Author Topic: NXT forks BitShares 2.O mojo! goes for scalability  (Read 15731 times)

Offline ivglavas

• View Profile
And i do have some problems with cutting my messages on half or maybe more here in forum..

Offline ivglavas

• View Profile
Great to have that kind of feedback. Thank you guys! Hope no one got offended

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
One of my largest peeves on this forum has been people taking the statements of a single person and extrapolating it to the whole community.  Repeatedly.  Some manage to take this even further ...

Yes, truly. Grow some thicker skin, people. It will serve you well. There are many, many people using BitShares, more every day. One dumb comment doesn't mean a damn thing.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

HI guys. I am new here because I found bitshares in August last year and invested two months ago (almost all of my savings in bts). Bts is one of best projects I ever saw (ex stock exchange employee, now just sniffing and investing in crypto). Must say that community is full of hate and it is the ONLY thing that pulls you down. Here in forum you sound like a bunch of 15 year old guys on a half time, having 2:0 score and arguing was there a penalty possibility in 42nd minute or not. Can you just swallow your pride, engage "not giving a fuck mode" and kick some ass again? Go grab a beer and enjoy this beautiful project. None of you is fault, every single one contributed abnormaly in development and there is so big perspective in this that I really cannot belive with my eyes.
Good luck to you with my hope that you will understand what I am saying here.. You are the best!

I got a fortune cookie today... this was it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCOir75TMWE/?taken-by=jonathan.bahai

Prosperity makes friends;
Adversity tries them.

That is largely the situation in Bitshares today... and we have more than our fair share of fair-weather friends who have come and gone. By that I don't mean they are not here. They have gone (sold their stake), but they stick around here just because they cannot find the same kind of community; even though they are not really true supporters anymore. They are here generally to keep on justifying their decision to leave to themselves and try to get others.. because misery loves company.

Those still in the thick though tend to feel really frustrated as mentioned because like you.. they know how awesome this project is but is sorely under valued.. especially if they are losing.

You're post was a nice breath of fresh air though.. thank you! :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
One of my largest peeves on this forum has been people taking the statements of a single person and extrapolating it to the whole community.  Repeatedly.  Some manage to take this even further ...
True .. and I think I played a role here as well ..

The whole situation recently made me learn new things about myself and I appreciate that!

Let's get over it, grab the stones people have thrown into our ways and use it build a better tomorrow!

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Regardless, it would appear that the bickering brought ivglavas to sign up, as their first post was in this thread. So I'm feeling slightly redeemed.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline ivglavas

• View Profile
That comes in time. Like Mike got crazy in BTC community, that way anyone can just snap and leave :)
It is not sth bad, it can sometimes be very good thing to do to clear your mind and get back even stronger

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
HI guys. I am new here because I found bitshares in August last year and invested two months ago (almost all of my savings in bts). Bts is one of best projects I ever saw (ex stock exchange employee, now just sniffing and investing in crypto). Must say that community is full of hate and it is the ONLY thing that pulls you down. Here in forum you sound like a bunch of 15 year old guys on a half time, having 2:0 score and arguing was there a penalty possibility in 42nd minute or not. Can you just swallow your pride, engage "not giving a fuck mode" and kick some ass again? Go grab a beer and enjoy this beautiful project. None of you is fault, every single one contributed abnormaly in development and there is so big perspective in this that I really cannot belive with my eyes.
Good luck to you with my hope that you will understand what I am saying here.. You are the best!
It totally agree but it hasn't always been that way ... I believe that many are are angry because they have lost quite some money and picked the wrong investment ..
I am still here for the long term and try to be as optimistic as usual even though some members are making it hard .. then on the other hand .. some other members that have been very pessimistic disappeared entirely or started contributing some serious stuff!

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
+5%

Offline ivglavas

• View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
There really is no need to fling dirt at each other. So many of us have felt like we understand what's going on with this technology and the best way to build it out, to survive and grow these networks and to bring their utility to a broader market. If we're honest, we all need to eat some humble pie and realise no-one has been right all the time, no-one has no skin in the game. That is why the only thing that makes sense is to take a long term view of success or failure and, assuming you believe in the technology as a whole, keep working at it. Innovation is critical. Finding the means of funding development and support is critical and by hook or by crook, we'll find a way. Its that or someone in the future will take what has been built and start again.  The question is, can everyone currently in this community pull together enough to enable BitShares to survive? I believe we can. That is in no small part to the abilities and dedication of the team around Bytemaster. It's not the price or market cap that dictates the success or failure of BitShares, it is the integrity of the vision and the dedication of the community to working through the difficulties to get there. if we do, everybody wins. Everybody.

