Author Topic: can i import encrypted private key from my json file to openledger  (Read 2127 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Thanks. But can I do this:

1) create a new account in OpenLedger,
2) log in to that new account,
3) get the encrypted private key that's in my json file's code,
4) use an import function (I assume there is one) in OpenLedger to move the funds in my old wallet into my new OL account?
3. "encrypted private key" wont work. Either import file, or import non-encrypted private keys.
- If you want to move funds from 0.x wallet to OL wallet, use "wallet_export_keys" command in 0.x console, then "import keys" in OL wallet's management console
- If you want to move an account from 2.0 light wallet to OL wallet, use "create backup" and "restore backup" in "wallet management console"
- If you want to move funds from an account to another account, use the "Send" link on the top.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
People like you make me stop answering support requests per private message .. congratulations

Offline baying

• View Profile
Thanks. But can I do this:

4) use an import function (I assume there is one) in OpenLedger to move the funds in my old wallet into my new OL account?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
If OL said your json file is "Invalid Format", you need to import it to 0.9.3c (from menu), and export again (use console if in windows) in 0.9.3c, then import the new file to OL.

This post may help: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20822.0.html
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline baying

• View Profile
I want to import my wallet into my existing OpenLedger account.

I have the .json backup file.

I can't tell from the .json file which version I used when I created the wallet. I think it was 9.3, but don't know how to verify.

In OpenLedger, go to Existing Accounts, then "Import from BitShares 0.9.3c" but it prompts me to create a wallet. Since I already created one in OpenLedger, I don't want to do that again.

So I try Import Backup. I choose my .json file, and get a rejection that says "Invalid Format."

Can I

Thanks for any help.