Author Topic: Need help importing old PTSwallet into 2.0.  (Read 12565 times)

Offline allin

• View Profile
Still not working.  Just to let you know what I did. I had my really old PTS wallet.dat from when those suckers were like 9$.  I imported that .dat file into the bitshares-pts 1.0 wallet.  Did I royally screw up doing that?

Offline allin

• View Profile
Ok I pasted the whole texts and it did say "found key" at the top. But It didn't let me hit enter or anything.  Only button showing is Cancel.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I was able to use dumpprivkey from the console .
So you have the WIF keys after this step, which can be imported in following steps.

But when I go back to openledger , Im not sure what to do with the private key. Openledger either asks for export file from 9.3c which I don't have because I'm unable to register the wallet. Or it asks for the WIF format which I don't know how to do from the 1.0 wallet.
Sorry about all this, I know I'm late doing this by a couple years... I also dont know how to get my bitcoin keys in there ( the bitcoin I gave to Angelshares back in the day). I have all my old .dat files.

Again I'm sorry about all these questions but I looked and can't find the answers
From "wallet management console", click "import keys", paste the keys into the text box. If you're not sure what are the WIF keys, just copy & paste all texts generated in last step.

//Update: Same steps can be applied to bitcoin keys.

If you have further questions please leave a message here.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:52:16 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline allin

• View Profile
I was able to use dumpprivkey from the console . But when I go back to openledger , Im not sure what to do with the private key. Openledger either asks for export file from 9.3c which I don't have because I'm unable to register the wallet. Or it asks for the WIF format which I don't know how to do from the 1.0 wallet.
Sorry about all this, I know I'm late doing this by a couple years... I also dont know how to get my bitcoin keys in there ( the bitcoin I gave to Angelshares back in the day). I have all my old .dat files.

Again I'm sorry about all these questions but I looked and can't find the answers

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Yeah, I cant figure out how to register my 9.3c wallet account which is boat11.
Do you know how to export private keys from PTS wallet? If yes, copy the keys, paste them into 2.0 directly, the "import keys" page.

//Update:
If not, check this post first: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=826.0

No need to import to 0.9.3c if you've never imported your PTS keys into BTS.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:51:32 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline allin

• View Profile
Yeah, I cant figure out how to register my 9.3c wallet account which is boat11.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I am not the most tech guy around here to advise you but I don't see "boat11" as registered account.

what you need to do is go to https://openledger.info/ then import your wallet from 9.3c as per http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/migration/howto-importing-wallet.html

you will be asked to chose under which account your balances will be imported. If you still have problems please post again and I am sure someone more techy will be able to help you

Offline allin

• View Profile
Thanks for replying. I downloaded 9.3c and imported from 1.0 version (thats where my coins are atm). It says they imported but i see nothing.
I think I need to register my 9.3c account but I do not know how? Also Do I need to sync ? My account name is boat11.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
This may help

http://docs.bitshares.eu/bitshares/migration/index.html

basicaly you import your keys to 9.3c then export to bitshares 2

Offline allin

• View Profile
Hi, I'm having a heck of a time getting this right. While trying to import my 9.3c  wallet into 2.0, It said invalid must import from the 1.0 wallet. So i download the 1.0 and imported my old PTS wallet in and I my coins appeared, so i thought i was good. I went back to 2.0 and tried to import from my 1.0 and it still said invalid.

After more reading I keep seeing I have to use the 9.3c wallet to import. So now my question is how do i register the 9.3c wallet (the faucet isn't working) and do i need to download the blockchain (not sure how to do that if needed).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.