Offline Tuck Fheman

Reading the thread it seems like some holders and developers are leaving. jl777 is one of them.

BlueMeanie needs a towel I bet.  :P
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline MarkoPaasila

Reading the thread it seems like some holders and developers are leaving. jl777 is one of them. Here's his farewell post https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=10828.msg210601#msg210601

Many also seem to be worried about a bloated blockchain, restrictions of java and eventual slowness of the relational database.

Just a few observations

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Meh, I'm not done here.

The funny thing is.... you guys are "smart enough to know Litecoin was dying wayyyyy before I did," but you're not smart enough to see that Bitshares is dying. Now, THAT is funny.

BTW, I never said you were new to crypto.  I said your account was "relatively new" (IIRC) but did not check my memory was shown to be wrong. I made a correction in that post.

Who is deluded here?  Really?  ...  No one here said they knew LTC was dying before you, just that it isn't some brilliant insight into CCs.  Why do you think people want to fork and try TonyK's idea?  It isn't because they think BitShares is going to the moon.  Again... your thoughts are so inconsistent.  It makes it hard to listen to you, because you never put forth ideas..  just ALL over the map. It is always nonsense like the above.

lol... I have posted a ton of ideas over the years. You clowns disregard them. That is not my fault.

Forking Bitshares is not a solution to the problem. It is another step towards death.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Meh, I'm not done here.

The funny thing is.... you guys are "smart enough to know Litecoin was dying wayyyyy before I did," but you're not smart enough to see that Bitshares is dying. Now, THAT is funny.

BTW, I never said you were new to crypto.  I said your account was "relatively new" (IIRC) but did not check my memory was shown to be wrong. I made a correction in that post.

Who is deluded here?  Really?  ...  No one here said they knew LTC was dying before you, just that it isn't some brilliant insight into CCs.  Why do you think people want to fork and try TonyK's idea?  It isn't because they think BitShares is going to the moon.  Again... your thoughts are so inconsistent.  It makes it hard to listen to you, because you never put forth ideas..  just ALL over the map. It is always nonsense like the above.

edit - wait maybe Tuck said he knew before.. whatever..  I don't care.. the point is, you turn that into "you guys".  You take any statement of one person and then turn it into some plural.  Over and over. Stick with facts and what people say.  Don't be afraid to admit you were wrong about something instead of floundering about all over the internet trying to show you were right about something.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:19:03 am by gamey »

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Meh, I'm not done here.

@gamey Looking through your post count, you have not posted anything of substance for quite a while. Sorry that I try to critique and analyze things rather than cheerlead and groupthink with every post.

I am the one doing the groupthinking? Siding with BM nowadays is an unpopular opinion. Yet, I am the delusional one... It is cool nowadays to attack anything he proposes and says.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:15:25 am by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Except I said it back when it was controversial... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.400

Whatever. I spend hours... daily... for 4 years researching cryptocurrencies. Then you armchair experts try to play like you're experts. You spend way too much time on these forums. You should branch out into the rest of the cryptocurrency community and see how deluded everyone is here. Thanks for the underhanded compliment douchenozzle.

I've been intentionally arrogant in the past, but I am not so stupid to wonder why people wouldn't want to listen to me.  So is Bytemaster the only non-deluded person on this forum ?  Or would it be you and him?  Amuse me. One of your problems is you lump the 100s of users on the forum as all thinking the same way and being 'deluded'.  There are many things you say like this, which just makes people blow you off and no I don't care about any account on Bitcointalk in regards to this.

Basically, you spend too much time trying to prove to everyone you're smart.

I doubt I spend much if any more time than you do on this forum .. but continue on, you are starting to become really amusing with all these claims that have no real evidence or explanations backing them.  Your analysis skills are world class.  Just read this thread. ;)

Anyway, I'll shut-up...  Although I do think I like being called a douchenozzle.  lol. cheers

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

Except I said it back when it was controversial... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.400

2014. Such controversy.  ::)

I was after Charlie in early 2013 ... and that was too late.

I can has autograph?

I am just pointing out I am not new around the crypto scene as Gamey had declared up-thread...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:10:56 am by CoinHoarder »

Offline Tuck Fheman

2014. Such controversy.  ::)

I was after Charlie in early 2013 ... and that was too late.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

Except I said it back when it was controversial... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662058.0

That's after I have been lobbying for innovative development in Litecoin for months...

Whatever. I spend hours... daily... for 4 years researching cryptocurrencies. Then you armchair experts try to play like you're experts. You spend way too much time on these forums. You should branch out into the rest of the cryptocurrency community and see how deluded everyone is here including yourself. Thanks for the underhanded compliment douchenozzle.

