Author Topic: [COMMITTEE INPUT REQ.] Fee Schedule for Shareholder Consultation  (Read 31076 times)

Offline onceuponatime

"If this proposal is accepted, it will revise the 3x transfer price vision for STEALTH transfers to a 7x factor to let the investor(s) reach their ROI at a faster rate."
https://github.com/BitShares-Committee/proposals/blob/master/160208_feeschedule.md

This is not a parameter that is adjustable by the committee. It is to be set by 3 of 5 signatures of the 5 accounts that have voting authority for the Management Account of the STEALTH asset. We may decide that some other multiple is best (ie. 5x, 6x, 10x etc.)

Although I do not like what the new fee schedule does to the STEALTH asset business model (it makes the use of the feature seem much more expensive as compared to a non-stealth transfer), I do think that the change is good for BitShares overall.  I therefore support it.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I think I should translate it Chinese.. or ask someone to do it.

//Update:
Due to the new year holidays, Chinese people would be busying visiting families and/or traveling these days (1-3 weeks). It's likely that most people will go to places where is no good Internet connection. And most people may have no much time to spend on BitShares. So I suggest that we postpone the deadline of decision making (read: voting) and give more time to Chinese community. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:29:57 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Dear Shareholders & Community,

As some of you already know, we (Committee Members) have started work on a new (USD-Denominated) fee schedule to incorporate some business concerns that have been brought to the current fee schedule in Bitshares.

As announced at the Hangout last week, we have started this thread as part of our best practices to get input from shareholders on this schedule so that we may ensure that we have taken all consideration of matters into account prior to putting forth a proposal.

To be absolutely clear: NO decision has been made!

We merely want to engage the community now for further discussion.

We encourage everyone to read the whole thing and only after that give constructive feedback.

Please Review the Following:

(1500+ lines of text/code)

Roadmap:
  • The fee schedule will be discussed for at least 7 14 days. During this period, we will incorporate and discuss shareholders input.
  • After those 7 days (unless decided otherwise, but not earlier) we will present the final fee schedule and run a vote on the blockchain.
  • This vote period for the blockchain proposal will run another 7 days allowing shareholders to adapt their votes if they see it necessary.
  • Following this the roadmap in the proposal will take effect.

Minimum review period to effect: 21 days 28 days.

If you know other shareholders who are not actively involved in the forum, please notify them of this feedback request regarding fees so that we can have as many shareholders bring their collective intelligence to this discussion.

On behalf of the Bitshares Committee, we thank you for your input, and look forward to a progressive and constructive consultation to help make Bitshares grow.

Edit note: 7 day period was extended to 14 in order to allow for the Asian community who are celebrating the Chinese New Year to participate.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:32:12 pm by BunkerChain Labs »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+