Author Topic: Monero  (Read 38491 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I think Monero makes up for my whole BTS loss at this point, amazing.

How did you lose money on BTS?
 ;)

He was Polo margin trading back in 2015 and wiped himself out remember?

No.  My net result from trading BTS on polo was to make several hundred thousand BTS.

I've lost money on BTS by buying lots of it at 2 cents in 2014 and now its way less.

Umm.. no.. I can remember the very time you said 'i'm out' after several lamenting posts along with others who had done the same thing. After that you pretty much disappeared.. to places like Monero as we can see.

It's all in this forum posts you made then..  I can't be bothered to look for them specifically now though.

At the time it seemed there were people trading based on the opposite of what i said because I had been wrong, so I posted that hoping they would then buy and it would be a bottom.

I did sell about 1/3 of my BTS to get more funds to diversify.  But I hold the majority of it and do not plan to sell them.  I have more BTS now than I did when Bytemaster announced that 2.0 was ready and would be released in 30 days.

I made a lot of BTS margining it that first day and selling it at 2300.  I then lost most of that BTS but not all of it when we dropped from 2800 to 2000.  I had to close my position and take a big loss on that one but didnt get margin called at least, since I closed before it reached that point.

But anyway, my BTS loss is due to buying it in 2014 when it was high and then holding, not as a result of trading it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:40:38 pm by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

;)

No.  My net result from trading BTS on polo was to make several hundred thousand BTS.

I've lost money on BTS by buying lots of it at 2 cents in 2014 and now its way less.

Umm.. no.. I can remember the very time you said 'i'm out' after several lamenting posts along with others who had done the same thing. After that you pretty much disappeared.. to places like Monero as we can see.

It's all in this forum posts you made then..  I can't be bothered to look for them specifically now though.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile

;)

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

;)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

I am happy to know a bitshares fun are profiting from other coins! Sooner or later some of the profits* will come to bts again  :P
For the same reason I am sad when bts funs get scammed from banx-project-like crowdsales  :(

PS *but remember if you don't sell... they are still no profits...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 11:41:33 am by liondani »

Offline Tuck Fheman

All I can picture is this ...

;)
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
And new Monero highs. Again.

Ander becomes a big whale in monero?

My monero is worth more than my BTS, and not because I spent more money on it. :P

hey, that's the power of diversification! i heart BTS, but also buy a range of interesting cryptocurrency projects.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

My monero is worth more than my BTS, and not because I spent more money on it. :P

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile
Based on cryptonote.  Completely different algorithm from bitcoin, so it serves as a good alternative in case of a catastrophic failure in bitcoin.  Well tested cryptography with lots of academic research, cryptonote has been around for a couple decades now.

Why it is not in bitshares, damn it?

BitShares accomplishes the same goal with stealth transactions

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Isnt monero just another alt coin?

But seriously now:

Completely new code base from Bitcoin.  Not a copy coin like LTC, Doge, etc.

Devs have added over 275000 lines of code from the original codebase Monero was forked from.  Active, large dev team, 100% community funded.

https://getmonero.org/2016/02/10/monero-missive-2015-year-in-review.html

Based on cryptonote.  Completely different algorithm from bitcoin, so it serves as a good alternative in case of a catastrophic failure in bitcoin.  Well tested cryptography with lots of academic research, cryptonote has been around for a couple decades now.   

But it's still proof-of-work, which will make it centralized and waste huge amounts of energy if it will some day get any meaningful traction.

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Why it is not in bitshares, damn it?

Offline Methodise

I hear what you are saying. But to investors. Its just another altcoin. As is BTS. Is Ethereum? Is safecoin? Im not sure.

I like Monero but my book it is just a best in class altcoin, good as a bitcoin hedge as Ander suggests.

Bitshares is more comparable with Ethereum and Safecoin (were safecoin more than vapourware) imo.
BTS: methodise