Author Topic: Why would anyone short a lot of any smartcoin into existence?  (Read 5247 times)

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
I think it would help if there would be documentation how to use the network as a speculator/shorter. I know that I can borrow a bitasset, sell it for a high markup and buy back at a lower rate in theory, but in reality it's almost impossible to buy back at a lower price due to missing liquidity.

We need tutorials for shorters (and other market participants) in a easy to understand language how to make a profit with BitShares. I'd love to provide liquidity, but I'm not sure how.. every time I tried, I ended up with a loss.

Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline Pheonike

When it comes to BTA I think we need to come to the realization that there creation/destruction needs to be automated by the network itself.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Pretend you're pitching the idea of adding liquidity to bitUSD to a hedge fund and you're trying to convince them to short 1 million bitUSD into existence as a test run for significant future trading. What would you say?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 09:28:06 pm by cylonmaker2053 »