Author Topic: Let's try to get @bitshares on twitter  (Read 16577 times)

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Max Keiser is now following @bitshares   on twitter

Would be great to see startcoin natively migrate to the bitshares blockchain.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 08:44:17 am by JonnyBitcoin »
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline svk

If the worker doesn't get voted in I'll keep it and monetise it myself but it's obvious to most it would be better controlled by the comittee or cryptonomex.

I don't think that committee members should be required to take any part in marketing. Their job is to set blockchain parameters and that's enough for a nonpaid work.

Also Cryptonomex seems to be uninterested in marketing so accounts might be left underused if they are given to them.

Right now the best option might be that you'll gather a group of people who are interested and can post relevant stuff every now and then. I use Facebook quite regularly so I can be admin there if needed.

Maybe you could first ask donations to cover you expenses before you make the worker proposal? All donations you collect makes the worker less expensive so it gets voted in more easily.

I agree xeroc or crytonomex wouldn't be good at or have the time for marketing.
I'm saying it should be owned by cryptonomex or the committee, but key people who are good at marketing can post from the account so the news is fresh and varied. Yet if one person gets too spam happy the committee will be able to stop it.

message me your facebook details and I'll add you so you can post. Also anyone else who would like to.

Hello @JonnyBitcoin . This seems like perfect timing. We would love the New Money project to have access to the Bitshares accounts. Our project right now is gaining a lot of traction and it would be stellar for those accounts to be promoting a powered by Bitshares project thats actually working currently as we speak. Let me know what we have to do to make that happen. Thanks.

For god sakes.... NO!
You are  really pushed me hard to post a (possibly last post of mine  on this forum)  in your thread.
Agreed, please don't give third parties access to that account.
That also includes ccedk and ol as well as cnx.
bts.org aswell as the twitter handle cant take a position on partners!!
Why not? The more related marketing, the better.
Because not all publicity is good publicity, and this community needs to be more careful about the kinds of projects it associates with and endorses..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Pheonike

If its so important, why doesn't the blockchain want to buy it from him? It has been presumed that its not that important. He owns it and can do with it what his pleases.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
If the worker doesn't get voted in I'll keep it and monetise it myself but it's obvious to most it would be better controlled by the comittee or cryptonomex.

I don't think that committee members should be required to take any part in marketing. Their job is to set blockchain parameters and that's enough for a nonpaid work.

Also Cryptonomex seems to be uninterested in marketing so accounts might be left underused if they are given to them.

Right now the best option might be that you'll gather a group of people who are interested and can post relevant stuff every now and then. I use Facebook quite regularly so I can be admin there if needed.

Maybe you could first ask donations to cover you expenses before you make the worker proposal? All donations you collect makes the worker less expensive so it gets voted in more easily.

I'm saying it should be owned by cryptonomex or the committee, but key people who are good at marketing can post from the account so the news is fresh and varied. Yet if one person gets too spam happy the committee will be able to stop it.

message me your facebook details and I'll add you so you can post. Also anyone else who would like to.

Hello @JonnyBitcoin . This seems like perfect timing. We would love the New Money project to have access to the Bitshares accounts. Our project right now is gaining a lot of traction and it would be stellar for those accounts to be promoting a powered by Bitshares project thats actually working currently as we speak. Let me know what we have to do to make that happen. Thanks.

For god sakes.... NO!
You are  really pushed me hard to post a (possibly last post of mine  on this forum)  in your thread.
Why not? The more related marketing, the better.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

For god sakes.... NO!

Offline svk

For god sakes.... NO!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

For god sakes.... NO!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 04:41:02 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
OK @btswildpig  you're right I won't do it again.

thanks for your input.
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline chamber

• View Profile
Thanks for the explanation, y'all!   

+5%

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I don't think it's about the money but about the attitude. While some members might not agree with this and its their right, you claimed "... and expect the community to pay me back for them in full."

It's about people not even be aware of this or not agreeing with this and then having you "demand" to be reimbursed. It feels unfair, hence the comment about a worker proposal of $10k to get the chinese app page. It gives the impression anyone can just do whatever they like and demand the community pays them back.

if theres a worker proposal everyone votes. I expect that people will reimburse me. I could be wrong.
just trying to be useful.

I know. I believe you have good intentions, but you also must see from other people's pov.

Imagine someone who doesn't agree with this decision and then comes to this thread and gets the idea you are demanding your money back. People will think "why should I pay him for something he did so spontaneously, without asking for my opinion? What if someone does the same with $50k?", etc.

I don't think it's about the money but about the attitude. While some members might not agree with this and its their right, you claimed "... and expect the community to pay me back for them in full."

It's about people not even be aware of this or not agreeing with this and then having you "demand" to be reimbursed. It feels unfair, hence the comment about a worker proposal of $10k to get the chinese app page. It gives the impression anyone can just do whatever they like and demand the community pays them back.

if theres a worker proposal everyone votes. I expect that people will reimburse me. I could be wrong.

I know. I believe you have good intentions, but you also must see from other people's pov.

Imagine someone who doesn't agree with this decision and then comes to this thread and gets the idea you are demanding your money back. People will think "why should I pay him for something he did so spontaneously, without asking for my opinion? What if someone does the same with $50k?", etc.

The worst question could be :

What if someone register all of the bitshares accounts on major websites and then ask his friends to pretend to sell it at a high price and then he pretend to pay him on the background (they could provide bank records too ) , essentially forcing the community to buy back the account with whatever price he named ?

What's stopping important community channel holders to start charging this community thousands of dollars by dilution with this method ?

I'm not saying the OP is doing this . I'm saying what a bad incentive it could be for those who thinks BitShares has a budget to buy this kind of stuff without even bargaining a fair price  . (It's worse than registering a domain name , because you need cost to register someone elses' domain name ,)

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Tuck Fheman

You're doing it wrong.

Well now I'm doing it wrong by assuming the bot is working. 

So you should have received 5 "PERCENT" a User Issued Asset, but the bot doesn't work much these days ... so I change my comment, you were doing it right after all! ;)

+5%
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
BTW, I'm a newbie, what does the +5% symbol mean or do?

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to type it like this ...

#sharebits "chamber" 5 PERCENT

;)

It's been a while but I believe it represents the 5% interest you used to get from bitUSD back in teh day.

Correct.  We went so far as to have every appearance of + 1 automatically changed to +1.

Now it is just a part of our glorious history.

But then, so are Back to the Future references and mysterious foreshadowings...

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Tuck Fheman

You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to type it like this ...

#sharebits "chamber" 5 PERCENT

;)

It's been a while but I believe it represents the 5% interest you used to get from bitUSD back in teh day.
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline chamber

• View Profile
Thanks for the taking the initiative JohnyBitcoin!  I agree that the DailyDecrypt sponsorship was a good idea, as is acquiring the Facebook and Twitter handle.     I hope that your worker proposal gets fully funded. 

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

It's not 50k though its only $2800. I did it to get things moving otherwise this thread would have been forgotten and nothing would have happened. I'm not demanding, I'm expecting, there's a huge difference.
It gets voted on.
I've taken on the financial risk to try push bitshares marketing forwards because it needs it.

people debate stuff too much. just do positive stuff.

It's like the month of Daily decrypt sponsorship that I arranged which I think you'll agree has been very beneficial to bitshares in all sorts of ways.
It would be a lost thread on the forum now if it wasn't for me just booking it.
We can debate all day but sometimes someone has to do somthing.
If you read all the posts above from others I think you'll find this idea has most peoples support but won't know for sure until theres a worker to vote on.

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
Does Twitter allow there to be an account administrator in addition to a locked-down posting account? Or is one account always one login? If that's the case, this is not something that can be truly "owned" by the community in any way.

IMO, ideally there is a marketer here that realizes that the potential value of owning @bitshares is greater than $3,000, and they pick it up. (CNX, CNI, CCEDK?) I think this asset could be more productive in private ownership.

Alternatively: what if you keep the handle, and submit a worker that pays a smaller amount but over a longer period of time for managing the account, tweeting, building followers, etc. This would be a like a dividend on your investment. Just a thought.

With the facebook page different "roles" can be allocated see here: https://www.facebook.com/help/289207354498410
This means someone like @xeroc can hold the highest position which is admin and is basically the master key to the account.
Then many other people in the community like myself can take the roles of Moderators and editors allowing many of us to contribute news etc but not have control.
I believe there is a similar system for twitter where we could do the same.

@roadscape could you please create a worker proposal for me to cover this $2800

Roadscape my man , could you create a 10000 USD worker for me while you're at it . I just purchased  bitshares account name on the most influential social platform in China which are really important for this community .  ;) ;)

You've made it very clear you think this was a waste of money and you won't support this worker proposal.
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Does Twitter allow there to be an account administrator in addition to a locked-down posting account? Or is one account always one login? If that's the case, this is not something that can be truly "owned" by the community in any way.

IMO, ideally there is a marketer here that realizes that the potential value of owning @bitshares is greater than $3,000, and they pick it up. (CNX, CNI, CCEDK?) I think this asset could be more productive in private ownership.

Alternatively: what if you keep the handle, and submit a worker that pays a smaller amount but over a longer period of time for managing the account, tweeting, building followers, etc. This would be a like a dividend on your investment. Just a thought.

With the facebook page different "roles" can be allocated see here: https://www.facebook.com/help/289207354498410
This means someone like @xeroc can hold the highest position which is admin and is basically the master key to the account.
Then many other people in the community like myself can take the roles of Moderators and editors allowing many of us to contribute news etc but not have control.

Roadscape my man , could you create a 10000 USD worker for me while you're at it . I just purchased  bitshares account name on the most influential social platform in China which are really important for this community .  ;) ;)
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
A bit of sarcasm on here, but also good points raised (even in the sarcasm). Retaining the major social media accounts within the community makes sense, but i also get the governance problem of who gets to decide on allocating funds? we should probably have a marketing worker with real experience in the area control some budget for these kinds of things. i'm all for the community voting on it, or at least voting on a worker who has some set of plans in a coherent strategy. managing our social media is part of building credibility for the brand.

Controlling any media assets purchased is part of the overall governance picture we need to lock down. it would be no bueno if someone used allocated funds from our business to personally control these assets, or even potentially retain them for themselves at some point.

Offline roadscape

http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Who owns BitShares account name on Bitcointalk.org ?

That's maybe a really really important marketing asset for us . Prepare yourself for a couple thousand bucks ! We will have a worker to pay for the account name .

Who owns BitShares account name on Wechat Public platform (the most crowd social tool on earth) ? Prepare yourself for a couple thousand bucks ! We will have a worker to pay for the account name .

hell , next thing we know , people would start to register all kinds of BitShares name on every major social networking tool (even dating site!) and wait to be brought by this community .

Nice marketing .

Twitter and FB are the most important social media accounts, we should control them as big brands do.  Your sarcasm isn't helpful.
 I understand the power of twitter and FB well. One day of dilution isn't much to pay in the grand scheme of things. And the if we become big one day it will be even harder to get them then.

After reading you reply , I've realized the importance of this . So , following your lead , I've purchased the most important social media account about BitShares in China's Wechat platform .
So .....who should I contact to reimburse my 10000 USD for purchasing this important account ?

Why would we want a we chat account. they are for private messaging not for creating a public image and making announcements. I think fb and twitter will do.

Wechat is not just a messaging platform .

Wechat is Skype(messaging)+Facebook+Twitter+Instagram combined . We chat has something called "public platform" , it has drawn more traffic than major websites .

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

That's maybe a really really important marketing asset for us . Prepare yourself for a couple thousand bucks ! We will have a worker to pay for the account name .

Who owns BitShares account name on Wechat Public platform (the most crowd social tool on earth) ? Prepare yourself for a couple thousand bucks ! We will have a worker to pay for the account name .

hell , next thing we know , people would start to register all kinds of BitShares name on every major social networking tool (even dating site!) and wait to be brought by this community .

Nice marketing .

Twitter and FB are the most important social media accounts, we should control them as big brands do.  Your sarcasm isn't helpful.
 I understand the power of twitter and FB well. One day of dilution isn't much to pay in the grand scheme of things. And the if we become big one day it will be even harder to get them then.

After reading you reply , I've realized the importance of this . So , following your lead , I've purchased the most important social media account about BitShares in China's Wechat platform .
So .....who should I contact to reimburse my 10000 USD for purchasing this important account ?

Why would we want a we chat account. they are for private messaging not for creating a public image and making announcements. I think fb and twitter will do.
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline helloworld

• View Profile
BTS:bts-hero

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Nice marketing .

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

Nice marketing .

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Next thing we know , people would start buying subway AD space on major city upfront and ask to be refunded by worker dilution , because people would by shy to vocal against it for all his contribution and the financial risk he was taken upfront .

That will be an amazing marketing change .

@tonyk   what do you say

+5% +5%

The network owning it's own naming assets is really so terrible? This i fundamental to any business DAC or centralized.

On the other hand.. there are other ways to recover the funds, it just might take a lot more work and time potentially... if he used the refer program and got paid on the refers sent to the network, i would take roughly referring 33 lifetime members to recover the funds. Who knows, at that point maybe he will just continue with it because its a good investment.

There are a few ways to skin this cat, but the worker is clear, simple, and lets the voters decide how they want to manage the brand. Trolling commentaries with anything to do with Workers these days seems inevitable. It's tired, old, and has been shown to be a pointless irrational argument in comparison to every other virtual currency that is excelling in market cap with higher spending that for them is completely out of control. While we are in control.

@JonnyBitcoin initiative to take action and secure our brand for the community is great. You think all your scenarios are going to come to pass then you better get to it and start getting all those spaces. Sounds like a great investment!

It's funny .

https://twitter.com/ethereumproject 
https://twitter.com/ethereum

If a Ethereum marketing is paying 3000 USD to buy a twitter account name , which one you think he would buy , and why ?

The exact same name is not the asset on twitter . The count of the follower is .
If one account has more follower than the others , regardless of what name it is , it will be enough to do marketing .

It is funny.

Care to share how much they are spending on all the other marketing and mining while you are at it? Lets compare apples to apples.

This is after all just more dilution boogieman rhetoric.

You don't know what I mean ?
I mean twitter marketing is not done by the exact same account name , and as far as I know , that's not how twitter works .

For 2 years , with tons of budget , no one in I3 even dare to spend 3000 USD budget on a twitter account name because they too know that's not how it works .

And now you tell me with a exact same account name , bitshares can be marketed ?
That's the same thing as saying I3 didn't do any marketing at all .
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:43:49 pm by btswildpig »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Nice marketing .

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Next thing we know , people would start buying subway AD space on major city upfront and ask to be refunded by worker dilution , because people would by shy to vocal against it for all his contribution and the financial risk he was taken upfront .

@tonyk   what do you say

+5% +5%

The network owning it's own naming assets is really so terrible? This i fundamental to any business DAC or centralized.

On the other hand.. there are other ways to recover the funds, it just might take a lot more work and time potentially... if he used the refer program and got paid on the refers sent to the network, i would take roughly referring 33 lifetime members to recover the funds. Who knows, at that point maybe he will just continue with it because its a good investment.

There are a few ways to skin this cat, but the worker is clear, simple, and lets the voters decide how they want to manage the brand. Trolling commentaries with anything to do with Workers these days seems inevitable. It's tired, old, and has been shown to be a pointless irrational argument in comparison to every other virtual currency that is excelling in market cap with higher spending that for them is completely out of control. While we are in control.

@JonnyBitcoin initiative to take action and secure our brand for the community is great. You think all your scenarios are going to come to pass then you better get to it and start getting all those spaces. Sounds like a great investment!

It's funny .

If a Ethereum marketing is paying 3000 USD to buy a twitter account name , which one you think he would buy , and why ?

The exact same name is not the asset on twitter . The count of the follower is .
If one account has more follower than the others , regardless of what name it is , it will be enough to do marketing .

It is funny.

Care to share how much they are spending on all the other marketing and mining while you are at it? Lets compare apples to apples.

This is after all just more dilution boogieman rhetoric.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

@tonyk   what do you say

+5% +5%

It's funny .

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
@xeroc @Stan @bytemaster  @cylonmaker2053 @Fox @DestBest @Chris4210

As with dailydecrypt sponsorship I got frustrated with no progress and have gone ahead and just done it.

I have purchased these twitter and fb handles for the community because it needed to be done.

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshare

I paid $2800 for the both of them and expect the community to pay me back for them in full. (can forward email correspondence to prove sale to me)
I think a worker proposal is the best way to collect the funds for this but am not competent enough with CLI client to create one myself.

Could @xeroc or another trusted community member create a worker proposal to cover this $2800 and I will hand over these accounts to the commitee.
Alternatively If cryptonomex wants to send it to me directly that would be easier.

PS I need to wait a week before I change the graphics on the fb page.

How much did you personally end up contributing to TheDailyDecrypt sponsorship? (that you didn't get reimbursed for by other donors?)

All financial costs for the daily decrypt were covered by you, openledger and the community.
I made it happen though by paying upfront with my own money and organising it all like I am doing again.
I have personally contributed at least 6 hours of my own time back with emails and then cleaning up the accounts so they don't follow spam accounts etc.
If the worker thing doesn't get voted in, you could always reimburse yourself through referral links on those social media accounts.
Perhaps this is a better idea. Run it by yourself, or someone who have a solid plan.

Technically I didn't figure out how the Committee "own" a facebook account or a tweeter account.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

@tonyk   what do you say

+5% +5%

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CalabiYau

Why not use bitshares_official instead of giving 3k usd to a random guy?

It's called good marketing.

See above. Old owner was using it for bitcoin stuff, was embarrassing.
Bitshares marketing has been historically very poor, we need to up our game and come across as professional.

Agree, thank you for this initiative  +5%

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

@tonyk   what do you say

+5% +5%

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Yeah, nevermind :P

Somehow missed his post earlier..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Bitshares marketing has been historically very poor, we need to up our game and come across as professional.

Absolutely. Our marketing needs to improve, we can all do a little bit!

@xeroc would it be possible to mail twitter from postmaster@bitshares.org?
I hear JonnyBitcoin bought the bitshares handle, so I don't see why I should write a mail to twitter?!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

As with dailydecrypt sponsorship I got frustrated with no progress and have gone ahead and just done it.

I have purchased these twitter and fb handles for the community because it needed to be done.

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshare

I paid $2800 for the both of them and expect the community to pay me back for them in full. (can forward email correspondence to prove sale to me)
I think a worker proposal is the best way to collect the funds for this but am not competent enough with CLI client to create one myself.

Could @xeroc or another trusted community member create a worker proposal to cover this $2800 and I will hand over these accounts to the commitee.
Alternatively If cryptonomex wants to send it to me directly that would be easier.

How much did you personally end up contributing to TheDailyDecrypt sponsorship? (that you didn't get reimbursed for by other donors?)

All financial costs for the daily decrypt were covered by you, openledger and the community.
I made it happen though by paying upfront with my own money and organising it all like I am doing again.
I have personally contributed at least 6 hours of my own time back with emails and then cleaning up the accounts so they don't follow spam accounts etc.

+5% +5% +5%

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Absolutely. Our marketing needs to improve, we can all do a little bit!

@xeroc would it be possible to mail twitter from postmaster@bitshares.org?

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshares

Well first of all - Thank you Jonny!!! - Thank you for taking the effort, risk and financial burden to buy our official BitShares social media accounts for us! This is a very important step forward! I support any worker or form of compensation for you.

We need to take good use of it and market the hell out of it. I am surprised how fast you can get traction of a few media outlets when you post regularly.

I wrote a tutorial about it how you can use Hootsuite.com , a powerful tool for social media : https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21973.0.html

Check it out.

Let us bring more devs and startups on the BitShares platform.

Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline mint chocolate chip

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshare

If the worker thing doesn't get voted in, you could always reimburse yourself through referral links on those social media accounts.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshare

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Fox

[...]

Brilliant work here JonnyBitcoin  +5% very much appreciate the proactive efforts.  I'll reach out to @roadscape about authoring the worker proposal on your behalf. 
Witness: fox

Offline onceuponatime

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshare

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

yeah i completely agree. Bitshares should own @bitshares. having someone else control that handle is embarrassing.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile

Twitter.com/bitshares
Facebook.com/bitshares

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 03:18:42 am by JonnyBitcoin »
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
[We applied for KeyhoteeTM and BitSharesTM at the same time.

KeyhoteeTM was granted, BitSharesTM was not.

Why?  "Because 'BitShares' is too descriptive - you are just sharing bits"

I'm not making this up.

Thanks for the insights Stan.  I do still wonder if Twitter would review the @bitshares account more closely under their Trademark Policy if the request originated from an @bitshares.org email address. 

The current Twitter account holder has @bitshares and also fb.com/bitshares and the domain bitshare.cn
The site founder lists the sir name Shares at bitshare.cn
Twitter @bitshare looks to be long abandon
fb.com/bitshare does not provide content

Can anyone else connect the dots as to what a reasonable solution may be? 
If they have such a policy .. I can mail them from fabian@bitshares.org

If you provide me a mail address from twitter and a proper text, I can send it out any time

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
we can certainly appeal again to Twitter to release the account for us, but it may also be worth the $3k extortion to get it out of the way sooner.

Offline Fox

[We applied for KeyhoteeTM and BitSharesTM at the same time.

I'm not making this up.

Thanks for the insights Stan.  I do still wonder if Twitter would review the @bitshares account more closely under their Trademark Policy if the request originated from an @bitshares.org email address. 

The current Twitter account holder has @bitshares and also fb.com/bitshares and the domain bitshare.cn
The site founder lists the sir name Shares at bitshare.cn
Twitter @bitshare looks to be long abandon
fb.com/bitshare does not provide content

Can anyone else connect the dots as to what a reasonable solution may be? 

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
We applied for KeyhoteeTM and BitSharesTM at the same time.

I'm not making this up.

that doesn't surprise me. looks like paying $3k for the twitter and FB accounts might be the best option.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I feel @Stan or others connected to the former Invictus Innovations, Inc. (I3) need to revive their Service Mark application (or initiate a new one under a current entity), then pursue action with Twitter on their Trademark Policy to reclaim the @bitshares handle [1, 2]. 

What is a Trademark Policy Violation on Twitter?
Using a company or business name, logo, or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to its brand or business affiliation may be considered a trademark policy violation.

Can someone remind us of the intention by I3 to file with USPTO in 2014 for "BITSHARES" and subsequently abandon that application [3]?  I noticed that KEYHOTEE has been granted its second extension to I3 [2].  Please don't interpret that as accusatory in any way; simply want to understand the decision process and options for pursuing protection of the Service Mark going forward.

Please note: I was unable to provide direct links to the USPTO search results, so included the Trademarkia.com content for ease of reference.  You are encouraged to search the USPTO Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS) directly and supply the search terms for source content [4]. 

[1] https://support.twitter.com/articles/18367
[2] http://www.trademarkia.com/bitshares-86156522.html
[3] http://www.trademarkia.com/keyhotee-86167329.html
[4] http://tess2.uspto.gov/ Select: Basic Word Mark Search (New User)

We applied for KeyhoteeTM and BitSharesTM at the same time.

I'm not making this up.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Fox

I feel @Stan or others connected to the former Invictus Innovations, Inc. (I3) need to revive their Service Mark application (or initiate a new one under a current entity), then pursue action with Twitter on their Trademark Policy to reclaim the @bitshares handle [1, 2]. 

What is a Trademark Policy Violation on Twitter?
Using a company or business name, logo, or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to its brand or business affiliation may be considered a trademark policy violation.

Can someone remind us of the intention by I3 to file with USPTO in 2014 for "BITSHARES" and subsequently abandon that application [3]?  I noticed that KEYHOTEE has been granted its second extension to I3 [2].  Please don't interpret that as accusatory in any way; simply want to understand the decision process and options for pursuing protection of the Service Mark going forward.

Please note: I was unable to provide direct links to the USPTO search results, so included the Trademarkia.com content for ease of reference.  You are encouraged to search the USPTO Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS) directly and supply the search terms for source content [4]. 

[1] https://support.twitter.com/articles/18367
[2] http://www.trademarkia.com/bitshares-86156522.html
[3] http://www.trademarkia.com/keyhotee-86167329.html
[4] http://tess2.uspto.gov/ Select: Basic Word Mark Search (New User)

Offline DestBest

Great idea  +5%

Don't forget you can automatically send your token to your new followers.
It greatly increase Engagement Rates + New follower often retweet your #sharebits gift, incentivizing their followers to follow you  :D
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Why not set up
  • BitSharesNews
  • BitSharesUpdate
  • BitSharesOfficial

I am holding  @bitsharesmunich and tweet every day. I am almost alone :/ Get LOUD people

good job with @bitsharesmunich ...i've RT'd some of your stuff in the past, and will keep an eye out for updates.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
@JonnyBitcoin has contact to that guys who is willing to sell the twitter and facebook handle for ~$3k .. There was a forum thread about it as well

nice! any status on that @JonnyBitcoin?

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Why not set up
  • BitSharesNews
  • BitSharesUpdate
  • BitSharesOfficial

I am holding  @bitsharesmunich and tweet every day. I am almost alone :/ Get LOUD people
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
@JonnyBitcoin has contact to that guys who is willing to sell the twitter and facebook handle for ~$3k .. There was a forum thread about it as well

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I just tweeted to the account to try to get it for the community. It sucks that @bitshares is taken by someone tweeting about mainly bitcoin, not our actual bitshares community. It's just embarrassing that the most official twitter account we have is @_bitshares.