Author Topic: Migration without backup file  (Read 3092 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Im on this too, how do you recreate your wallet if the old network doesnt sync?

I saved my private key thinking this is enough, but when I imported that wif key i only got 60k bts, thats less than what I had from the genesis block (pts key import into old wallet)!

Seems its missing all my old keys, my one account wif key is not enough? So I tried to open up 0.9.3c and import my wif key, it found my genesis allocation but ofcourse not the rest of my coins because theres no network to sync up to, so I tried to export that wallet and import it into bitshares 2.0 but it didnt find any extra coins (im guessing new keys werent generated because network didn't sync up to replay my coin transfers?)

So im not sure how to get my coins! I have to hope that I have my old wallet laying around on my old computer?
Your issue is different from OP.
You need to rescan.
See https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20822.0.html

The topic says migration without backup file, and I have a WIF key (same as brainkey?) and no backup file because the old network won't sync! how do I sync to 0.9.3c how do I rescan if there are no nodes? Anyone running 0.9.3c nodes? Is there a  0.9.3c bootstrap somewhere?

1) Download and copy the blockchain for 0.9.3c --> https://mega.nz/#!P8BhCZ4I!NZHkhUEbrgVTNRI1QXhDJI6ly7z1Fv2nFgrpQM1UWDQ
2) Go to the console and type "rescan"
Thanks.
I'll copy this to the sticky post.
//Update: just found that you already did so.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

I saved my private key thinking this is enough, but when I imported that wif key i only got 60k bts, thats less than what I had from the genesis block (pts key import into old wallet)!

Seems its missing all my old keys, my one account wif key is not enough? So I tried to open up 0.9.3c and import my wif key, it found my genesis allocation but ofcourse not the rest of my coins because theres no network to sync up to, so I tried to export that wallet and import it into bitshares 2.0 but it didnt find any extra coins (im guessing new keys werent generated because network didn't sync up to replay my coin transfers?)

So im not sure how to get my coins! I have to hope that I have my old wallet laying around on my old computer?
You need to rescan.

The topic says migration without backup file, and I have a WIF key (same as brainkey?) and no backup file because the old network won't sync! how do I sync to 0.9.3c how do I rescan if there are no nodes? Anyone running 0.9.3c nodes? Is there a  0.9.3c bootstrap somewhere?

1) Download and copy the blockchain for 0.9.3c --> https://mega.nz/#!P8BhCZ4I!NZHkhUEbrgVTNRI1QXhDJI6ly7z1Fv2nFgrpQM1UWDQ

thanks for the bootstrap!
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Bhuz

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bhuz

You need to rescan.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

You need to rescan.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

You need to rescan.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
The brainkey is enough!

Assuming that the current wallet uses the same tech .. you should be able to recover your account by creating a new wallet witb advanced settings and providing your brainkey ..

You should also be able to claim/import the funds into your account afterwards
We probably need a tutorial about how to migrate from 0.x web wallet . Not many people used web wallet in 0.x though.
I'm not sure if the brain key generated in 0.x works in 2.0.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The brainkey is enough!

Assuming that the current wallet uses the same tech .. you should be able to recover your account by creating a new wallet witb advanced settings and providing your brainkey ..

You should also be able to claim/import the funds into your account afterwards

Offline Si

Hi guys,

After a hard drive mishap, I no longer have my original wallet.bitshares.org backup file.
I do have my 16-word seed and my password and account ID.
Is there any way I can still migrate my funds from the original wallet into Bitshares 2.0 or are they lost?

Regards
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:53:40 am by Si »