Author Topic: OpenLedger brain wallet doesn't verify  (Read 2185 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
From what I heard .. there will be a competitor to open ledger launching quite soon ..
and eventually there will also be @JonnyBitcoin 's thedex.org ..

Things are moving towards decentralization of API servers and hosted wallets for the BitShares network! YEAHY!

nice! and fyi, OL wallet working for me again.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
From what I heard .. there will be a competitor to open ledger launching quite soon ..
and eventually there will also be @JonnyBitcoin 's thedex.org ..

Things are moving towards decentralization of API servers and hosted wallets for the BitShares network! YEAHY!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
i'm actually having trouble loading the wallet. haven't been able to do so for the last half hour using Firefox.

Offline skabbo

• View Profile
Hey xeroc,
Confirmed, this does not happen on the testnet.  It successfully imported the bin file previously generated by the live exchange.
Thanks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Paging @svk for the chrome issue.

As for the backup.. that shouldnt be the case. We need to look into this (@jcalfee1).

Could you try this on the testnet as well and see if you get the same invalid format error, please?
http://testnet.bitshares.eu

Offline skabbo

• View Profile
I was trying to back up the brainwallet - oddly, I just logged back in, and this time copy/pasting the phrase into the 'Verify' box worked.  No explanation for why it wasn't earlier. 

Also wondering if the export/import .bin thing was a known issue.  It creates the bts_default.bin file when I back it up, but if I select that to import it, I get 'invalid format'.  Is it because the account is already loaded? I can rely on the brainwallet phrase, but just having a redundant means to access the account would be some peace of mind. 

I still can't access the page in Chrome - same message no matter how many times I refresh, but as long as it works in Firefox I'm happy.

Thanks!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Welcome to the BitShares community!

Could you tell us what you actually want to achieve?
Do you want to recover from a backup, create a new account or reimport your accounts using the brain wallet?
Over here, I can't reproduce the "brainkeys not matching" issues unfortunatelly... but can recall one other guys having said something about it that has indeed never answered our questions :(

The page you see in chrome tells me that chrome couldn't estable a connection to the API server quickly enough. I see them here as well from time to time. It should disappear if your click on "Retry".

Offline skabbo

• View Profile
Hey all - first post, so let me know if this isn't the right place.

I have an account on OpenLedger which I access via Firefox.  When I go to verify the brainwallet however, the message below the textbox ("Brainkey does not match, keep going…") does not change, even after copying/pasting the key from the verification (or typing manually, in case it watches for keystrokes)

I saw someone else with this problem, and the response they got was 'What browser are you using?" which they haven't answered.  I can ONLY use OpenLedger via Firefox.  When I try via Chrome I get this: 

Application initialization issues
API CONNECTION
+wss://bitshares.openledger.info/ws
Connection Status CONNECTED

And it never gets past that screen.

When I try via Edge, I get to the login screen, but when I hit 'Import Backup' to link the account, I get 'Invalid Format' uploading the .bin backup file from Firefox.  Only the top "Import Backup" option works and opens a file browser - the "Import wallet from BitShares 0.9.3c" option just takes me to the same place 'Create Account" does.

I know, it's a bit of a laundry list.  Anyone experienced any of these before and/or have any suggestions?

Thanks very much!