Author Topic: Need help importing old PTSwallet into 2.0.  (Read 12387 times)

Offline bitsharesbrazil

• View Profile
Ignore xeroc....
.you did great....the guy should consider himself blessed with your support
bitcointalk ANN https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1084460.0
chat, post, promote it!!!!!!!! Stan help to improve OP!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'm happy I figured it out, but honestly this is the worst investment of my life. And now BM is creating yet another coin. How is this not a huge scam.
Please define "scam"!

BitShares has been delivered as promised is functional, trades, has volume and is secure. I don't see that as a scam. It is still the best, fastest and most decentralized DEX on the planet.
But sure, go ahead shouting scam, that makes it easier for people to get into BitShares that honor the tech and don't care about the politics and FUD

Offline allin

• View Profile
I'm happy I figured it out, but honestly this is the worst investment of my life. And now BM is creating yet another coin. How is this not a huge scam.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Willing to pay BTC for someone to walk me through this from start to finish.
Please email to: jcbarrett2003@yahoo.com

Can anyone help me export and import my private keys?
I downloaded Bishares 0.9.3 but was unable to create an account.

Thanks,
JB
I am sorry to say .. but it is counterproductive to contact me via CNX and have me reply almost 10 mails and then asking for paid support publicly ..
i also send you a link to recovery service, migration guides and documentation .. AND told you step-by-step what you have to do.

Either you stick with private mail conversation or you go the public route. Either way, i refuse to dublicate my efforts
I got a PM as well :)
Good news is that someone else has managed to help him.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Thanks,
JB
I am sorry to say .. but it is counterproductive to contact me via CNX and have me reply almost 10 mails and then asking for paid support publicly ..
i also send you a link to recovery service, migration guides and documentation .. AND told you step-by-step what you have to do.

Either you stick with private mail conversation or you go the public route. Either way, i refuse to dublicate my efforts

Offline Eastside

• View Profile

Thanks,
JB

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Nice community work everybody!

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline allin

• View Profile
I got it!! Thanks for all the help from everyone!   Abit, thanks for telling me I didn't need to sync up, sometimes I need to read things twice. Thank you again!

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
1. I thought I had it. I imported the private keys from 1.0 into 9.3c wallet and it said successful. Then went to the console and dumped the private keys.
2. Put those keys into bitshares2.0 and it said it found private keys, I clicked import and it took a long time loading claims and finally said no claims( no balance.
3. I used dumpprivkey from 9.3c because when I used the json file to import into BTS2.0, it gave me a message saying I need to use Bitshare1.0 file
You're almost there. Just don't use "dumpprivkey" command in 0.9.3c. Don't use the "export" menu of 0.9.3c either.

You need to go to the console of 0.9.3c wallet, and use command "wallet_export_keys file_name.json" which is described in http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/howto-exporting-wallet.html , then import this file to 2.0.

I swear I'm trying like heck to get this to work,  but I cannot get the blockchain to  sync.  I'm copying and pasting the  file(BitShares-0.9.3-full-blockchain1.torrent) into   C:/Users/Pc User/AppData/Roaming/BitShares
Is that the wrong place?
You did it wrong.. it's a seed file, used to download the whole chain data via BitTorrent software.
However, you don't need the old chain data nor the torrent file, since your fund is from AGS donation.

BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline allin

• View Profile
I swear I'm trying like heck to get this to work,  but I cannot get the blockchain to  sync.  I'm copying and pasting the  file(BitShares-0.9.3-full-blockchain1.torrent) into   C:/Users/Pc User/AppData/Roaming/BitShares
Is that the wrong place?

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
Ok, Thanks for the link.  I understand everything except the first step. It says:

1.Download the Torrent and use it to obtain a full copy of the chain/ folder.
2.Move this chain folder into your BitShares shared directory:

I downloaded the legacy blockchain torrent file from the link, but how do I use that to get the full copy of the blockchain?

just copy in directory and start wallet, automatly start to sync full chain

torrent is for safe time syncing full blockchain
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline allin

• View Profile
Ok, Thanks for the link.  I understand everything except the first step. It says:

1.Download the Torrent and use it to obtain a full copy of the chain/ folder.
2.Move this chain folder into your BitShares shared directory:

I downloaded the legacy blockchain torrent file from the link, but how do I use that to get the full copy of the blockchain?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I thought I had it. I imported the private keys from 1.0 into 9.3c wallet and it said successful. Then went to the console and dumped the private keys.
Put those keys into bitshares2.0 and it said it found private keys, I clicked import and it took a long time loading claims and finally said no claims( no balance.
I used dumpprivkey from 9.3c because when I used the json file to import into BTS2.0, it gave me a message saying I need to use Bitshare1.0 file
Please follow the migration guide: http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration
and do not dump individual keys. Instead make a backup of the WHOLE wallet and import that file! It will most probably contain the keys that hold your funds!

Offline allin

• View Profile
I thought I had it. I imported the private keys from 1.0 into 9.3c wallet and it said successful. Then went to the console and dumped the private keys.
Put those keys into bitshares2.0 and it said it found private keys, I clicked import and it took a long time loading claims and finally said no claims( no balance.
I used dumpprivkey from 9.3c because when I used the json file to import into BTS2.0, it gave me a message saying I need to use Bitshare1.0 file

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Ok, I been messing with 9.3c wallet. 

How do I register it, the faucet isn't working?

When I import my keys, nothing shows up.

Also do I need to sync up the blockchain?

You can create a local account. It does not need to be registered. And you do not need to sync the blockchain.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.