You are delusional if you think Bytemaster is not the best thing that ever happened to Bitshares. It simply would not exist, and would not be where it is today without him.

I am done with this poop flinging you have initiated, you may have the last word. Good day.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:03:44 am by CoinHoarder »

Offline Tuck Fheman

Saying that LTC is going nowhere is not some bit of brilliance...

Chicken no Rize.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Coinhoarder you are as deluded as anyone and you can't even think straight. After repeating myself multiple times you finally have admitted you were greatly confused.

I'm still not sure if we are supposed to blindly follow Bytemaster because you view him as having a towering intellect or if that would be the group think which you hate so much.

This forum is all over the board about dilution and it is usually the Chinese guys who hate it. 

However, thank you for explaining why you personally care so much. 

Saying that LTC is going nowhere is not some bit of brilliance... lots around here have been saying the same. Yet they're still far ahead of every other project that didn't have a huge IPO/celebrity backing.  Seems very likely it'll die eventually. I've referred to LTC as BTC 1.2 some time ago.. I don't think I'm particularly smart for realizing that, nor would I ever brag about it, but to each his own.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:48:01 am by gamey »

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
I don't quote mortals much, but when I do:

The old adage goes.. you need to spend money to make money

I do believe it was the Chinese who proved that particular law at around the same time they were inventing paper and gunpowder, in fact, if it wasn't for that third round of funding following the failed IPO, neither would have been invented. 

I waste too much time coaching you guys though... I will probably end up giving up like I did on ...

The Litecoiners gave me a lot of hate too for consistently voicing dissenting opinions. I guess the joke is on them. (or is it on you?)

My next project, called CoinHodor, will be a fork of NXT 2.O, BitShares 2.O, Crypti 2.O (aka Lisk) and dShares. It will be 15% better than all four, which makes it 60% better overall, by my math.

@Ander quick.. put some bitcoin into this! :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Not Vitalik Buterin

• I'm better than you by 15%, theoretically.
    • View Profile
My next project, called CoinHodor, will be a fork of NXT 2.O, BitShares 2.O, Crypti 2.O (aka Lisk) and dShares. It will be 15% better than all four, which makes it 60% better overall, by my math.
"One way to succeed in getting VC funds is to cloak self as a BTC company but actually have wider ambitions"

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Seems like a misunderstanding to me. You guys are certainly idiots if you can't see how I could be confused... considering Tonyk's proposal has been the hot topic the past week and the underlying idea of Nxt 2.0 is splitting Nxt into two separate tokens. Regardless of there being different purposes for splitting Bitshares/Nxt into two separate tokens, there is an obvious similarity and the benefits may be overlapped if you combined the technologies. This is why I trust Bytemaster... he understands things like this:

can someone pull out the good ideas from that thread?

Bytemaster immediately saw the potential in the idea rather than stating "OMG Nxt is copying our completely original idea to make a scale-able blockchain." If you think this idea is original, then I have a bridge to sell you. So, I figured this couldn't be what you're talking about... silly me apparently.  ::)

This is why I have pulled out of Bitshares. You guys have wrangled "control" of Bitshares from him by dragging his name through the mud for diluting Bitshares. Yet, fail to see he is the only thing that has put Bitshares where it is today. So many project have crashed and burned by now, but Bitshares is actually still doing OK compared to most. I trust Bytemaster's intellect, but I do not trust the rest of you. You guys (me including) can only dream of being as smart as him. I have been involved with cryptocurrencies since 2012. If I am a "noob", then what does that make all of you? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114059.msg1232596#msg1232596

Why do I still care? I convinced a lot of family and friends to invest in Bitshares early. I am too embarrassed/stubborn to admit I was wrong about Bitshares, but I am certainly on the verge of doing so. Too much group think, not enough critical think. "Dilution bad", "stagnated development good" ... cave man style thought process.

Research my warnings to Litecoin several years back. I ended up being right... they are a dying coin because they failed to innovate. Ethereum one-upping them is only the first step to the slow death of Litecoin. I see similar things happening with this project... with the greedy community holding innovation and development back in this fast paced ecosystem by screaming bloody murder regarding dilution. The old adage goes.. you need to spend money to make money holds true in the cryptocurrency space. You may be ahead now as far as technology and features, but you don't seem to understand it is paramount to continue development to stay ahead instead of stagnate and fall behind a la Litecoin.

