Author Topic: How about a marketing campaign geared towards retail traders?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Great to hear you're having fun trading! 

Yes I agree about retail trading.  It might good to use a marketing campaign focused on recruiting businesses that would want to use the platform so they could customize their own experience for their own customers.  Right now the basic wallet & OL is geared towards cryptotraders.  We'll create a simple one for average users and a retail one for experienced retail traders would be good.  The more variety  the better.   

all very cool ideas that would add a good deal of value.

i've been thinking for maybe too long about how/why end users would want our MPAs instead of using Visa, Mastercard, BTC, etc., but i'm not convinced that our products are the best for merchant adoption. i think we have a lot of value elsewhere.

i think it's more important to simply get trading enthusiasts excited about the DEX and convince more of them to try it out and start doing what they do every day on stock and commodities exchanges on our system.

a viable bond market also solves a big demand issue for our MPAs, but we're not quite there yet. i've said this before on other threads, but i love the idea of a system-generated Bitshares Treasury bill/bond that recycles some % of fees into dividend/interest payments.

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
Great to hear you're having fun trading! 

Yes I agree about retail trading.  It might good to use a marketing campaign focused on recruiting businesses that would want to use the platform so they could customize their own experience for their own customers.  Right now the basic wallet & OL is geared towards cryptotraders.  We'll create a simple one for average users and a retail one for experienced retail traders would be good.  The more variety  the better.   
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
We have an awesome platform, cool assets, we just need people to bring some money to the table and have fun experiencing the 21st century of trading. The more the merrier --noise traders, chart phuckers, quants, bots, whatever...

I've been having fun trying to play market maker for some of the assets, keeping open buy and sell orders throughout the day to narrow spreads, but we need a lot more people to jump in; whether it's to park capital in market-pegged assets, speculate, day trade, etc. My plan is to automate this when i have more time, but for now it's a fun addiction to keep OpenLedger up all day and refresh my orders.

that said, the community would benefit tremendously from a concerted marketing campaign geared towards retail traders.