Author Topic: Any superb article about bitshares for general public?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Maybe this: http://whatarebitshares.com/ ?

Thing with BitShares is that there are SOOOO MANY paradigm shifts available:
- The interpretation as a DAC
- The implications from decentralized exchange of assets
- The possibilities for P2P crowdfunding and investing
- The fact that you own an account in a decentralized ledger
- MAS
- FBA and the implications for the DAC as being a super mal for sub businesses
- Blockchain based voting for shareholders!
- being #paidbyprotocol
- and many many more ..

It is really really difficult to put all of this in just a few pages ..

great video, thanks...just tweeted out to the world. Hopefully my tweet sparks a massive flood of hedge fund money into the DEX :)

Offline MarkoPaasila

Good idea. What should the focus of the article(s) be?

I would like it to be written with the people in mind who have only heard about bitcoin (or maybe not), but never actually gotten interested enough to find out what all the noise is about, so it shouldn't be assumed that the reader understands any bitcoin jargon. Most people have the perception that bitcoin is just some fraud or anarchist/hipster thing, so mentioning bitcoin might as well be avoided. The group of people who understand bitcoin already have heard about bitshares, and we don't have a chance to make a first impression any more, but a potential audience could be people willing to own a part of the next big thing, and earning an unreasonable return on the investment. It would be awesome if we could wake their interest and use bitshares as a gateway into cryptocurrencies.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

Imagine that you hadn't never heard about Bitshares. How you would like it to be explained to you, so that you understand it easily?

Offline EstefanTT

My english is not very good so I wouldn't even dream about writing such thing but if this article is created, I would translate it in french and add it to the BitShares French ConneXion web site. As everyone here, we are struggling to find the way to explain BTS with simple words to non crypto guys ;)
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
You are absolutely right that there is missing quality content of Bitshares for laymans. I've been thinking this lately and if the rate limited free transactions proposal passes, it's good time to put some effort on marketing. I have already some plans, I'll wrote more about them next weekend if I have time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Maybe this: http://whatarebitshares.com/ ?

Thing with BitShares is that there are SOOOO MANY paradigm shifts available:
- The interpretation as a DAC
- The implications from decentralized exchange of assets
- The possibilities for P2P crowdfunding and investing
- The fact that you own an account in a decentralized ledger
- MAS
- FBA and the implications for the DAC as being a super mal for sub businesses
- Blockchain based voting for shareholders!
- being #paidbyprotocol
- and many many more ..

It is really really difficult to put all of this in just a few pages ..

Offline MarkoPaasila

I'm trying to find some good article about the huge potential cryptocurrencies have explained in layman terms together with a story or few to make the point. Even better if it was specifically about bitshares  :). You know what I mean; it's hard to get people grasp what a paradigm shift is coming, and that they can take advantage of it. If you just start a 2h monologue, you just put them off.

I tried to find a good article, but failed. Most of them are for people already inside the cryptosphere. Does anyone know of any?

If not, is there someone here capable of writing one? I could sell 100€ worth of my ETH and pay for one in BTS. I think it would be beneficial to have such an article as a tool to get people interested - and in bitshares first! An article that would make people believe that it's impossible for bitshares not to become massive and beat lots of current big names, because it's so frictionless and fast and what not. It should make people see the possibility of owning a share of the next Paypal and VISA.