Author Topic: Current Best Options For Securing A BTS Wallet?  (Read 2662 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

Would be nice if we could have a trezor-like solution for bitshares yeah, especially for people like me with memory-problems. About the cold-storage with proxy voting, how would that work? Is there a wiki-page for it?

If I am not wrong, xeroc was working on a cold wallet solution.  @xeroc, how is it going?
I do have these: https://github.com/xeroc/jshares
You can print them and set your public keys to those paper wallet keys ..

For offline signing .. I need a little more time .. but the biggest part of constructing and signing transactions in python is now complete

Great!

I am looking forward to a more secure offline transaction.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Would be nice if we could have a trezor-like solution for bitshares yeah, especially for people like me with memory-problems. About the cold-storage with proxy voting, how would that work? Is there a wiki-page for it?

If I am not wrong, xeroc was working on a cold wallet solution.  @xeroc, how is it going?
I do have these: https://github.com/xeroc/jshares
You can print them and set your public keys to those paper wallet keys ..

For offline signing .. I need a little more time .. but the biggest part of constructing and signing transactions in python is now complete

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline JoeyD

also, if you want to store your BTS in cold storage, make sure to delegate your voting power to a proxy

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
you can add another active key and program a hardware wallet for it .. but there is no hardware wallet that is capable of constructing and signing BTS transactions yet ..

also, if you want to store your BTS in cold storage, make sure to delegate your voting power to a proxy

Offline Sage

• View Profile
Ideally I would like to setup a multi-sig wallet, where 1 of the signatures is from a hardware wallet.

Is anything like this possible now?

If not, what are the best options for securing a BTS wallet?