Author Topic: OPENBAZAAR  (Read 7149 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Don't waste time on incorporating bitUSD into openbazaar. Bring the whole thing into openledger.

I disagree. I want to reach a much larger audience and get them curious about what else we offer with BitShares.

He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. There's no way OL or BitShares could compete with OpenBazar because of the community size and marketing already done so far. As long as they use our USD is what matters, they don't even need to know they're using BitShares.

We need to convince them to use bitshares blockchain for their trade platform, not just bitUSD. This is the win for them and for us.
I agree and I will try my best to let them know all the other features they would get for free by integrating BTS

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Don't waste time on incorporating bitUSD into openbazaar. Bring the whole thing into openledger.

I disagree. I want to reach a much larger audience and get them curious about what else we offer with BitShares.

He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. There's no way OL or BitShares could compete with OpenBazar because of the community size and marketing already done so far. As long as they use our USD is what matters, they don't even need to know they're using BitShares.

We need to convince them to use bitshares blockchain for their trade platform, not just bitUSD. This is the win for them and for us.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
They are open for pull request even though he mentioned that the ob community is quite btc centric. They do have a plan for adding a plugin system for other chains

BUT, seening Dr. Washingtons presentation about future innovations, i think instead of having BitShare as a 'plugin' is unvervaluing the advantages they would get from it.

I'll try to reach out to tgem more often and joun discussions with their community.

Definitly worth doing, not so low hanging fruits though

great to know him directly. maybe we find a way to make it easy to use openbazaar for bitshares users? something like, to get their plattform into our wallet or so.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

TravelsAsia

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
They are open for pull request even though he mentioned that the ob community is quite btc centric. They do have a plan for adding a plugin system for other chains

BUT, seening Dr. Washingtons presentation about future innovations, i think instead of having BitShare as a 'plugin' is unvervaluing the advantages they would get from it.

I'll try to reach out to tgem more often and joun discussions with their community.

awesome and agreed, this isn't low hanging fruit by any means. Just great that you're staying connected with them and giving us a voice. It'd be great one day to simply have them incorporate bitUSD or something for listings and payment, but no rush. Truly the ultimate market for us, though, at least on the merchant side.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile

I honestly thing that integrating OpenBazaar with bitshares stealth transactions are the holy grail.

Who do I vote for to get this?

Or donation to address to get it started.

Buying more today to have more vote power

om nom nom
You own the network, but who pays for development?

TravelsAsia

I'll try to make it to the openbazaar meetup today in amsterdam .. the whole OB1 team plus some devs will be there
That would be awesome if you could xeroc. You'd be the best man for the job.  You have the knowledge to give a clear and concise massage to how Bitshares can be implemented and the benefit that both parties can reap! I'll by your beer if you go!!

I'm in for a $5 tip.

Offline emailtooaj

I'll try to make it to the openbazaar meetup today in amsterdam .. the whole OB1 team plus some devs will be there
That would be awesome if you could xeroc. You'd be the best man for the job.  You have the knowledge to give a clear and concise massage to how Bitshares can be implemented and the benefit that both parties can reap! I'll by your beer if you go!!
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Myshadow

• View Profile
I tell you people, openbazaar on openledger would be a nuclear bomb. You want to sell your crap, you create a listing, put it into blockchain, such that people can browse listings and make bids. When listing expires, highest bid sends bitassets to escrow account, which is owned by three parties: the seller, the buyer and the escrow. If buyer and seller agree, funds are released by two of them, no escrow action is necessary. If buyer and seller don't agree for 90 days, the escrow takes action based on evidences presented by b&s. How cool is that! People would be able to trade bitassets for real assets on DEX, just like they trade bitcoins on ebay or localbitcoins. Good bye centralized exchanges. Good bye price feeds. Blockchain knows everything!

I honestly think that integrating OpenBazaar with bitshares stealth transactions is the holy grail. Not because of the obvious use case (silkroad) that people probably don't want bitshares or OB to be associated with, but because this is the system required to stop the inevitable rise of Fascism and Communism from destroying the remnants of the free market... I'm not sure whether you people have noticed, but the november election looks like its shaping up to be fascism vs communism, ie: Trump vs Sanders. All the major economic indicators show that we've already gone off the edge of a cliff we just haven't started falling yet, and the middle east is set to go up in flames within months... Interest rates are going negative, banks are going down in flames(even though they haven't announced it yet) and governments are insolvent.

These are the kind of conditions that allow truly horrific things to happen, last time this kind of thing happened was the lead up to world war 2... The real problem is that the general population doesn't understand why things are going so wrong so they'll turn to extreme ideologies on both the left and right when their backs are against the wall... All these ideologies ever do is promise to fix the problem by taking away more individual liberty. This is cycle that plays out time and time again... Except this time there's a 3rd option.

Imagine what would happen if there is a system that works just fine for all the commerce people need to maintain a reasonable standard of living whilst most people's wealth gets inflated away in front of them, banks limit withdrawals, government benefits stop flowing/slow down drastically... Thats the mass adoption tipping point we all want. We just have to have the pieces in place ready for the inevitable.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:49:18 am by Myshadow »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I believe my marketplace with syscoin is a better implementation.

It is onchain instead of p2p and has features ob doesnt.. We can also accept bitcoin payments to syscoin aliases so can leverage bitcoin network of users.. I would be glad to integrate with bitshares somehow, infact it was a goal of mine that the ecommerce plugins would merge these two technologies.. You will be able to literally import and export to and from ebay for example.

We are releasing soonish next month, so i look forward to figuring out a way we can do this... A decentralized marketplace with a decentralized exchange sounds like a win win.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline yvv

• View Profile
I tell you people, openbazaar on openledger would be a nuclear bomb. You want to sell your crap, you create a listing, put it into blockchain, such that people can browse listings and make bids. When listing expires, highest bid sends bitassets to escrow account, which is owned by three parties: the seller, the buyer and the escrow. If buyer and seller agree, funds are released by two of them, no escrow action is necessary. If buyer and seller don't agree for 90 days, the escrow takes action based on evidences presented by b&s. How cool is that! People would be able to trade bitassets for real assets on DEX, just like they trade bitcoins on ebay or localbitcoins. Good bye centralized exchanges. Good bye price feeds. Blockchain knows everything!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 04:13:18 am by yvv »