Author Topic: An open letter to Ronny B of Openledger  (Read 2609 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I'd like to see dividend payouts instead of a buyback... hope this is still up for discussion
Technically with the new launched debug_node it's easier to do dividend payouts, but still a bit costly for businesses..

//Update: I think we'd better have a new "batch_transfer_operation", so more efficient to pay dividends.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:21:36 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I'd like to see dividend payouts instead of a buyback... hope this is still up for discussion

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
Thanks very much for the suggestions made in this thread, they are all positive comments to ways of improving the user experience.

There are many things happening in the coming months, and I will try my best to ask my devs to come up with suggestions on how to solve or assist in solving any or most of the issue within the nearest future.

All the best

Ronny Boesing
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I support this, both the suggestions and the way they are sound propositions instead of just passively criticizing.

@ccedk
These are some simple changes that are mostly about removing some stuff and not actually paying for development of new features.
I think these changes would make the user experience for first time users much much better.

- Host your exchange at openledger.info (right now it is a redirect)
- You could limit your GUI to just OPEN.BTC trade pairs
- Remove unnecessary buttons like a lot of the options on the vertical menu
- Make the Deposit/Withdraw button more prominent by moving it to the top menu.
- Remove deposit and withdraw options from other providers
- Limit the openledger users to a single account
- Add a trollbox
- Add a favicon
- integrate your homepage in to the exchange itself.
- Merge CCEDK and openledger into one.

I'd also like to suggest 2FA.
Xeroc, svk, I guess you don't accept LOVE? Someone, how much to make something like this happen on OpenLedger?

The funding could be split 50/50 between openledger and(if) a bitshares worker is approved? This would help openledger to gain track as 2fa is a must for an exchange, and 50% from the network because this feature would be free libre to use as we want.

Most users who are not adept to cryptography and just want to use the market may take an year  to get used managing their keys and cleaning caches. The ones who don't actually stay away because of the lack of 2fa.
Even light wallet and power users would greatly benefit with a day to day 2fa wallet.

you could use another brand for the DA(Conglomerate), when needed, and let OpenLedger be the dex, maybe?
The 2fa details you linked may be not like most of users imagined. It's more powerful but less convenient. A lot of overheads. Much work need to be done on gui.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
I support this, both the suggestions and the way they are sound propositions instead of just passively criticizing.

@ccedk
These are some simple changes that are mostly about removing some stuff and not actually paying for development of new features.
I think these changes would make the user experience for first time users much much better.

- Add a trollbox
- Add a favicon

I'd also like to suggest 2FA.
Xeroc, svk, I guess you don't accept LOVE? Someone, how much to make something like this happen on OpenLedger?

The funding could be split 50/50 between openledger and(if) a bitshares worker is approved? This would help openledger to gain track as 2fa is a must for an exchange, and 50% from the network because this feature would be free libre to use as we want.

Most users who are not adept to cryptography and just want to use the market may take an year  to get used managing their keys and cleaning caches. The ones who don't actually stay away because of the lack of 2fa.
Even light wallet and power users would greatly benefit with a day to day 2fa wallet.

you could use another brand for the DA(Conglomerate), when needed, and let OpenLedger be the dex, maybe?

Offline bang-king

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
@ccedk

Dear Ronny B,   

As it currently stands I see no major difference between the downloadable light client and Openledgers webwallet.
After raising $237,000+ from the Obits crowdsale I think many Obits holders would have been hoping to see you make some custom changes to the GUI.
the GUI is great for us bitshares fans but the GUI is too complex and confusing for new users who may be used to poloniex right now.

- Add a trollbox
- Add a favicon

If you are worried about losing features create a tickbox in settings to toggle on advanced features.
I sure for a handsome fee @svk  would be willing to make these custom changes for you.

I would like to start my own exchange at thedex.org but have put this on hold for 6 months until a few things settle down but I still hope to do it. But until then please take my best ideas and run with them.

Regards

Jonny B
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares