Author Topic: BitShares needs separate specialized frontends  (Read 4883 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
+5% But I guess it's for third party businesses to create those specialized front end to appeal to those target markets.

I've expanded the BTS use-cases since but I came to the same conclusion early last year.

5 New Websites for 5 separate BitShares businesses

Trying to understand & sell BitShares all as one is hard... but within BitShares we have many businesses that are easy to pitch & easy to grasp on their own.
We could create websites and brand 5 different businesses that we view separately but are still managed by BitShares

BDEX                               BitAsset Exchange
BlockchainUSD             BitUSD and other BitCurrency specific simple wallets
TheNewSwissBank      Private BitAsset Bank (Buy assets at mark-up no use of exchange)
SovereignVault            Unseizable BitGold & BitCommodity Vault (BitGold and silver sold & bought + gateway)
E.T.SendHome            Global BitCurrency Remittance

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,13325.msg174295.html#msg174295

A guy in Argentina has heard about dollar stable assets & could be interested in BitUSD. Do you want to send him to the decentralized exchange? Will he go with us or NuBits?

Your dad keeps gold in a vault he's heard about blockchain gold. Where do you want to send him? The decentralized exchange? Will he go with us or BitGold.com?

A businessman has heard about currency stable accounts that are better than having a Swiss Bank account. Do you want to send him to the exchange? Will he go with us or a competitor that has branded themselves similar to a bank?

A taxi driver wants to send money home to his family. Do you want to send him to the exchange?
Will he go with us or a simple branded site set up specifically for remittance.

That was the idea behind it, that we actually make it simpler that way.

There's nothing new under the sun :)
Yes, if third party does it, it's the best. If not, we have to have it done by ourselves It think.

I'm in contact with JS developer about the specialized PM market frontend.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
 +5% But I guess it's for third party businesses to create those specialized front end to appeal to those target markets.

I've expanded the BTS use-cases since but I came to the same conclusion early last year.

5 New Websites for 5 separate BitShares businesses

Trying to understand & sell BitShares all as one is hard... but within BitShares we have many businesses that are easy to pitch & easy to grasp on their own.
We could create websites and brand 5 different businesses that we view separately but are still managed by BitShares

BDEX                               BitAsset Exchange
BlockchainUSD             BitUSD and other BitCurrency specific simple wallets
TheNewSwissBank      Private BitAsset Bank (Buy assets at mark-up no use of exchange)
SovereignVault            Unseizable BitGold & BitCommodity Vault (BitGold and silver sold & bought + gateway)
E.T.SendHome            Global BitCurrency Remittance

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,13325.msg174295.html#msg174295

A guy in Argentina has heard about dollar stable assets & could be interested in BitUSD. Do you want to send him to the decentralized exchange? Will he go with us or NuBits?

Your dad keeps gold in a vault he's heard about blockchain gold. Where do you want to send him? The decentralized exchange? Will he go with us or BitGold.com?

A businessman has heard about currency stable accounts that are better than having a Swiss Bank account. Do you want to send him to the exchange? Will he go with us or a competitor that has branded themselves similar to a bank?

A taxi driver wants to send money home to his family. Do you want to send him to the exchange?
Will he go with us or a simple branded site set up specifically for remittance.

That was the idea behind it, that we actually make it simpler that way.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 02:55:31 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
As getting more services and features, I feel that BitShares wallet is becoming too complex to use for average users. We (will) have services such as storing and transferring of funds (with/without privacy), exchange, gateway, PM market, voting, dynamic account permission, etc. What I want to insist is to have specialized front-ends.

We can have Openledger exchange website (exchange with pre-selected recommended markets + gateway + transfer)
We can have prediction market site/app (customized exchange for PM markets + transfer + gateway)
We can have remittance site/app (gateway + one-click currency conversion button)
We can have secure messaging app (transfer)

The integrated wallet is good as well. But if there can be meaningful demands, why don't we make a separate and easy service and provide them?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop