Author Topic: Account opening issues  (Read 2619 times)

Offline svk

Deposit-withdrawal is only for using gateways like Metaexchange, they let you deposit BTC and receive METAEX.BTC in your Bitshares account for example.

If you're only looking to transfer BTS from say Poloniex, all you need to do is send it to your account name from the Poloniex withdrawal page. Always test with a small amount first.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline scriptio

P.S. I downloaded the bitshares app on my phone and that appears to be working just fine.

Offline scriptio

I hold the private keys. Tried typing in the address directly as you suggested and all it shows is

USD   Click here to register for deposits   0 OPEN.USD   Click here to register for withdrawals
EUR   Click here to register for deposits   0 OPEN.EUR   Click here to register for withdrawals
CNY   Click here to register for deposits   0 OPEN.CNY   Click here to register for withdrawals

Without the deposit/withdrawal, how can I arrange to make transfers?

Are you able to make transfers with this account? Because the only reason this tab is hidden is if you do not control the private keys for the account you're viewing, in other words: it's not your account. It could be a case of using the wrong wallet like Bhuz said.

On the overview page, is the account in question in a different color (blue)? That indicates it's your account, same goes on the account page: if you control the private keys, the account name is in blue.

You could also just go to the deposit withdraw page by typing the address directly: replace /overview by /deposit-withdraw at the end of the URL.

Offline svk

Are you able to make transfers with this account? Because the only reason this tab is hidden is if you do not control the private keys for the account you're viewing, in other words: it's not your account. It could be a case of using the wrong wallet like Bhuz said.

On the overview page, is the account in question in a different color (blue)? That indicates it's your account, same goes on the account page: if you control the private keys, the account name is in blue.

You could also just go to the deposit withdraw page by typing the address directly: replace /overview by /deposit-withdraw at the end of the URL.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline scriptio

It is my own account and it is unlocked and I have the private keys. I am unable to attach a screen shot of my wallet to this post as it appears that I require the administrator's permission. Can anyone who has the privilege help me post the screen shot on this thread? Will require an email address then.
Tried my options above?

Sent you a private message. Hope you are able to figure this mystery out.

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
It is my own account and it is unlocked and I have the private keys. I am unable to attach a screen shot of my wallet to this post as it appears that I require the administrator's permission. Can anyone who has the privilege help me post the screen shot on this thread? Will require an email address then.
Tried my options above?

Offline scriptio

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@scriptio
make sure you have opened YOUR account and not someone else's account.
Pleas click on either "Account" or "Overview" in the top navigation bar!

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz
I created an account on openledger.info but I do not see the "Deposit / Withdraw" option on the left side menu below the Open Orders. All I see is "White list". Followed through the tutorials exactly but still these options do not show up.  Tried the same on two computers with two different accounts without any luck. Any tips on what is wrong or what is it that I have not done rightly. Thanks.

It seems like you don't own that account (you don't have the private key)

Did you create more than one wallet maybe? Can you check if in settings -> wallet management console, you have the option "change wallet"?
If so, try to change the active wallet.

Did you do a backup after creating your account? (downloaded a .bin file)
If so, try to restore that one with the "restore backup" option

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I created an account on openledger.info but I do not see the "Deposit / Withdraw" option on the left side menu below the Open Orders. All I see is "White list". Followed through the tutorials exactly but still these options do not show up.  Tried the same on two computers with two different accounts without any luck. Any tips on what is wrong or what is it that I have not done rightly. Thanks.

You should be seeing the Deposit/Withdraw tab right below the Whitelist tab.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline scriptio