I waste too much time coaching you guys though... I will probably end up giving up like I did on Litecoin. Oh well, I tried. Right? What can you do...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:55:57 am by CoinHoarder »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Here's an idea, how about we focus on attacking ideas instead of each other.
That is fine and all, but that is not CoinHoarder's mission so he will never do this.  He has a relatively new account.
I am not coming to his defense, but I don't understand that statement. His account is only a couple months 'newer' than yours - he registered here 600 days ago.

Again, you lack reading comprehension. I'm not going to waste my time with an imbecile such as yourself.  :-*
CH's (r)

PS
600 days should excuse this? Or does he needs more time? I am truly confused... honestly
...in the total pile of crap from CH..you decided to dedicate yourself on the issue that his account is not SO new??? and forget the statements like the one quoted above..and the fact he has NO stake in BTS.... but nevertheless  you center in on  the difference between account reg. dates by someone who dare state CH's BS is BS????

wow nice!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:48:13 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline mint chocolate chip

That is fine and all, but that is not CoinHoarder's mission so he will never do this.  He has a relatively new account.
I am not coming to his defense, but I don't understand that statement. His account is only a couple months 'newer' than yours - he registered here 600 days ago.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

That is fine and all, but that is not CoinHoarder's mission so he will never do this.  He has a relatively new account. Swears up and down he has no stake in BTS.  Uses similar verbage of trolls past. I'm just pointing this out.  Even this thread, he derailed with nonsense, conflating this with TonyK's idea. You have to scratch yourself on the head and wonder why he cares so much, bringing it up in completely unrelated threads, trying to derail things etc.

NXT's idea was interesting to read and no I don't think they stole BTS's ideas, nor do I think many people in this thread believe as much.  Nor do I think everyone can't see the problems with TonyK's idea, they just don't all explicitly state it. 

Some people around here seem to realize that if you repeat nonsense enough, someone somewhere will start to believe it. That irks me.

Don't worry, I won't muck up this forum with my trolling the trolls. (much) :)

edit - Ok, someone pointed out I am wrong about the account's registration. I thought I remembered his account being summer 2015. It is summer 2014. My mistake.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:33:31 am by gamey »

+5%

Fact is.. ideas are worthless, execution is everything.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

TravelsAsia

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
You guys are delusional. Check the date on the OP compared to the date of Tony's OP. If anything Tony stole the idea from Nxt. They have been discussing similar ideas for a long time now, this is their most recent design.

You stole the English words from whoever invested English   :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

While we are sitting here in a circle jerk arguing about dilution, other people are taken our ideas and running with them.

while we have paid a dear price by dilution to development features , other people can take our ideas and features and finished codes to build their own chain .

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
http://usdplus.co/

they must have stolen that idea from Empiracle.  Now why are we letting the competition take the lead on this one?

oh yeah, I forgot. yield harvesting.

but then again, isn't that the point?

I want to " harvest " some yield too.  Does that make me a bad person?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:02:06 am by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
bla bla bla

Again, you lack reading comprehension. I'm not going to waste my time with an imbecile such as yourself.  :-*

Says the guy who doesn't understand the difference between Bitshares 2.0 and TonyK's idea. 

Everyone be aware of this, when evaluating this guy's opinions.

The more you talk the dumber you look.  ::)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
bla bla bla

Says the guy who doesn't understand the difference between Bitshares 2.0 and TonyK's idea. 

Everyone be aware of this, when evaluating this guy's opinions.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Their idea is for a dual token system to deal with their forging system.  So you have equity in forging.  TonyKs idea was never to create more tokens.  Just make it so you can't trade BTS outside the DEX.  There is little commonality in these ideas..  the fact that you read that into this is quite demonstrative of how out of you are.  You are blinded by your FUD mission. I am not going to spend more time on this post.  You're a fool. I gave up refuting your nonsense after the first few. 

Let me dumb it down for you. No one here suggested they stole TonyKs idea!!!!

Good luck kid, maybe you can diceroll up another 30-50 IQ points and you can make another appearance as him.

It is not my fault that I am capable of conceptualizing the pitfalls to Tonyk's proposal and his forking mission, when the rest of the Bitshares community does not consider them. Just because I am more vocal than others about it does not mean others do not agree with me. Most do not have the balls to say what I say because they would be worried what groupthink idiots such as yourself may think about them.

Dissenting opinions = FUD to sheep such as yourself.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:18:59 am by CoinHoarder »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
You guys are delusional. Check the date on the OP compared to the date of Tony's OP. If anything Tony stole the idea from Nxt. They have been discussing similar ideas for a long time now, this is their most recent design.

You are completely confused and should stop posting until you get it straightened out. 

Which idea would Tonyk have stole?  Who are the "delusional guys" in this thread??

But besides that... TonyK's idea is not "BitShares 2.0 mojo".

