Author Topic: BitShares needs separate specialized frontends  (Read 4870 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
normal  users   SIMPLE GUI  is the best choice
simple & guide at start

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
do the GUI  you can control the  entrance
the ad is a good choice

TravelsAsia

do it  +5% +5% +5%
How would pay for it to be done?

Product first, then money. Show what you sell.

That's fine for you, I like to get in on the ground floor. Whether it's Augur or Ethereum, very early investors that took the risk are extremely happy with the results. 

For future projects, I've learned to ask better questions such as:

- Will there be full transparency on how funds will be spent? if not, what will you release?
- If there's a premine, I'd request funds being released based on some type of success criteria in a smart contract?
- How often can we expect to receive updates on the project? Will you commit to 2 mumbles a month?

Many lessons learned from Peertracks, Play, Augur, Gamebet.  Speaking of Gamebet,  +5% +5% +5% +5% on the transparency.

I'm satisfied by xeroc, svk, and abit's works, and want to see Blocktrade's performance.

All 3 are rock solid!

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
do it  +5% +5% +5%

That's fine for you, I like to get in on the ground floor. Whether it's Augur or Ethereum, very early investors that took the risk are extremely happy with the results. 

- Will there be full transparency on how funds will be spent? if not, what will you release?
- If there's a premine, I'd request funds being released based on some type of success criteria in a smart contract?
- How often can we expect to receive updates on the project? Will you commit to 2 mumbles a month?

Many lessons learned from Peertracks, Play, Augur, Gamebet.  Speaking of Gamebet,  +5% +5% +5% +5% on the transparency.

+5%
Transparency and communication, that's what investors want.
I want to ask all workers to provide regular updates (or at least you can show your work records like github commits) to the community, who gives you the payment.
In terms of this, I'm satisfied by xeroc, svk, and abit's works, and want to see Blocktrade's performance.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

TravelsAsia

do it  +5% +5% +5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline yvv

• View Profile

TravelsAsia

+5% But I guess it's for third party businesses to create those specialized front end to appeal to those target markets.

I've expanded the BTS use-cases since but I came to the same conclusion early last year.

5 New Websites for 5 separate BitShares businesses

Trying to understand & sell BitShares all as one is hard... but within BitShares we have many businesses that are easy to pitch & easy to grasp on their own.
We could create websites and brand 5 different businesses that we view separately but are still managed by BitShares

BDEX                               BitAsset Exchange
BlockchainUSD             BitUSD and other BitCurrency specific simple wallets
TheNewSwissBank      Private BitAsset Bank (Buy assets at mark-up no use of exchange)
SovereignVault            Unseizable BitGold & BitCommodity Vault (BitGold and silver sold & bought + gateway)
E.T.SendHome            Global BitCurrency Remittance

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,13325.msg174295.html#msg174295

A guy in Argentina has heard about dollar stable assets & could be interested in BitUSD. Do you want to send him to the decentralized exchange? Will he go with us or NuBits?

Your dad keeps gold in a vault he's heard about blockchain gold. Where do you want to send him? The decentralized exchange? Will he go with us or BitGold.com?

A businessman has heard about currency stable accounts that are better than having a Swiss Bank account. Do you want to send him to the exchange? Will he go with us or a competitor that has branded themselves similar to a bank?

A taxi driver wants to send money home to his family. Do you want to send him to the exchange?
Will he go with us or a simple branded site set up specifically for remittance.

That was the idea behind it, that we actually make it simpler that way.

There's nothing new under the sun :)
Yes, if third party does it, it's the best. If not, we have to have it done by ourselves It think.

I'm in contact with JS developer about the specialized PM market frontend.

I have a few BTC burning a hole in my pocket to invest in another user-friendly PM project like Augur.

Offline fuzzy

+5% But I guess it's for third party businesses to create those specialized front end to appeal to those target markets.

I've expanded the BTS use-cases since but I came to the same conclusion early last year.

5 New Websites for 5 separate BitShares businesses

Trying to understand & sell BitShares all as one is hard... but within BitShares we have many businesses that are easy to pitch & easy to grasp on their own.
We could create websites and brand 5 different businesses that we view separately but are still managed by BitShares

BDEX                               BitAsset Exchange
BlockchainUSD             BitUSD and other BitCurrency specific simple wallets
TheNewSwissBank      Private BitAsset Bank (Buy assets at mark-up no use of exchange)
SovereignVault            Unseizable BitGold & BitCommodity Vault (BitGold and silver sold & bought + gateway)
E.T.SendHome            Global BitCurrency Remittance

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,13325.msg174295.html#msg174295

A guy in Argentina has heard about dollar stable assets & could be interested in BitUSD. Do you want to send him to the decentralized exchange? Will he go with us or NuBits?

Your dad keeps gold in a vault he's heard about blockchain gold. Where do you want to send him? The decentralized exchange? Will he go with us or BitGold.com?

A businessman has heard about currency stable accounts that are better than having a Swiss Bank account. Do you want to send him to the exchange? Will he go with us or a competitor that has branded themselves similar to a bank?

A taxi driver wants to send money home to his family. Do you want to send him to the exchange?
Will he go with us or a simple branded site set up specifically for remittance.

That was the idea behind it, that we actually make it simpler that way.

Yes, if third party does it, it's the best. If not, we have to have it done by ourselves It think.

please keep me updated on this. i will be abke to send it to jim willie at some point and show it off. maybe he will have some connections who would like the opportunity to be a part of it. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Pheonike

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Go ahead and make specialized frontends. See if they will be used more often than openledger.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
While this would be ideal, it's up to 3rd parties to do this. Unless we have someone who is interested in for example, exploring Prediction Markets, we won't see a specialized interface for PMs only.

But imagine having those on OpenLedger, it would be awesome because it would clearly show the amount of products BitShares has to offer. When I say OpenLedger I say any other business like Bitsaphire, Metaexchange, etc, it's a very good approach to create a solid brand.

OpenLedger Prediction Markets
OpenLedger Remmitance
OpenLedger Messenger, etc

However for a business to do this, it has to be a gradual and slow process, otherwise resources will be wasted and there won't be focus. It needs to be one thing at the time unless of course someone has all the money needed to do all of this. But it would be nice to stablish a brand and show the variety of products BitShares has to offer! That's why I like the idea, it would be like going into a store!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

Good  +5%
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

+5% PM market frontend would be excellent.

Also needing to short and sell is too much hassle/complicated for most so hopefully a PM frontend could be made simpler to use as well.
If you want to take the island burn the boats