Author Topic: About workers: 1.14.35/36Fund to pay dividend  (Read 14511 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
While this worker is fairly small, the other negative is that shareholders would not be delegating their vote to the best/most trusted proxies, but to the one's paying dividends which opens up the risk of a dividend/yield attack.

Small BTS shareholders may be willing to proxy their vote for an annual  +5%...even ultimately to the detriment of their investment, especially if they thought the pools/proxies intentions were good.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:37:50 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Sorry .. but I don't get it ..
Why should the shareholders agree for being paid out of the reserves?
IMHO that is just stupid .. it kills the networks ability to fund future profit at the benefits fo some stupid/greedy people ?!?
What am I missing here?

I agree with you, but you can't really be surprised.  This is pretty much the basis for the modern welfare state.  Robbing the productive to buy votes to attain power.  I don't believe that Bitsharians will fall victim to this.  I have far more faith in my fellow Bitsharians than I do in my fellow Americans.  Its pretty sad that such an ugly political ploy has infected Bitshares, but I guess we had to expect it.  Like Onceuponatime said 3% of people are sociopaths.  To take it a step further and paraphrase George Carlin.  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then remember that half of people are even dumber than that.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

IMHO that is just stupid .. it kills the networks ability to fund future profit at the benefits fo some stupid/greedy people ?!?
What am I missing here?

You are missing the fact that sociopaths and psychopaths make up a certain (~3%) part of any population.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What am I missing here?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Original post: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22041.msg287004.html#msg287004

Some translation here:

After this worker is voted in, the ones who set dacs(https://cryptofresh.com/u/dacs) as proxy will get dividends.
Dividends come from worker pay.
Distribution of worker pay will be done everyday:
* A manager will get 8000 2000 BTS
* every supporter will get (total_pay_today - 8000)/total_voting_power_of_dacs*voting_power_of_supporter

//Update: according to the original post, manager pay reduced to 2000 BTS.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:22:37 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit