Author Topic: Transfer a UIA  (Read 2171 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Need to know the difference between "permission" and "flag".
I don't know any asset has that "flag" set, although most of assets have that "permission" set.

@xeroc maybe it's not related to override_transfer_operation, maybe related to white listing. However I've never looked into it either..
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline warmach

I don't get why you need to approve transfers then in the first place?!

I asked myself the same question, and the only reason I could come up with was because it could circumvent the market trading.  Does that really matter, probably not.  But the reason that I kept that flag was because it was set by default and that all other active assets I looked at it had that flag also.  I just assumed I was missing something.  Maybe I am not...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
To be honest .. I never looked into that feature ..
But I assume it has to do with the "override_transfer" operation that is not implemented in the GUI yet ..

That stinks.  I was looking to setup a UIA as a gateway between an alt currency and bitshares exchange.  Basically, user transfers alt currency to me, then I transfer UIA to them in bitshares.  The do the reverse to cash out alt currency.  That all hinges on the transfer of the asset.  Would asset owners need to use the CLI wallet to make the transfer then?
I don't get why you need to approve transfers then in the first place?!

Offline warmach

But I assume it has to do with the "override_transfer" operation that is not implemented in the GUI yet ..

Or did you mean that this operation was not implemented in the testnet version?

Offline warmach

That stinks.  I was looking to setup a UIA as a gateway between an alt currency and bitshares exchange.  Basically, user transfers alt currency to me, then I transfer UIA to them in bitshares.  The do the reverse to cash out alt currency.  That all hinges on the transfer of the asset.  Would asset owners need to use the CLI wallet to make the transfer then?

I could setup a smart coin, but I don't have much BTS to fill the initial collateral pool.  In addition, I don't quite understand how the smartcoin owner could then withdraw it from the bitshares exchange, if they can at all.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline warmach

If I create a UIA and set the flag that Issuer must approve transfer, how does it get approved?  I tried in the testnet, but couldn't find a way to issue a transfer for approval.