Author Topic: NXT forks BitShares 2.O mojo! goes for scalability  (Read 15740 times)

Offline ivglavas

• View Profile
And i do have some problems with cutting my messages on half or maybe more here in forum..

Offline ivglavas

• View Profile
Great to have that kind of feedback. Thank you guys! Hope no one got offended

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
One of my largest peeves on this forum has been people taking the statements of a single person and extrapolating it to the whole community.  Repeatedly.  Some manage to take this even further ...

Yes, truly. Grow some thicker skin, people. It will serve you well. There are many, many people using BitShares, more every day. One dumb comment doesn't mean a damn thing.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

HI guys. I am new here because I found bitshares in August last year and invested two months ago (almost all of my savings in bts). Bts is one of best projects I ever saw (ex stock exchange employee, now just sniffing and investing in crypto). Must say that community is full of hate and it is the ONLY thing that pulls you down. Here in forum you sound like a bunch of 15 year old guys on a half time, having 2:0 score and arguing was there a penalty possibility in 42nd minute or not. Can you just swallow your pride, engage "not giving a fuck mode" and kick some ass again? Go grab a beer and enjoy this beautiful project. None of you is fault, every single one contributed abnormaly in development and there is so big perspective in this that I really cannot belive with my eyes.
Good luck to you with my hope that you will understand what I am saying here.. You are the best!

I got a fortune cookie today... this was it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCOir75TMWE/?taken-by=jonathan.bahai

Prosperity makes friends;
Adversity tries them.

That is largely the situation in Bitshares today... and we have more than our fair share of fair-weather friends who have come and gone. By that I don't mean they are not here. They have gone (sold their stake), but they stick around here just because they cannot find the same kind of community; even though they are not really true supporters anymore. They are here generally to keep on justifying their decision to leave to themselves and try to get others.. because misery loves company.

Those still in the thick though tend to feel really frustrated as mentioned because like you.. they know how awesome this project is but is sorely under valued.. especially if they are losing.

You're post was a nice breath of fresh air though.. thank you! :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
One of my largest peeves on this forum has been people taking the statements of a single person and extrapolating it to the whole community.  Repeatedly.  Some manage to take this even further ...
True .. and I think I played a role here as well ..

The whole situation recently made me learn new things about myself and I appreciate that!

Let's get over it, grab the stones people have thrown into our ways and use it build a better tomorrow!

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Regardless, it would appear that the bickering brought ivglavas to sign up, as their first post was in this thread. So I'm feeling slightly redeemed.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline ivglavas

• View Profile
That comes in time. Like Mike got crazy in BTC community, that way anyone can just snap and leave :)
It is not sth bad, it can sometimes be very good thing to do to clear your mind and get back even stronger

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
HI guys. I am new here because I found bitshares in August last year and invested two months ago (almost all of my savings in bts). Bts is one of best projects I ever saw (ex stock exchange employee, now just sniffing and investing in crypto). Must say that community is full of hate and it is the ONLY thing that pulls you down. Here in forum you sound like a bunch of 15 year old guys on a half time, having 2:0 score and arguing was there a penalty possibility in 42nd minute or not. Can you just swallow your pride, engage "not giving a fuck mode" and kick some ass again? Go grab a beer and enjoy this beautiful project. None of you is fault, every single one contributed abnormaly in development and there is so big perspective in this that I really cannot belive with my eyes.
Good luck to you with my hope that you will understand what I am saying here.. You are the best!
It totally agree but it hasn't always been that way ... I believe that many are are angry because they have lost quite some money and picked the wrong investment ..
I am still here for the long term and try to be as optimistic as usual even though some members are making it hard .. then on the other hand .. some other members that have been very pessimistic disappeared entirely or started contributing some serious stuff!

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
+5%

Offline ivglavas

• View Profile

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
There really is no need to fling dirt at each other. So many of us have felt like we understand what's going on with this technology and the best way to build it out, to survive and grow these networks and to bring their utility to a broader market. If we're honest, we all need to eat some humble pie and realise no-one has been right all the time, no-one has no skin in the game. That is why the only thing that makes sense is to take a long term view of success or failure and, assuming you believe in the technology as a whole, keep working at it. Innovation is critical. Finding the means of funding development and support is critical and by hook or by crook, we'll find a way. Its that or someone in the future will take what has been built and start again.  The question is, can everyone currently in this community pull together enough to enable BitShares to survive? I believe we can. That is in no small part to the abilities and dedication of the team around Bytemaster. It's not the price or market cap that dictates the success or failure of BitShares, it is the integrity of the vision and the dedication of the community to working through the difficulties to get there. if we do, everybody wins. Everybody.

Offline Tuck Fheman

Reading the thread it seems like some holders and developers are leaving. jl777 is one of them.

BlueMeanie needs a towel I bet.  :P
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline MarkoPaasila

Reading the thread it seems like some holders and developers are leaving. jl777 is one of them. Here's his farewell post https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=10828.msg210601#msg210601

Many also seem to be worried about a bloated blockchain, restrictions of java and eventual slowness of the relational database.

Just a few observations

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
Meh, I'm not done here.

The funny thing is.... you guys are "smart enough to know Litecoin was dying wayyyyy before I did," but you're not smart enough to see that Bitshares is dying. Now, THAT is funny.

BTW, I never said you were new to crypto.  I said your account was "relatively new" (IIRC) but did not check my memory was shown to be wrong. I made a correction in that post.

Who is deluded here?  Really?  ...  No one here said they knew LTC was dying before you, just that it isn't some brilliant insight into CCs.  Why do you think people want to fork and try TonyK's idea?  It isn't because they think BitShares is going to the moon.  Again... your thoughts are so inconsistent.  It makes it hard to listen to you, because you never put forth ideas..  just ALL over the map. It is always nonsense like the above.

lol... I have posted a ton of ideas over the years. You clowns disregard them. That is not my fault.

Forking Bitshares is not a solution to the problem. It is another step towards death.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Meh, I'm not done here.

The funny thing is.... you guys are "smart enough to know Litecoin was dying wayyyyy before I did," but you're not smart enough to see that Bitshares is dying. Now, THAT is funny.

BTW, I never said you were new to crypto.  I said your account was "relatively new" (IIRC) but did not check my memory was shown to be wrong. I made a correction in that post.

Who is deluded here?  Really?  ...  No one here said they knew LTC was dying before you, just that it isn't some brilliant insight into CCs.  Why do you think people want to fork and try TonyK's idea?  It isn't because they think BitShares is going to the moon.  Again... your thoughts are so inconsistent.  It makes it hard to listen to you, because you never put forth ideas..  just ALL over the map. It is always nonsense like the above.

edit - wait maybe Tuck said he knew before.. whatever..  I don't care.. the point is, you turn that into "you guys".  You take any statement of one person and then turn it into some plural.  Over and over. Stick with facts and what people say.  Don't be afraid to admit you were wrong about something instead of floundering about all over the internet trying to show you were right about something.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:19:03 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.