Author Topic: Couple GUI bug fixes  (Read 10971 times)

Offline Endless

• View Profile
  • BitShares: End
I have to agree, there does seem to be a lot of hand waving for this. Muse appears to be centralized for starters, when I thought the whole point was to be decentralized? I see a good idea for business and musicians but I can already see a lot of issues and holes in the business idea. This idea was started back in 2014 and what is there to show for all this time and resources spent?

Seems any of the other countless digital currency out there can already do everything that Muse is struggling to even start. My main concern is too little too late for muse. I only have a small investment in muse, but I can tell that some others here have a very large investment of either time, money or both. The small number of people that participate in this forum is a good indicator that muse and peertracks and everything else seem to be basically hobby projects. I am sure Cob and all the others are working hard, but the more I read here, the more I become concerned about the outcome of this investment.

I don't blame xeroc I simply think he was honest!

No money no progress as already mentioned 1000x in these threads!

It seems like cob is the only guy chasing this rabbit not understanding that it won't work.

As an investor I feel like we need more transparency and not those empty teasers!

I still don't like the fact that cob published some fake secret sauce crap last year and removed it some minutes afterwards just to make us believe they found the holy grail!

That's not professional and will hurt the project!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Actually, I thought this post was in the BTS sub forums :) Sorry for that.
Anyway, the content of my post holds true for MUSE as well as BTS and any other blockchain.

As for my involvement with MUSE: I do some little work here and there but am not related to PeerTracks at all.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
I don't blame xeroc I simply think he was honest!

No money no progress as already mentioned 1000x in these threads!

It seems like cob is the only guy chasing this rabbit not understanding that it won't work.

As an investor I feel like we need more transparency and not those empty teasers!

I still don't like the fact that cob published some fake secret sauce crap last year and removed it some minutes afterwards just to make us believe they found the holy grail!

That's not professional and will hurt the project!

TravelsAsia

Lol... Need more funds!

That's why I still think cob is on a well planned exit strategy! First he placed the seeds for the bad outlook and step by step you guys try to convince the investors that the outcome was inevitable.

More funds is an honest statement, because cob likes to tell us that the money is still there to run this "business"

You do realize that Xeroc is not part of their core team (unless something changed since Cob's last interview). :)  As a community, we asked a lot of questions and received some answers.  I'm disappointed in some things such as no published project plan or actual breakdown of expenses.  I'm not a big fan of secret sauce strategies, however, it's their right to proceed as they wish.

As I mentioned in my response to Cob's questions, it WAS enough to convince me they are still doing their best to move forward. Cob mentioned they are working on integrating the MUSE blockchain, until that's working, I would guess there's not a lot to talk about. 

My recommendation is to adjust your holdings based on your risk and your tolerance for how the project is run. I still believe in what they are doing, even if I strongly disagree on how they've communicated it to investors over the last year. My investors have made adjustments to their holdings recently based on what I mentioned above.

Good luck Peertracks!

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
Lol... Need more funds!

That's why I still think cob is on a well planned exit strategy! First he placed the seeds for the bad outlook and step by step you guys try to convince the investors that the outcome was inevitable.

More funds is an honest statement, because cob likes to tell us that the money is still there to run this "business"

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Indeed .. we need to work on our infrastructure the same way others do.

Plenty of ideas, too few developers and we can certainly need some moe funds

Offline Endless

• View Profile
So one server controls the Muse network? I thought everything was decentralized?
The network is decentralized .. the faucet however is not! The actual entry point coded into this particular hosted wallet is neither.
you can still host your own wallet/faucet if you want
That might be technically true but anyone downloading the client isn't going to know that if the client is set to only that server. Mine was not working either until someone rebooted the "api server".  In the event that this faucet server goes down, does someone here have a backup/mirror server running the same "api server" ?
Seems like what happened was an example of single point of failure if people are unable to trade?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Fixed - the API server was down for some reason.
So one server controls the Muse network? I thought everything was decentralized?
The network is decentralized .. the faucet however is not! The actual entry point coded into this particular hosted wallet is neither.
you can still host your own wallet/faucet if you want

Offline Endless

• View Profile

Offline bitacer

Offline valzav

• View Profile

Offline bitacer

So what do we do now  :(  How do I claim muses I have?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:49:54 pm by bitacer »

TravelsAsia

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:29:14 pm by TravelsAsia »

Offline bitacer

Does it mean there is only one node out there?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 11:21:50 am by bitacer »

Offline 029xue

• View Profile
May be this year ;)