Author Topic: New Wallet & how to import balance  (Read 4194 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

I having a real issue with this. i created a new account and then wanted to go back and transfer the funds from my old account to my new account, but now i cant seem to bring upmy old account. I went to wallet management and imported an old backup file i created but when i go to the dashboard the account is only my new one!

Why is an old backup file thats restored not showing me my original account?!

Offline testz

question :

Heres the problem. I suspect my account may have been compromised on this computer which had my backups and brain key dump onit. Out of caution, i have created a new wallet and am trying to import the balance to this new account and new wallet. How specifically do you go about importing the balance? When i click on look up balances its zero.

Thanks

Using lookup balances you can get only vesting balances.
I suggest you to create new account and transfer all funds to it. Better way it's to change accounts owner and active keys to new ones, it's possible but I never did it, maybe @xeroc can help you.

BTW Keys in the backups encrypted using password.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
question :

Heres the problem. I suspect my account may have been compromised on this computer which had my backups and brain key dump onit. Out of caution, i have created a new wallet and am trying to import the balance to this new account and new wallet. How specifically do you go about importing the balance? When i click on look up balances its zero.

Thanks