Author Topic: BitShares now Live on Microsoft Azure Blockchain as a Service (BaaS)  (Read 36002 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
So dumb question... What advantages does Azure give to bitshares other than being associated with the Microsoft name?  Is Azure BaaS a market place?  Can people develop for BTS through Azure?
The Azure BaaS platform allows anyone to spin up a node and CLI wallet with the minimum of effort. When Plasma is released, I will add this to a template to enable the toolkit resources for developers.

great! i think to get interested people a better and easier entry point will help a lot. keep going :D

^THIS  +5%

but I think we must increase  the number of witnesses also for the same reason
we must be more decentralized and an easier entry point if we want a real network effect !!!

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Thanks Fox! There are important boxes we can tick that encourage a sense of legitimacy and this happens to be one of them. Fantastic work!

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
 +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% Excellent work Fox

So dumb question... What advantages does Azure give to bitshares other than being associated with the Microsoft name?  Is Azure BaaS a market place?  Can people develop for BTS through Azure?

The general idea of the BaaS is that when some company is looking to build a blockchain they can shop through Azure and spin one up.

As far as the crypto-traders are concerns though.. another reason to buy on the hype and sell on the news.

You're obviously free to advise BTS holders & all the outsiders and potential new BTS users and investors viewing this positive announcement thread to sell BTS right now, though I think that's probably best put in the price speculation thread instead.

As far as other DACs like Factom & Emercoin go they've since managed to retain a large amount of the additional value that was initially attributable to their addition on Azure. This adds utility, name recognition & greater confidence to a brand, one thing BTS in particular has been lacking. (Positive brand associations and integrations are something BTS has been much criticised for in the past,  so some real & retainable brand value has been created here especially if we capitalise and build on the opportunity.)

It also opens up BTS to a much wider technology savvy audience. The Azure Twitter feed alone, where it may be announced if the addition is added to a Marley blog post has 400k+ followers of people interested in new technology. So while yes we'll likely see an overshoot 4-8 days after it's announced on there. I believe Fox's efforts may have added real tangible value which BTS can build on.

Only a month ago you believed it was worth a lot of time and money being spent on this...

If I don't see any movement on this in the coming month I promise you we will head this up and be the lead to ensure that we can be available on the Azure BaaS.

At present we are tied up with other things atm and this would require a great deal of attention money and time to execute.

I think it will be worth the effort though.

Again excellent work and THANK YOU Fox for your efforts

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 07:36:31 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline testz

Offline JetainM

• View Profile
BIB==BM IS BUG

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
I would prefer to have a stable node, and a perfect web version of the wallet

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

The general idea of the BaaS is that when some company is looking to build a blockchain they can shop through Azure and spin one up.

As far as the crypto-traders are concerns though.. another reason to buy on the hype and sell on the news.

Thanks Data,

So will Microsoft have any affiliation with BTS?  or is this kind of like the Craig's List of blockchain business's?  Are they trying to promote business's building on top of one of the blockchain's within the Azure offering?

Microsoft has no more association with any of these blockchains than Linux has with any host provider.

Microsofts motivation in promoting this is largely due to their entire business strategy of going back to the 80s and focusing in their cloud offering at all costs. Blockchain is edgey and hot as a buzz word for innovation.. its good for them. It's working too.. they keep getting themselves out there like they are the go to place for launching blockchain whatever now.

In cryptoland though.. stories of associations are often overstated if not misleading. There is a reason all the PRs only ever show up on places like Coindesk and never in Bloomberg. :) The association has been conflated and doesn't denote anything more than being included in a repo that adheres to their template environment.

I might sound like I am dumping on this but I'm not. It is another pathway for adoption, and a good one.

I think though most people who are following this news only view the potential market cap growth out of it and don't really understand what happened. Microsoft was heard and everyone gets stary eyed. :)

I'm glad Fox managed to get the template in their repo. Now he gets to have real fun... maintenance! :) I am hoping we can help out with that in the future.

+5% to Fox!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Thanks Data,

So will Microsoft have any affiliation with BTS?  or is this kind of like the Craig's List of blockchain business's?  Are they trying to promote business's building on top of one of the blockchain's within the Azure offering?

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
The Azure BaaS platform allows anyone to spin up a node and CLI wallet with the minimum of effort. When Plasma is released, I will add this to a template to enable the toolkit resources for developers.

great! i think to get interested people a better and easier entry point will help a lot. keep going :D

Offline Fox

Witness: fox

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+