Author Topic: Proxy: jakub - better execution / implementation / communication of BM's ideas  (Read 16450 times)

Offline svk

Yea, @jakub seems to have disappeared, which is a shame..

I'd say it's a pity, not a shame. At least he didn't take anything which doesn't belong to him, nor be able to take (except that people worked for BSIP10 will need him to get payment). He did contribute a lot to the ecosystem/community (mostly communication/document work). I believe he will come back some day. Here is one of his latest posts:

I've removed my support for most of the committee members (except abit and dele-puppy) as I've concluded the current committee is not doing its job properly.

Also, I've removed my support for @mindphlux as he has committed a fraud and then another dishonesty when he lied about it
I've suggested to him the  possibility of donating the ill-earned money to a charity of his choice but he did not take the offer, so for me this matter is closed.

I no longer believe logical thinking prevails in this community and I have the impression that bad decisions regarding the referral program are being made, so I'll be much less active here from now on.
I would be willing to defend logic here, provided logical thinking is valued. Sadly, for me BitShares is drifting away from logic.

If you wish to remove your votes from this proxy, this is a good time to do so.
I'm not saying it was shameful, "it's a shame" just means it's too bad. He was a valuable member of the community so I hope he returns as well.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore

I'd say it's a pity, not a shame. At least he didn't take anything which doesn't belong to him, nor be able to take (except that people worked for BSIP10 will need him to get payment). He did contribute a lot to the ecosystem/community (mostly communication/document work). I believe he will come back some day. Here is one of his latest posts:

I've removed my support for most of the committee members (except abit and dele-puppy) as I've concluded the current committee is not doing its job properly.

Also, I've removed my support for @mindphlux as he has committed a fraud and then another dishonesty when he lied about it
I've suggested to him the  possibility of donating the ill-earned money to a charity of his choice but he did not take the offer, so for me this matter is closed.

I no longer believe logical thinking prevails in this community and I have the impression that bad decisions regarding the referral program are being made, so I'll be much less active here from now on.
I would be willing to defend logic here, provided logical thinking is valued. Sadly, for me BitShares is drifting away from logic.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 01:02:15 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline svk

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
To me it seems that this proxy isn't active any more.
Last account update: Jan 29

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
@jakub Please vote for the refund or burn workers.

IT'S DANGEROUS NOW.

By now, the refund worker which got highest votes is refund400k (113,325,926 BTS), which means any whale or group of whales or group of proxies who have more than 113K voting power is able to vote in a worker and steal funds from the reserve pool IMMEDIATELY. There is a flaw in the worker system, see https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/issues/565. We(proxies and stake holders) can't all keep watching the worker list 24 hours.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

If what you say is true then you should be continuing to contribute and not giving up.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

You have been presenting your side of the story well in response to the fee discussion.  xeroc has made a proposal (the fee schedule) in response to the on-going discussion and his proposal has received feedback from commitee members.  This is the beginning of a feedback-review-fine-tuning process detailed in https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21342.msg277418.html#msg277418, a process which you have accepted to be 'a fine plan'.  Do let the process take its course from begin to end. Please bear in mind this period is Chinese New Year, a long holiday for the Chinese community and so they are slower or are not responding to the proposal post yet.

Your valuable comments and feedbacks have been and are needed for a robust and comprehensive discussion, without which we will end up with an idea-lacking one-sided story.  You should therefore continue this effort to help shape and grow bitshares into a significant force.

I urge you to reconsider your decision.  I urge you to continue contributing your bright ideas and insightful knowledge to bitshares.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 01:11:45 pm by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

maybe a stupid question, but .. why don't you run for a committee position instead?

jakub

jakub

As one of the participants of this initiative, I'll be supporting the worker proposal 1.14.29 (percentage-based transfer fees).

More details and motivations here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21230.0.html

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I've added support to @abit as a committee member.
My lack of support for him so far was an unintentional omission on my part.

Also, I've removed my support for "refund400k" so that @wmbutler has a better chance to be above the threshold.

+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

jakub

I've added support to @abit as a committee member.
My lack of support for him so far was an unintentional omission on my part.

Also, I've removed my support for "refund400k" so that @wmbutler has a better chance to be above the threshold.

jakub

Hi @jakub,

What's your opinion about cass's worker proposal: 1.14.28   Graphic Design / UI/UX Design / Web Development, and why? FYI please take a look at discussion here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20856.0.html

I've voted for cass's worker proposal.
He's done a lot of stuff for BitShares and hopefully he'll continue - so IMO he deserves a chance to hold a paid position.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Hi @jakub,

What's your opinion about cass's worker proposal: 1.14.28   Graphic Design / UI/UX Design / Web Development, and why? FYI please take a look at discussion here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,20856.0.html