Author Topic: Does anyone has an opinion to Lisk?  (Read 17911 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
they have a far better PR then BTS, so i think they have more potential. The incentives for the core team and for the investors are
the same, because the core team are holding a lot of LISK. It will be fun to see in the future.

Yes.  Right now, LISK looks a lot like BTS, but without the negativity, without the bad PR, and with millions of dollars of funding to pay devs. 
If BTS had had millions of dollars more funding to pay the dev team for several year, it probably wouldnt have run into many of the problems it did.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Lisk is definitely more fun than BTS right now, thats for sure.
blood .. street .. your own ..
anyone?

Heard it a million times.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
they have a far better PR then BTS, so i think they have more potential. The incentives for the core team and for the investors are
the same, because the core team are holding a lot of LISK. It will be fun to see in the future.

For the start, i think they handled the problems with the DDOS good enough. I think every ICO will have to consider to get DDOSed for the
start, so some people can frontrunner the masses.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
blood .. street .. your own ..
anyone?

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
It will go up from here imo.

Good call Ander. Lisk going crazy. And this time I actually have some myself.  :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
It will go up from here imo.   

tarantulaz

People will remember this though. This was the most crucial moment and they weren't ready. They had nothing ready. Better delay, than fuck up at launch. 50,000 connections were the problem. Well, after all this PR, he didn't know that lots of people would be coming?

When I saw the website I knew it was going to be attacked. 100% sure. I just couldn't find a solution with the rest. Tried the docker, tried linux, tried everything. I was just hoping to get out just below 1$... Now I might not even get the money I put in the ICO...

Offline EstefanTT

It was so poor... Max came out and complained about the DDoS attack, when he didn't have a installer ready...

I am still stuck and can't move my lisk. I just wanted to exist at around 0.0018 and I was so close, but so far....
Same here, it's late now, I give up and will try again tomorow.

The price has fallen hard. I think now we just have to wait until the next rise. I wouldn't be surprise to see higher prices that those we saw today on Polo in the next months if they keep up working as well as they did so far. Everything was nicely done except for the launch.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

tarantulaz

It was so poor... Max came out and complained about the DDoS attack, when he didn't have a installer ready...

I am still stuck and can't move my lisk. I just wanted to exist at around 0.0018 and I was so close, but so far....

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
been very impressed with their business acumen to date.

Well I take that back too after their poor launch.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I am gonna try and get all the facts about lisk in this post :

3900 Participants
14.000 BTC (BTC increased in value so more than 6M USD)
1000 BTC in XCP (XCP recently tripled its price with 80% being held by Lisk)

4 Exchanges offered an IOU.
If Yobit is a scam, but wants to treat its customers right without going bankrupt, it will have to purchase all the
Lisk it promised. Same for Bloombit. Openledger is very trustworthy, but its volume was too small. In case they are not
scams and Yobits volume is real, it will validate the current price, as people will have more trust in it.

The last 4 days Bitcoin started recovering by 2% up and Ethereum started going down by 20%.
If only 0.1% of Bitcoins volume was made in order to by Lisk and about 10% of Ethereums as well, then more than
10M USD are waiting to buy Lisk. Also many more people might sell their altcoins or buy bitcoin, to buy Lisk soon.

Given the recent success of Ethereum that went above 1B$, whose price increased a lot and has to do with smart contracts,
I would expect Lisk to have gone up because of that as well. Also don't forget that Lisk is include by Microsoft's Azure.

About 83-90M Lisk will be available to be traded not 100M, as some of them were not included in the crowdfunding
but also some people haven't validated their passphrases.

The DAO, Waves, Mycelium and other minor crowdfunding campaigns might pose as competitors (at least 'moneywise'),
as they took money that could potentially go to Lisk. However, they might have also created a positive buzz.
That's because their campaign's started after Lisk's and it was because of Lisk's success that they managed
to get the much money.

Poloniex will be one of the first exchanges and that is very significant, as most coins that have gotten into Poloniex
recently like Decred and Voxel etc were pumped. If Chinese exchanges include lisk as well, then the price will go even higher.

