Author Topic: Rate Limited Free Transactions Feature Implemented  (Read 16183 times)

Offline btstip

• View Profile
  • BitShares: btstip-io
Hey fuzzy, here are the results of your tips...
  • abit: has been credited 1 SILVERTICKET
Curious about ShareBits? Visit us at http://sharebits.co and start tipping BTS on https://bitsharestalk.org/ today!
Created by hybridd

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
what are you thinking , charging BTS on stocks or charging stocks on stocks ?
The network takes BTS .. the issuer can decide to allow its holders to pay in stock via the fee pool ..
still .. for some assets it makes sense to have a 0 fee .. while for others it does not .. that's all I am trying to say

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
a) We need a hard fork
b) there are some issues with it that make the code messy (iirc)
c) we need someone to properly audit the code
d) there is no money to pay any of the points above .. yet
e) If you think about it .. it may make sense to have a way more powerfull fee structure .. for instance, ideally bitUSD can be transfered for free, while stock shares shouldn't ..

what are you thinking , charging BTS on stocks or charging stocks on stocks ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

It will be another powerful tool in our toolbox :)

+5%

(testing)
#sharebits "abit" 1 SILVERTICKET
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
a) We need a hard fork
b) there are some issues with it that make the code messy (iirc)
c) we need someone to properly audit the code
d) there is no money to pay any of the points above .. yet
e) If you think about it .. it may make sense to have a way more powerfull fee structure .. for instance, ideally bitUSD can be transfered for free, while stock shares shouldn't ..

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I've been away, has this been done and currently live on chain?
Nop ..

Huum, but didn't @abit code it? What's missing here? Tests? Or is it because we need a hard fork?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Nop ..

Offline Akado

• View Profile
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
How will referrers like OpenLedger be affected by these type of fees? Their revenue coming from this will be significantly lower.

A business shouldn't rely solely on that but it's one less revenue stream.
If I remembered correctly Ronny of OpenLedger welcomes this feature. Someone can help check again. Lower fees sometimes means more users, so maybe better combined results.

If so I couldn't find it searching over the last 2 months using keyword "fee" and member ccedk.
I remember he said it in Telegram BitShares channel. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

How will referrers like OpenLedger be affected by these type of fees? Their revenue coming from this will be significantly lower.

If I remembered correctly Ronny of OpenLedger welcomes this feature. Someone can help check again. Lower fees sometimes means more users, so maybe better combined results.

I agree, but it does kill the referral program right? It makes it a little bit useless now, not 100% sure, but it's possible revenues get severely restricted right?

I actually prefer it this way, I just want to know because of the rate limited fees BSIP. I havent got much time lately, was sick and only managed to get an introduction. Need more info on this kind of stuff, even though I think I won't be able to pull it off due to lack of time. I'll just try making what I can and have someone else complete it.
Thanks for your efforts.  :D

In regards to the referral program, I had same feeling at the very beginning. However from a technical POV, I managed to put my efforts on developing it, IMO stake holders can always decide whether to use it, or how to use it. See this post:

Just one thing, you built the referral program, don't try to kill it.

I'm not trying to kill it. Just give BTS more flexibility in how to use it.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Akado

• View Profile

I agree, but it does kill the referral program right? It makes it a little bit useless now, not 100% sure, but it's possible revenues get severely restricted right?

I actually prefer it this way, I just want to know because of the rate limited fees BSIP. I havent got much time lately, was sick and only managed to get an introduction. Need more info on this kind of stuff, even though I think I won't be able to pull it off due to lack of time. I'll just try making what I can and have someone else complete it.

Offline Thom

If so I couldn't find it searching over the last 2 months using keyword "fee" and member ccedk.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
I think it would be best if there is not a separate worker proposal for marketing video but instead some part of the actual worker proposal funds for this feature would be pointed for the video. We could probably also raise some sum with donations, at least I could give something like $20 for this.

Offline noisy

I'd like to see some marketing budget to be included in the worker proposal, for example for a short video that explains clearly how Bitshares will function from now on. This revolutionary feature has to be understood, otherwise people won't get interested and won't care.

I totaly agree!

To everyone who cares about marketing

We already got an offer. Hypercube wrote here that he is able to prepare such video, but he needs some funding. I wrote to him, that he should create a worker proposal, then he wrote:

To be honest, I doubt there's enough interest.
We'll need to raise thousands to make this happen. With just 9 replies 3 retweets and 375 views....  in two weeks.

So... if we want to have a proper video campain, we have to say that at loud to someone who can prepare such video! Please give @Hypercube some feedback in  his thread
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv