Author Topic: Change "TRADE" & "TRANSFER" to "EXCHANGE" & "SEND"  (Read 5212 times)

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I would prefer Transfer instead of Send as it is in the latest version.

Likewise, Trade looks better than Exchange to me.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
And finally, I don't understand why @CLains is so hung up on having 3 main menu items vs. 4.  It's only a slight improvement.

We need to put it up for a vote if we want to find out if it's a slight or major improvement (3>4). In the other thread I concluded it was just me, because both you and svk went against my suggestion. Here however it seems several people also have the impression that there's too much information with a fourth "explorer" bar. I just think we need lots of eyes on this and feedback from as many people as we can. The ultimate judge is user-friendliness, not logical structure.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
Recent Activity should stay where it is now, at the top.
Move Overview section down a bit.
Insert the 7 Explore tiles right there above where Overview was sitting.
Remove the Explore link from the main menu.
Now, there are less clicks to get to what you might want to explore.

I don't recognize the wallet version in the screenshot below.  In the version I have, there's really no good place to put the Explore tiles under Dashboard.  Besides that, I can't imagine so many people are constantly going back and forth between Dashboard and Explore that it's so critical to save a click.  And what about people going from Exchange to Explore?  Should we make it so they can save a click too? 

And finally, I don't understand why @CLains is so hung up on having 3 main menu items vs. 4.  It's only a slight improvement.  But more importantly, the price tag is too heavy considering it requires jam packing the Dashboard with way too much functionality, and such dissimilar functionality at that.   It doesn't make sense.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Recent Activity should stay where it is now, at the top.
Move Overview section down a bit.
Insert the 7 Explore tiles right there above where Overview was sitting.
Remove the Explore link from the main menu.
Now, there are less clicks to get to what you might want to explore.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline tbone

• View Profile
As for moving the explore icons onto the dashboard, there is negligible upside (if any at all). 

The feeling is that giving people three choices is a lot better than giving them four.

Perhaps.  But not at all costs.  The cost/benefit of this is extremely unfavorable.   

Offline CLains

• View Profile
As for moving the explore icons onto the dashboard, there is negligible upside (if any at all). 

The feeling is that giving people three choices is a lot better than giving them four.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
I agree that "Send" is much better than "Transfer".  As for "Trade" vs "Exchange", there are some good reasons to use "Trade" (it's shorter, and this is a trading UI, after all).  On the other hand, DEX is short for decentralized exchange, so perhaps using "Exchange" makes more sense.  Not sure it matters very much either way.

As for moving the explore icons onto the dashboard, there is negligible upside (if any at all).  But there is plenty of downside.  First of all, it pushes all of the account information down the page, and some of it OFF the page.  Not good.  To me, that alone is a non-starter.   

Also, under Account (or Dashboard if you have multiple accounts), you find all of the information/settings specific to your account(s).  Explore is totally different in that its a way to search the different types of objects that exist in the system.  The logical separation between this and your account info/settings makes complete sense.  Mashing them together will only muddy the waters and cause confusion.  In fact, people are already sensing this confusion and are now suggesting we remove some of the explore icons.  But each object should have its own icon so people know what system objects exist and can be searched to begin with.  Let's please not start muddying the waters like this.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Maybe a universal Search Button would be even better. then we could get rid of the assets & accounts buttons
Type in what you want and it lists you all assets, accounts, transactions etc. that match in an easy and readable way.

Great idea! Can you please make a thread about that so in plain english all cultures can picture what you are envisioning?
I love it!
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline btswolf

Maybe a universal Search Button would be even better. then we could get rid of the assets & accounts buttons
Type in what you want and it lists you all assets, accounts, transactions etc. that match in an easy and readable way.

Offline Pheonike

Looks good, but I am not sure about the assets and accounts button. It seems they add a bit confusion between meaning my assets/accounts versus the global assets/accounts Not sure where to move them to or under.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@btswolf - I love it!

Put the explore stuff right there at the top of the dashboard. Then accounts and recent activity below that. so we will have the navigational arrows top left corner, then dashboard, exchange and send.

nice and clean and less clicks too, beautiful! :)

edit: actually, just move the accounts Overview down so the 7 Explore tiles can fit just above there. Then, the Recent Activity can stay where it is, stretching from the top of the window to the bottom, as it is now.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 04:43:32 pm by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline testz

Trade -> Exchange
Transfer -> Send
Explorer -> Dashboard (put Explorer tools on top of the Dashboard)

+5%

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Trade -> Exchange
Transfer -> Send

+5% +5%
'

+5% I suggested this as well

One quick suggestion I would have is merge "dashboard" and "explore" - both of those screens are navigational. Second, I suggest relabel "trade" "Exchange" or "Market." That way there would be three buttons instead of four, "Dashboard" -"Exchange" - "Transfer".

tbone had some objections, and svk mostly agreed: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21612.msg281819.html#msg281819

I also prefer "send" to "transfer." We need input from more people.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 10:19:12 pm by CLains »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
btw @btswolf you tried to cover your account name for privacy, but you missed the lower end up the picture. Your account name can be seen and then all you tried to cover can be tracked, you might want to edit that.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
Trade -> Exchange
Transfer -> Send

+5% +5%
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
I agree, "Trade" should be replaced by "Exchange". It always felt strange the word "Trade". Like svk said, "Dex" is a bad word.

agree this shouod be the way, looks good  +5% +5%
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I agree, "Trade" should be replaced by "Exchange". It always felt strange the word "Trade". Like svk said, "Dex" is a bad word.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline btswolf

Trade -> Exchange
Transfer -> Send

Offline svk

Disagree about DEX,  it's a terrible word that no one outside of this forum knows.. Send I suppose we could use though.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
RE: https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/issues/761

I am not a Trader, and sometimes in my old age (nearing age 50) looking up there at the menu across the top and I see "TRADE" and "TRANSFER" (especially having the same first letter), I think it would be better #1 for brand recognition if we use the word EXCHANGE instead of TRADE, and #2 use SEND instead of the word TRANSFER.

Everybody knows what Send and Receive means (we use those terms in our POS and mobile wallets too). Send and Receive are also universally translate-able (into the 44 languages that we have implemented).

DEX is just an awesome word that screams what it is that we are most capable at.

EDIT: i changed the word DEX to EXCHANGE
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 06:49:43 pm by kenCode »
www.PalmPay.chat