Author Topic: [Pool] After Stealth and RLFT, what would you like to do next?  (Read 2471 times)

Offline fuzzy

Remember, Bitcoin sidechains and Eth VM makes many more sidechains possible :)

Or at least that is what I have been told by some intelligent techies.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

TravelsAsia

1. Maker/Taker
2. Focus on making the DEX extremely user friendly and visually appealing (wish the default was a day mode like Polo)
3. Create short videos similar to what you see with Augur and Slock.it
4. New additional development, tighten up what we currently have
5. Sidechains or anything else that assists BTC holders to use BitShares

I love the prediction markets, bonds and EVM. However, there are projects with far less functionality than we have at a much higher market cap.  Bitshares needs to clean-up what we currently have, make it stupid simple to use and pleasing to the eye. 

It's easy to fall in love with Bitshares tech when you can wrap your head around the concepts.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Liquidity with more market pairs will attract new traders.  Traders on Poloniex for example want to get in and out of a lot of different crypto currencies, they may not care at all about the underlying technology.  If BTS can provide a fraction of this, we can attract them as low hanging fruit.  We should however be strategic and not have knee jerk reactions how to get this done.  Perhaps we can compare the current options (if any are actually required) on this Friday's mumble.

Any updates on API support providing ease of access to developers?  Dev's will want something easy to work with and build applications around.

Any chance of integration with something like BitMessage for secure messaging?  I keep thinking back to the Keyhotee days and do not see any other crypto going after this feature.  Even if this needs to be tied to a third party service like adding a troll box to the exchange.

1. We have many market pairs, however with our current volume we can't support that. I guess we need to start with the most important ones. That's what we are trying to accomplish with all these liquidity incentives discussions lately.

2. Xeroc is doing live coding sessions which should give people an incentive to try it out. It's on youtube. BitShares as an API similar to Poloniex for traders, however that isn't documented yet.

3. Yes, a trollbox would be a great addition, many people have expressed their desire for this feature.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Liquidity with more market pairs will attract new traders.  Traders on Poloniex for example want to get in and out of a lot of different crypto currencies, they may not care at all about the underlying technology.  If BTS can provide a fraction of this, we can attract them as low hanging fruit.  We should however be strategic and not have knee jerk reactions how to get this done.  Perhaps we can compare the current options (if any are actually required) on this Friday's mumble.

Any updates on API support providing ease of access to developers?  Dev's will want something easy to work with and build applications around.

Any chance of integration with something like BitMessage for secure messaging?  I keep thinking back to the Keyhotee days and do not see any other crypto going after this feature.  Even if this needs to be tied to a third party service like adding a troll box to the exchange.

Offline bitacer

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Added Yield Subsidy to the pool options.

My only concern is where are we going to get +$200k to go for Sidechains...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Regards BTC sidechains you're increasing BTC utility and BTC demand (value) at BTS shareholders expense in the hopes that doing so will create exposure, help BTS PR, increase BTS network effect and ultimately help SmartCoins (BTS).

Considering we have no/low TX & trading fees we'll only benefit if they go onto to use other BitAssets and start collateralising them with BTS.  However BTS shareholders will have to lay out reasonable $ today for something that may take 2-4 months to develop & in the hope of that outcome maybe 12+ months in the future.

Whereas we can see from competitors like Uphold/NBT/other being able to buy an attractive SmartCoin product at close to 1-1 with BTC is all that is required to increase usage and adoption from BTC holders. In our case this can be achieved with a yield and liquidity subsidy which could easily attract BTC demand in a way that increases BTS value because they're BTS collateralised BitAssets & it could all happen in 30-60 days & you only continue paying if it's shown to bring in more value than it costs. If it does then there's far more money available for other development at a higher valuation too.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:50:47 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline bitacer

I really would like to see this type of asset on BitShares. I would do my best to promote wherever possible.

https://github.com/segovro/Community-Currency

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I wouldn't call it sidechains (because I still believe their are not possible in combination with bitcoin) ... but would rather see people build up a decentralized exchange union as described here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BR9RBiCctoBEDKvE-MZh9CiZhutTJgJHDGMfYhe6FCs/edit?usp=sharing

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Could you add yield subsidy to the list?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21597.0.html

Besides that I'm a fan of a liquidity subsidy be it maker/taker, negative fees or liquidity pool, whichever will help achieve a tight peg with a reasonable amount of daily liquidity for the lowest cost.

My personal feeling is that if we can attract long term demand for BitAssets we'll rise in value due to the fact BitAssets are collateralised with BTS and going from 2.5% market share to BitAsset Market leader will see our future potential and thus valuation rise to the point where there is more money available for development from a much lower % of dilution. This massive change of status, valuation and increase in new BitAsset (BTS) demand can transpire in under 30 days for a cost that is fairly circular/neutral in that the majority goes back to existing long term BTS holders in a process similar to POS rewards.

Other initiatives are a continuation of a strategy that has seen BTS's valuation, adoption and network effect languish for 16 months+. Shareholders today pay now for features that often take 3 months+ & hope in 5-6 months they will have an impact on bootstrapping the DEX. As we can discern from Uphold supposedly the fastest growing money platform in the world and poorly collateralised NBT, additional nice to have features aren't a necessary ingredient in creating BitAsset demand. (Also if you want to rapidly grow total BitAssets (which BTS does because it locks up BTS) beyond having people trade in/out based on BTC up/down then you need the holding/yield incentive during the bootstrapping phase.)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:34:53 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Going with the BTC sidechain will show the crypto community that we are here to help bitcoin by providing them with useful services.
+5%

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Going with the BTC sidechain will show the crypto community that we are here to help bitcoin by providing them with useful services.
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline yvv

• View Profile
What do you mean by autobridging? Something like ripple path finding? This would be a really cool feature for POS. You keep your funds in say bitGold, and pay in whatever currency a merchant accepts. The system finds a cheapest exchange path for you through multiple hops.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
STEALTH will need some rigorous testing on the UI as to avoid mistakes from users. After that, we will also have the Rate Limited Free Transactions (RLFT) that abit is working on if I'm not mistaken. Once both of those are done with, what would you like to see next from the list on our roadmap? Remember it might still take a while before whatever option you've chosen starts being worked on.

Don't forget that our resources are limited and we can't do on a shopping spree. We can't afford everything and probably not even the most expensive stuff on this list so please vote with that into consideration. Remember that we don't need to have a toon of random features, we need to have some features with a certain objective, that complement each other as a way to maximize their use and benefit BitShares the most.

Check the Roadmap for details: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21541.0.html
For details on Yield Subsidy: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21597.105.html

Please provide a reasoning behind your choice. Why did you choose it? Which is the one that could benefit the most? Is it worth the cost? Can we afford it now? Do you prefer something with a bigger short term or long term impact? Are these even needed? Should we opt by something else? Should we focus on what we have for now? If so, how?

What path do you think we should be taking?

For you, what's the #1 priority for BitShares right now and what path should we follow?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:08:39 pm by Akado »