Author Topic: Openledger/Bitshares Decentralisation Onion hosting ?  (Read 1433 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
It's not OpenLedger that is able to hide or show your orders to others, BitShares (the backbone) is. Right now everything is transparent.

If you don't like OpenLedger, you can run a local node which connects to the backbone, and run a light client which connects to your local node. See http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/tutorials/full-node-usage.html
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares is the backbone. OpenLedger is a hosted GUI.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
I would like to help you, but my English is not good, I think there are a lot of people are willing to answer for you

Offline Unorthodox

• View Profile
thanks for your reply..

Can the wallet proxy settings configured to run through tor like the bitcoin wallet ?

Also do you would recommend investing in bts ? where do you see this coin and what are the uses. I dont know why but bitshares seems pretty complicated to me.. it would be nice if someone can describe bts in a few word.

Thanks

Offline Unorthodox

• View Profile
Greetings all,

Since Governments like to regulate Cryptocoins more hard in the future i see a huge impact for decentralised Exchanges like Openledger. But i got some concern. Why openledger dont provide any Onion Hostings ?
Exchanges should be also available for Tor user. Because imagine you got 1 Bitcoin and like to buy SDC,Xmr,Dash or other privacy coins. Then everyone would know you bought them with your 1 btc. But if there would be Onion hosting available nobody will ever know what coins you bought with the 1 btc.

So this could improve anonymity and privacy for decentralised Exchanges. Is something like this possible ? Or an Wallet which can be used as an exchange (OpenLedger Wallet -> through tor).

Also i still do not understand the whole thing about bitshares and openledger. I think both are great improvements to the crypto world. I thinking about buying a few Bitshares..but i dunno if it is worth it ?

Thank you all !