The PR for Lisk has been pretty good. Even Andreas Antonopoulos tweeted about it. There was a recent PR article
that claimed that Lisk's market cap is 250M. The general sentiment is well above 0.5$/Lisk

Now here is a list of many successful crowdfunding campaigns and their initial launch
These values are just estimates of the value increase in the first few days/months
compared to the money earned before the launch.
Ether 3-4x
NXT 2000x
BTS 2-10x
NEM 60x
Omni 20x
Maid 1-4x
Digix 2-5x
Factom 1-30x
Obits 2x
Bitcryst 10x
Supernet 2-3x
Storj 1-5x
Safe Exchange 10-20x
Neucoin 2-3x
Augur 2-25x

From the current IOU prices, I can see that 0.9$ is a very possible price, plus minus 0.1$ (as a bottom).
Then we could be heading even higher from there. Then I would say the top would be 2.5$

thanks for your analyzes!

tarantulaz

I am gonna try and get all the facts about lisk in this post :

3900 Participants
14.000 BTC (BTC increased in value so more than 6M USD)
1000 BTC in XCP (XCP recently tripled its price with 80% being held by Lisk)

4 Exchanges offered an IOU.
If Yobit is a scam, but wants to treat its customers right without going bankrupt, it will have to purchase all the
Lisk it promised. Same for Bloombit. Openledger is very trustworthy, but its volume was too small. In case they are not
scams and Yobits volume is real, it will validate the current price, as people will have more trust in it.

The last 4 days Bitcoin started recovering by 2% up and Ethereum started going down by 20%.
If only 0.1% of Bitcoins volume was made in order to by Lisk and about 10% of Ethereums as well, then more than
10M USD are waiting to buy Lisk. Also many more people might sell their altcoins or buy bitcoin, to buy Lisk soon.

Given the recent success of Ethereum that went above 1B$, whose price increased a lot and has to do with smart contracts,
I would expect Lisk to have gone up because of that as well. Also don't forget that Lisk is include by Microsoft's Azure.

About 83-90M Lisk will be available to be traded not 100M, as some of them were not included in the crowdfunding
but also some people haven't validated their passphrases.

The DAO, Waves, Mycelium and other minor crowdfunding campaigns might pose as competitors (at least 'moneywise'),
as they took money that could potentially go to Lisk. However, they might have also created a positive buzz.
That's because their campaign's started after Lisk's and it was because of Lisk's success that they managed
to get the much money.

Poloniex will be one of the first exchanges and that is very significant, as most coins that have gotten into Poloniex
recently like Decred and Voxel etc were pumped. If Chinese exchanges include lisk as well, then the price will go even higher.

The PR for Lisk has been pretty good. Even Andreas Antonopoulos tweeted about it. There was a recent PR article
that claimed that Lisk's market cap is 250M. The general sentiment is well above 0.5$/Lisk

Now here is a list of many successful crowdfunding campaigns and their initial launch
These values are just estimates of the value increase in the first few days/months
compared to the money earned before the launch.
Ether 3-4x
NXT 2000x
BTS 2-10x
NEM 60x
Omni 20x
Maid 1-4x
Digix 2-5x
Factom 1-30x
Obits 2x
Bitcryst 10x
Supernet 2-3x
Storj 1-5x
Safe Exchange 10-20x
Neucoin 2-3x
Augur 2-25x

From the current IOU prices, I can see that 0.9$ is a very possible price, plus minus 0.1$ (as a bottom).
Then we could be heading even higher from there. Then I would say the top would be 2.5$

Offline EstefanTT

Isn't it weird this increasing price ? Is there a remote possibility that lisk conserve its current price price after release ?
Unlikely volumes are very low.

I take that back. I see LISK will be trading on Poloniex from the outset. Should still fall from pre-launch prices but could trade much higher than I initially anticipated.

Besides getting on there, also great move announcing it only recently, been very impressed with their business acumen to date.
Very professional in all aspect until now indeed !

I guess the price will drop probably between 0.5 and 1$. If I can sell some at higher prices, I will definitively consider buying back some below 0.5$.

I'm not a trader, it's pure noob speculation. Any advice is welcome !

I don't really know. I see it settling above $0.5 too, so I doubt I will sell below there if it dumps initially and will probably also buy back in some at below that level.

I think a lot of people have the same idea though and considering the capital sloshing around on Polo I think it could surprise to the upside.
Well, in anyway it will be a lot of fun to watch
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Isn't it weird this increasing price ? Is there a remote possibility that lisk conserve its current price price after release ?
Unlikely volumes are very low.

I take that back. I see LISK will be trading on Poloniex from the outset. Should still fall from pre-launch prices but could trade much higher than I initially anticipated.

Besides getting on there, also great move announcing it only recently, been very impressed with their business acumen to date.
Very professional in all aspect until now indeed !

I guess the price will drop probably between 0.5 and 1$. If I can sell some at higher prices, I will definitively consider buying back some below 0.5$.

I'm not a trader, it's pure noob speculation. Any advice is welcome !

I don't really know. I see it settling above $0.5 too, so I doubt I will sell below there if it dumps initially and will probably also buy back in some at below that level.

I think a lot of people have the same idea though and considering the capital sloshing around on Polo I think it could surprise to the upside.
If you want to take the island burn the boats