Author Topic: Monero  (Read 38476 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Here folks we are experiencing one of cryptos greatest wonders,  the Ander pump...

Legend has it that whenever this scholar promoted an early crypto currency, a curse was put on it that retarded all market cap growth. In most cases, the cursed currency became a mere shell of itself, never surpassing its pre pump high...

Historians are still debating the death of what some call the anti predictor. But it's commonly accepted that he was run over by a bus of a developer of a coin he pumped that inherently failed.  Though his passing was sad, crypto innovation began to bloom once the fear of the death pump was gone.

BEHOLD!!  LIL_JAY890 THE CRYPTO PROPHET!!

hahahaha  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Here folks we are experiencing one of cryptos greatest wonders,  the Ander pump...

Legend has it that whenever this scholar promoted an early crypto currency, a curse was put on it that retarded all market cap growth. In most cases, the cursed currency became a mere shell of itself, never surpassing its pre pump high...

Historians are still debating the death of what some call the anti predictor. But it's commonly accepted that he was run over by a bus of a developer of a coin he pumped that inherently failed.  Though his passing was sad, crypto innovation began to bloom once the fear of the death pump was gone.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 05:05:13 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

With STEALTH coming out next Thursday, why wouldn't you think that BitShares will now become the #1 privacy coin?

Monero's privacy features are vastly superior to bitshares.

(Bitshares is amazing at some other things of course, that Monero doesnt do.  Monero is purely a currency coin).

When you start reading this thread by an old time member I'm not so sure: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319681.0

Go do research.
(Also, that TPTB_need_war guy has very different views on some things, like he doesnt even believe satoshi solved the byzantine generals problem)

I've done plenty of research over the years, perhaps I missed something.  Can you show some links or git hub code on the progress?

I do not believe any of these recent pumps have to do with any coins capabilities, more so just speculation and marketing wins.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Wow Monero passed Factom and NXT.

I hope it doesn't pass Bitshares...because Bitshares rallies hard as well and stays ahead of the rise. :)
But if Bitshares doesnt rise I think Monero will pass it this week.

We're getting STEALTH and something wallet related on the 18th if I'm not mistaken so it might rise
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Wow Monero passed Factom and NXT.

I hope it doesn't pass Bitshares...because Bitshares rallies hard as well and stays ahead of the rise. :)
But if Bitshares doesnt rise I think Monero will pass it this week.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Funny but I dont think I mad at all to do with this, other than buying some XMR.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I disagree, I think monero is the ideal crypto CURRENCY.  It should replace BTC.

BTS, ETH, etc are awesome crypto projects and platforms and will do great.  They arent really currencies, so they are not in competition.

You nailed it here...completely agree! Monero is the idea cryptocurrency, the perfect version of digital cash.

chryspano

There's no thing as "steathly enough", or half anonymity,  it either is, or isn't, there is no half term. From the moment you a "little not stealthy", you're just "not stealthy"

That's why I conflicted with STEALTH at first, I don't want something that protects me a little, either it does or doesn't.

But I guess some coins can provide you anonymity and other can provide privacy so, we don't necessarily need both even though it would be preferable.

I don't know how exactly stealth work, but if it can take a goverment a few weeks in order to "break"  a stealth account then this is "stealthy enought" for me, this means that 99,99% of the population is safe because of the time needed to "break" every account. But as I said, I have no clue how it works /what I'm talking here, it's all guesses. In other words, a buletproof vest and a helmet might not make us invulnerable  but it's better than nothing and we can always wear our "invulnerability suit" in the future when it's available.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I could not and will not buy a crypto with a random name which happened to be the name of the character in the TV show "Grimm" that I've been watching .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
In Monero, there is none of the bullshit like where some BTS community member sends 5M BTS to poloniex, and everyone posts about it here, and dumps.  Nope, because you cannot know.

I really, really, really do hate that about BTS in its current state...
Not that I am big fan of public restrooms with bay windows, but we will see how much difference being stealthy makes in 5 days or so.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
In Monero, there is none of the bullshit like where some BTS community member sends 5M BTS to poloniex, and everyone posts about it here, and dumps.  Nope, because you cannot know.

I really, really, really do hate that about BTS in its current state...

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
So obvious that ander went all in on this one
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
What resources/effort  do you need in order to "break" monero's stealth and what resources do you need for BTS stealth?

Once Monero implements Ring Confidential Transactions (in progress), and now that they added a minimum mixin level of 2 (minimum ring size, this update will occur once the hard fork goes live at some block #), its incredibly hard to break Monero's privacy, if its possible at all. 

Not sure about Bitshares.

Monero passed Emercoin.  Hitting new all time high market cap levels with each rise.

My guess is that BTS stealth will be more than enought for the 99,99% of the population, monero on the other hand might be more suitable for more "shady" transactions(If they really have a beter stealh feature) but they will atract the attention of three letter agencies at some point, they need to be "100% invinsible", we just need to be "stealthy enought". 

I would say that monero is crypto 1.1  <<<===soonish dead version

There's no thing as "steathly enough", or half anonymity,  it either is, or isn't, there is no half term. From the moment you a "little not stealthy", you're just "not stealthy"

That's why I conflicted with STEALTH at first, I don't want something that protects me a little, either it does or doesn't.

But I guess some coins can provide you anonymity and other can provide privacy so, we don't necessarily need both even though it would be preferable.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

haha.. that gave me my morning laugh.. thanks :)  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile