Author Topic: Could someone could prepare very basic tutorial for newbie traders?  (Read 1407 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
i was actually going to post a new thread about this. i've been tinkering with the openledger platform and love the functionality, but feel like i'm a dinosaur trading. Any community effort to publish technical documentation, how-to tutorials, trading best practices, a handful of simple strategies with detailed walk-throughs, etc. would be extremely useful.

We're in a "Field of Dreams" situation where our devs have built an awesome infrastructure, we just need traders to come and play. Anything we can do to make trading easier has big value.

Offline gitfan

• View Profile
I know, that I can always buy cheap and sell high... but I am really confused by all that shorting and borrowing stuff.

I would like to get simple answer/instruction, what should I do, if I believe, that BTS will rise against USD?

Should I borrow then USD using BTS, and then sell USD by buying more BTS?

Could someone could prepare very basic tutorial for newbie traders?

If my understanding is correct, that would be very helpful if such tips would be available in gui... describing few scenarios. Descriptions of Prediction Assets has this kind of tips:

If you believe that the price will be above $40.00 buy and hold. If you beleive the price will be below $40.00 borrow and sell.