Author Topic: Failed to broadcast the transaction: Missing Authentication  (Read 5640 times)

Offline pyre207

• View Profile
Thanks everyone. This appears fixed in the current version.

Offline pyre207

• View Profile
Hi, not multisig, just trying to upgrade from 9.x to 2.0.

Should i use an earlier build to broadcast then upgrade, or would I be better to wait for the next release of the client?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
We identified a sorting bug related to account authorities today which may have been the cause of this. jcalfee has fixed it so hopefully that will resolve this issue once the next version goes out.
Update: unfortunately that fix won't work in all cases.. IMO we need a hard fork.

//Update: after closer checking, I believe the key sorting bug won't affect balance claiming, unless the account used to claim funds is a multi-sig account. So, if OP (or @CalabiYau) was not claiming funds to a multi-sig account, it might be caused by another bug, probably a bug which causes loss of key(s).
NOT a multisig account.
@CalabiYau Can you help provide some logs if possible? Thanks!

PM sent
Got it. Thanks.
In the log, multiple operations in the transaction hasn't been sorted. But probably the signatures are calculated as if the operations are sorted. @jcalfee1 @svk thoughts?
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline CalabiYau

We identified a sorting bug related to account authorities today which may have been the cause of this. jcalfee has fixed it so hopefully that will resolve this issue once the next version goes out.
Update: unfortunately that fix won't work in all cases.. IMO we need a hard fork.

//Update: after closer checking, I believe the key sorting bug won't affect balance claiming, unless the account used to claim funds is a multi-sig account. So, if OP (or @CalabiYau) was not claiming funds to a multi-sig account, it might be caused by another bug, probably a bug which causes loss of key(s).
NOT a multisig account.

PM sent

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

NOT a multisig account.

Offline CalabiYau

NOT a multisig account.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Hi abit,

This error is occurring when I try to import funds into the lite wallet, not the web wallet.

Am I missing something about your suggestion?

Thanks in advance.
As xeroc has mentioned, in light wallet, press Ctrl+Alt+i, in the new window, click "console" from the menu, then righ click, select "save as...", copy the contents of the file here or upload the file to somewhere send the file to develops privately. (Although it doesn't contain your private key, but it does contain some sensitive info).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:45:09 pm by abit »

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 11:44:52 am by abit »

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline CalabiYau

Seems to be a bug in version "BitShares-light_2.0.160314". 

Got an 
Code: [Select]
Error:  3030003 tx_missing_other_auth: missing required other authority
Reinstalled previous version "BitShares-light_2.0.160217" ==>  Balance claims are broadcasted without problems.

Log screenshots available if it helps.   

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think the light wallet also has a 'debugging' or developer console available from the main menu

Offline pyre207

• View Profile
Hi abit,

This error is occurring when I try to import funds into the lite wallet, not the web wallet.

Am I missing something about your suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Can I bump this?

I know you guys are really busy atm, but I'd rather not loose these funds :/
Recently I found js console in Chrome very useful.

When you got an error in Chrome, press ctrl+shift+I, then copy all messages from the console, paste here.

//Update: better send the logs to developers privately since it contains maybe confidential info (account ids and etc, but no private keys anyway).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:46:49 pm by abit »

Offline pyre207

• View Profile
Can I bump this?

I know you guys are really busy atm, but I'd rather not loose these funds :/

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Paging @svk @jcalfee1. This makes no sense to me. Should all private keys be present in the wallet when they show a balance?