Author Topic: Problem with trading on DEX  (Read 2048 times)

Offline EstefanTT

BC are sequential, so it could be possible on bts. We just need to avoid to have the same funds used in a Tx in the sale block.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline yvv

• View Profile
In polo you can't do either. When you place an order, you don't have the funds available anymore.
But he has a point, it could be cool to be able to do it and would add one more advantage to use the Dex over centralised exchanges.

Ripple works this way. They allow to put partially funded offers in multiple books. Only funded part is reflected in each book. When account runs out of funds, all unfunded orders get cancelled. This is a very smart feature.

Offline EstefanTT

In polo you can't do either. When you place an order, you don't have the funds available anymore.
But he has a point, it could be cool to be able to do it and would add one more advantage to use the Dex over centralised exchanges.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Suppose, I want to make market for bitSilver. I borrow 1 bitSilver into existence and place an order to sell it for BTS. After this, I can't place sell orders on other markets, Silver:USD, Silver:CNY etc... This is wrong. This removes liquidity from DEX. I should be able to place sell orders for 1 silver on multiple markets, and if one of them is (partially) filled, all others should be automatically updated to adjust to my available funds.
Interesting. Can you sell your BTS in both BTC38 and Polo at same time?

Isnt this where autobridging comes in? Its donr automatically user only needs to place one order
I think OP was talking about different thing. It seems OP wants to setup prices of sell order for each market. Auto-bridging is not such a thing.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Suppose, I want to make market for bitSilver. I borrow 1 bitSilver into existence and place an order to sell it for BTS. After this, I can't place sell orders on other markets, Silver:USD, Silver:CNY etc... This is wrong. This removes liquidity from DEX. I should be able to place sell orders for 1 silver on multiple markets, and if one of them is (partially) filled, all others should be automatically updated to adjust to my available funds.

Isnt this where autobridging comes in? Its donr automatically user only needs to place one order
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline yvv

• View Profile