet management console, new wallet, custom brainkey (advanced)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Offline testz

That has not worked testz. I have no idea whats going on.
I deleted the wallets, uninstalled the bitshares light client, downloaded a fresh copy, restored from my original backup and now only see the new account created, NOT my original account with my BTS.

Do you have another backup (.bin file)? Check backup file creation date. Is it possible that you overwrite your backup file somehow?

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
That has not worked testz. I have no idea whats going on.
I deleted the wallets, uninstalled the bitshares light client, downloaded a fresh copy, restored from my original backup and now only see the new account created, NOT my original account with my BTS.

Offline testz

I having a real issue with this. i created a new account and then wanted to go back and transfer the funds from my old account to my new account, but now i cant seem to bring upmy old account. I went to wallet management and imported an old backup file i created but when i go to the dashboard the account is only my new one!

Why is an old backup file thats restored not showing me my original account?!

If you have backups, try to delete wallet at wallet management console, close page, open it again, restore old backup, close page, open it again, you should see your old account.
As an additional option you can try to restore backup at another browser (Chrome, Firefox) or use light wallet, when you will have 2 wallets simultaneously.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

I having a real issue with this. i created a new account and then wanted to go back and transfer the funds from my old account to my new account, but now i cant seem to bring upmy old account. I went to wallet management and imported an old backup file i created but when i go to the dashboard the account is only my new one!

Why is an old backup file thats restored not showing me my original account?!

Offline testz

question :

Heres the problem. I suspect my account may have been compromised on this computer which had my backups and brain key dump onit. Out of caution, i have created a new wallet and am trying to import the balance to this new account and new wallet. How specifically do you go about importing the balance? When i click on look up balances its zero.

Thanks

Using lookup balances you can get only vesting balances.
I suggest you to create new account and transfer all funds to it. Better way it's to change accounts owner and active keys to new ones, it's possible but I never did it, maybe @xeroc can help you.

BTW Keys in the backups encrypted using password.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
question :

Heres the problem. I suspect my account may have been compromised on this computer which had my backups and brain key dump onit. Out of caution, i have created a new wallet and am trying to import the balance to this new account and new wallet. How specifically do you go about importing the balance? When i click on look up balances its zero.

Thanks