Author Topic: Remove Partners Sections from Home  (Read 19933 times)

Offline Pheonike

If they are not updating in the forum then they don't need a forum section. Just slap their logo on the bitshares.org homepage and be done. Also who decides when someone becomes a partner? What is the criteria?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

ok guys .. i was thinking it was appreciated .. so then pls get this issue discussed .. if wanted i can revert it .. but tbh ...i'm also thinking most of our "partners" are not updating etc .. and when new users visiting our forums and noticing directly 3-4 partner in this section are completely out of date..  i'm begin think this isn't the best promotion for the ecosystem IMO ...my 2 cents

The problem is that expectation that partners are supposed to update. This being a forum and all... perhaps the reason you don't see a lot of updates is because of the often negative teeth nashing they sometimes take. Some of it deserved, some of it isn't. Nonetheless... are there guidelines somewhere about this requirement? I never saw them if there are.

Most partner sections are simply a link with logo to company page and/or a small write-up.

I have never been asked, nor have I asked partners to my companies to give updates or be removed from mention from our websites.

I'm just making it clear from a business development perspective this is two steps back. There is no need to waiver @cass. It is after all a forum poll, not a stakeholders vote.

Good luck to the 'community' in making a case that you are attractive to businesses as a platform when the actions taken today are to devalue them in the one communication channel we got.

You get what you ask for.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:42:32 pm by BunkerChain Labs »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
ok guys .. i was thinking it was appreciated .. so then pls get this issue discussed .. if wanted i can revert it .. but tbh ...i'm also thinking most of our "partners" are not updating etc .. and when new users visiting our forums and noticing directly 3-4 partner in this section are completely out of date..  i'm begin think this isn't the best promotion for the ecosystem IMO ...my 2 cents
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Ethereum partners up with businesses and appears to be a platform to develop with.. that message is out there.. they showcase it in their content constantly...

What do a handful of forum goers do? Have forum polls to make sure nobody who is a supporter of bitshares is ever seen or heard in the one small communication channel (the forum) that bitshares has.

Not a plan for winning.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline btswolf

Please rename the Partners section to something like "Third Party Projects" and make it a main Sub under BitShares.

It is not reasonable to promote third party projects at a prominent place, especially if they are inactive, have slow progress or are just shady.
We still have those projects without any criteria one the front page at prominent place.
How many Third Party Projects do fit on the front page?
Make it a sub/child section or every blog including my should get listed at prominent place as third party project.

So community has spoken. Who will execute the task?

Did you look? It was done the other day after a little over a handful of votes came in.

Someone decided that was good enough.

A handful of votes constitutes the 'community' I suppose.

Congrates... Bitshares now is the only blockchain project with no partners.

Mission accomplished!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswolf

So community has spoken. Who will execute the task?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If someone is just using the platform for their own business then they are not a partner, they are a client. If they are giving resources in form of code development and/or money that goes to platform as a whole and not just their project in particular then they can get consideration for "Partner" status. Anything less than that is just a user/client of the platform.
We need to be a little more careful here IMHO.
BitShares is a SuperDAC that can house partners, 3-rd party projects and customers.
 - A business running their IPO in BitShares is probably just a customer as is a business listing their stock!
 - OpenLedger should probably be listed as a 3rd party project that builds on top of BitShares
 - while STEALTH and any future FBA is probably more like a partnership where they use our infrastructure to host their smart contracts/featres/innovations.

</IMHO>

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline Pheonike

If someone is just using the platform for their own business then they are not a partner, they are a client. If they are giving resources in form of code development and/or money that goes to platform as a whole and not just their project in particular then they can get consideration for "Partner" status. Anything less than that is just a user/client of the platform.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares