Author Topic: Lets woo basic coins to migrate natively to our blockchain.  (Read 8662 times)

Offline Louis

We lack a "Get listed on BitShares DEX" button on bitshares.org

Nice idea, Anyone disagree with this?

Brilliant idea

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

Nice idea, Anyone disagree with this?
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
Storj probably moving out of Counterparty, considering Ethereum twitter.com

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Getting Storj or Bitcrystals to become a Bitshares asset would be a huge win.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

I never thought about that, it's a good idea  +5%

i like the overall sentiment and this should be one area of our marketing someone runs with. Has anyone reached out to the SuperNET crew? they've pulled in some minor coins to their project, so pulling them into ours could have added synergy.

Or have them migrate the entire thing here  :P

yes, i love the "Get Listed on Bitshares DEX" button idea, and, of course, i wouldn't complain about SuperNET fully migrating over to Bitshares :)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

I never thought about that, it's a good idea  +5%

i like the overall sentiment and this should be one area of our marketing someone runs with. Has anyone reached out to the SuperNET crew? they've pulled in some minor coins to their project, so pulling them into ours could have added synergy.

Or have them migrate the entire thing here  :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
ah, door to door sales

a tried and true marketing endeavor

count me in
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Offline DestBest

BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I don't understand. Why would a sophisticated fee system translate into increased network effect and value for the underlying blockchain those assets are based on?
Take a look at what happens in Ethereum already: Developers complain about high fee prices.
Basically because the fee in Ethereum depends on the architecture of the contract you want to run .. but NOT on the value that the smart contract brings to Ethereum as a business. They could reduce the fees and thus remove a chunk of their "income" (so to speak) .. or increase the fee and lose developers/dapps .. and all of this just because they cannot give different fees to different apps ..

Thanks for the reply, that is interesting.

I also think adoption of BTS collateralised Smartcoins is where BTS will gain the most value so attracting coins/communities to BTS and by extension potential customers for Smartcoins is perhaps also how we will gain additional value from them where XCP/NXT/MSC have failed.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I don't understand. Why would a sophisticated fee system translate into increased network effect and value for the underlying blockchain those assets are based on?
Take a look at what happens in Ethereum already: Developers complain about high fee prices.
Basically because the fee in Ethereum depends on the architecture of the contract you want to run .. but NOT on the value that the smart contract brings to Ethereum as a business. They could reduce the fees and thus remove a chunk of their "income" (so to speak) .. or increase the fee and lose developers/dapps .. and all of this just because they cannot give different fees to different apps ..

Offline fuzzy

What exactly is Storj currently getting out of Counterparty? Just the ability to trade a token? If so we could certainly do so far better. Looks they're considering integrating with ETH though which I suppose will allow them to offer storage to smart contracts which could be useful.

This is precisely what im currently doing with the sharebot...to actually bring entire communities here.  we can distribute their tokens to them...using our blockchain. 

I guess this is a good time to say a DASH hangout is in our future. 

Would our community be behind donating a little bit of bitshares for an attendance sharedrop if they are willing to do the same?  This would help us solidify them as a "sharing" community. :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
What exactly is Storj currently getting out of Counterparty? Just the ability to trade a token? If so we could certainly do so far better. Looks they're considering integrating with ETH though which I suppose will allow them to offer storage to smart contracts which could be useful.

I'm afraid this will be what happens. But if they just want a place to trade, ours is surely the best.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
It's not a bad idea but look at the https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/views/all/

17 of the top 20 blockchain based assets & communities are on XCP, NXT & MSC.

Yet  XCP + NXT + MSC = < BTS

Obviously it's not bad a bad thing to attract as many people as possible but thus far that strategy hasn't translated into increased network effect and value for the underlying blockchains that attract those coins and communities.
Do they have a fee system as sophisticated as us?

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It's not a bad idea but look at the https://coinmarketcap.com/assets/views/all/

17 of the top 20 blockchain based assets & communities are on XCP, NXT & MSC.

Yet  XCP + NXT + MSC = < BTS

Obviously it's not bad a bad thing to attract as many people as possible but thus far that strategy hasn't translated into increased network effect and value for the underlying blockchains that attract those coins and communities.
Do they have a fee system as sophisticated as us?