Author Topic: Keyhotee "migrate ID" feature? Keyhotee "derived key" IDs?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I would be interested in offline master key support also.  If that's not an option, a migrate transaction would be good also.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Thought 1:
Suppose you're worried that your private key could be compromised, but that nobody would realistically try it in the near future. For example, if you have to take your computer in for repairs and then remember your key was saved on the HD, or you learn that the computer you originally generated it on had a backdoor in the RNG, or you discovered you had a trojan but it's not clear if it went after your keyhotee private keys.

Are these cases common enough to add a "migrate ID" feature? Basically you "send" your identity to a new public key, but with a much longer wait period than the ID revocation period. That way nobody could use it to steal your ID (if you see someone trying to migrate your ID, you revoke it), but you can use it if you don't feel safe.

Thought 2:
What if I could generate my keyhotee ID offline, and then use derived keys (also generated offline but manually entered into an online computer) to sign for my identity? Then I could revoke a derived key but still keep my original identity.

Basically I'm really protective of my founder ID =P
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.