Author Topic: 1st Liquidity Event - Retrospection Thread.  (Read 4734 times)

Offline fuzzy

As for the action points, Ill also donate copper and silver tickets to thise who help. :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

Im glad we are learning and TRYING.
Im glad there was participation from the start because they will tend to be the ones who stick around.

Im sad we i didnt know enough about it with enough notice to help :/

I would say from experience, it is good to do it multiple times, at the same time of day, every week for a specified period of time. And give a good time period for notice. 

For 1 silverticket (100 coppertickets) you can get a 30 second ad sponsorship mentioned at the end of a hangout.  And anyone can promote your project in this way...so it doesnt even have to be you. :)
Also, we can hold hangouts if given notice.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:33:12 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline mint chocolate chip

I am Glad that @noisy took the time and effort to link to the blog post on Reddit, that link alone brought 25 social clicks to the blog which saw a surge during the past two days of over 100 visits - 30 via internet search engines. Thank you to @cass for the graphic. Past few days resulted in 3 new accounts signed up.

I am Sad that @Samupaha  who has never referred a user that made a single transaction thinks the 70+ blog posts lack relevancy, are full of uninteresting content and offer little value to readers.

I am Mad that Coinmarketcap did not accurately reflect the volume for those assets like I thought it was going to.

Offline noisy

On Feb 29th the first Bithsares Liquidity Event took place.

I decided to create that thread, because I am an enthusiast of Agile Development what means... that I prefer develop things in small steps, next gather feedback to perform better in next iteration.

Personally I think, that 1st Liquidity Event can be considered as Minimum Viable Product which proved that we as a community can organize such things.

In the other hand, this event for sure was not perfect. We should think about what went wrong... and what went well.

That's why am asking you for feedback. Let's use a "MADs, SADs, GLADs" convention:

The goal of this thread is to define Action Points (AP) which will be applied in next iterations... in 2nd, 3rd, etc. Liquidity Events.

So... let me start:

I am GLAD that whole event was not a total failure :P
I am GLAD that many people participated in that event
I am GLAD that LE was unexpectedly amazingly promoted via TheDailyDecrypt (LE was mentioned in 5 episodes - details) - Thank you Amanda @TheDailyDecrypt
I am GLAD that there are people who cares about future of bitshares like @onceuponatime and @ccedk who funded 4 weeks of TheDailyDecrypt sponsorship from own pocket, and @JonnyBitcoin who helped coordinate that
I am GLAD that we still have liquidity on https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/market/BTC_USD !!! :)

I am SAD that so little people twitted about LE, or upvoted an information about LE on https://www.reddit.com/r/bitshares/
I am SAD that I was forced to prepare LE poster by myself... because no one prepared anything before scheduled deadline (14 Feb)... even despite the fact that I have planned to donate 5000 BTS for that, plus @onceuponatime wanted donate 4000 BTS. To be honest... I am still in shock that no one decide send anything.
I am SAD that I was confused... because on 21 Feb (after deadline, and after my poster was already send to Amanda) @cass also prepared amazing graphics. However because that was already after scheduled deadline and because I already prepared and publish myself, I didn't sent him anything. I have now some mixed feelings :(
I am SAD that I didn't know where else we should send information about LE (I had a problem to find a proper list of blogs and contacts to authors)

I am MAD at myself... because I should be better prepared from technical point of view for hangout which took place on 02-19... because when people asked about Liquidity Event details, then I started talking... and then... I lost my Internet connection (facepalm)... BTW... I realised that after... 3-4 minutes of my monolog :D
I am MAD at myself... because I had a plan to prepare some kind of instruction for newbies how to trade or borrow BTC/USD. I have started working on this... but I started too late, and I realised that I will not be able to finish that on time. It would be better if I just prepared some text instruction at least.

My thoughs and proposition of Action Points:

- Sponsorship of DailyDecrypt or similar media should not be made from private pockets. We have mechanism of worker proposals for that. And it would be great to have some kind of similar exposure to any media during next LE. Should we always ask onceuponatime or ccedk for money? No!

AP: for next LE prepare a Worker Proposal, to ask for some small amount of money for promotion.
- Who can take care about that next time? Personally I don't know how to create such worker proposal.

AP: Prepare text or video tutorial for newbies how to participate in next event
- this same here... any volunteer?

AP: We should collaborate and create list of email addresses to various authors of blogs, to which we could send some brief information with small media pack (posters, logos, etc)
- I guess.. this list should not be public, because then it will become a spam list. Any idea how we could prepare that?
Take a look on: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,19625.msg251894.html - I have a crazy idea - lets convince cryptonomex developers to use livecoding.tv