In your goal to manipulate/complain/whatever you have completely confused yourself.  Nap it out for a bit, kid. Try again tomorrow. Goodluck.

You mad?

Irritated at your idiocy.
You're definitely an idiot that lacks reading comprehension.

Exhibit A: The thread title is "NXT forks Bitshares 2.0 mojo!" which refers to Nxt forking TonyK's idea (considering the link in the OP).
BitShares 2.0 is TonyK's idea?  Wooah, lemme tell him this one.
Exhibit B: Someone claims NXT stole the idea.
While we are sitting here in a circle jerk arguing about dilution, other people are taken our ideas and running with them.
This has nothing to do with TonyK's idea. Ok.  One guy says they've taken our ideas, but that doesn't equate to 'you guys are delusional.  Everyone takes everyone's ideas here.

Exhibit C: Someone agrees with Exhibit B.
Same procedure as every year ..
At least we wont have much money to spend innovating in future

Exhibit D: I did not accuse Tonyk of stealing the idea, because of the use of "if anything" and the context surrounding those words. Considering those things, that statement doesn't mean "tonyk stole the idea." It means that it is impossible for NXT to have stolen the idea. Let me dumb it down for you... It is impossible for Nxt to have stolen the dual token idea, because their OP was before Tonyk's OP, and I know (since I am a Nxt investor/supporter) that they have been tossing around this idea for a while. If anyone stole the idea (Nxt or Tonyk) it was Tonyk seeing as their idea was published first.

Their idea is for a dual token system to deal with their forging system.  So you have equity in forging.  TonyKs idea was never to create more tokens.  Just make it so you can't trade BTS outside the DEX.  There is little commonality in these ideas..  the fact that you read that into this is quite demonstrative of how out of you are.  You are blinded by your FUD mission. I am not going to spend more time on this post.  You're a fool. I gave up refuting your nonsense after the first few. 

Let me dumb it down for you. No one here suggested they stole TonyKs idea!!!!

Good luck kid, maybe you can diceroll up another 30-50 IQ points and you can make another appearance as him.

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

You are completely confused and should stop posting until you get it straightened out. 

Which idea would Tonyk have stole?  Who are the "delusional guys" in this thread??

In your goal to manipulate/complain/whatever you have completely confused yourself.  Nap it out for a bit, kid. Try again tomorrow. Goodluck.

You mad?

You're definitely an idiot that lacks reading comprehension.

Exhibit A: The thread title is "NXT forks Bitshares 2.0 mojo!" which refers to Nxt forking TonyK's idea (considering the link in the OP).

Exhibit B: Someone claims NXT stole the idea.

Exhibit C: Someone agrees with Exhibit B.

Exhibit D: I did not accuse Tonyk of stealing the idea, because of the use of "if anything" and the context surrounding those words. Considering those things, that statement doesn't mean "tonyk stole the idea." It means that it is impossible for NXT to have stolen the idea. Let me dumb it down for you... It is impossible for Nxt to have stolen the dual token idea, because their OP was before Tonyk's OP, and I know (since I am a Nxt investor/supporter) that they have been tossing around this idea for a while. If anyone stole the idea (Nxt or Tonyk) it was Tonyk seeing as their idea was published first.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:45:31 am by CoinHoarder »

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Although I was a big fan of the toolkit idea, I am not so sure the right stack was chosen for such a thing. I have no idea about 2.0.

NXT however  has the benefit of being a java based project.  Java is very popular.  https://github.com/blog/2047-language-trends-on-github

So NXT has a potentially larger developer base that has been untapped by guys wanting to work on a blockchain project.

This is not to say C++ is bad or anything, but just something to consider why NXT has developers. Really not trying to criticize anyone in this post...

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Shame...

Where does NXT get the money for innovating? They have no dilution right.

Not against diluting for good/profitable development obviously, just slightly ironic/humorous we're attempting to justify dilution for development using a competitor innovating/developing with no dilution :)

IMO the motivation is NXT price increase, and that's the win-win for shareholders and workers.
If a worker declares that he won't get paid until the price doubled, he may get voted in ;)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Shame...

Where does NXT get the money for innovating? They have no dilution right.

Not against diluting for good/profitable development obviously, just slightly ironic/humorous we're attempting to justify dilution for development using a competitor innovating/developing with no dilution :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:30:28 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

TravelsAsia

No secret sauce in open source. We can only hope more 2.0 platforms take off.

Offline betax

• View Profile

Shame...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Pheonike

Offline Tuck Fheman

Here ya go ...

"What we propose is a significant architectural change"

;)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline chono

• View Profile
Weibo:Will_BTS