Author Topic: Radium & Expanse  (Read 7238 times)

Offline fuzzy

I hate to say it, but CF probably has a better reputation in this ecosystem than DL.

BitShares should be worried. Not about these other projects, but about it's own reputation outside of this forum.

It seems like it doesn't really matter how good BitShares is, what features it rolls out, how far ahead of XYZ it is ... the crypto-masses are simply avoiding it and have a predetermined bad impression of the platform.

So much so that it appears most are unwilling to even give it a try by downloading the wallet.

I like to know where you heard this.  We can never know by asking this forum.  What we want to know is the views of people outside this inner circle.

hehehe...

I can't wait til we all look at this thread in 3 years and the marketcap is 100x what it is today.

And yes, eth...expanse and numerous others will seem like they have beat us since they "went so high" directly after launch.  But don't forget we have a community that has existed...lived and breathed bitshares for over 2 years now.  We have edges too.  :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

I hate to say it, but CF probably has a better reputation in this ecosystem than DL.

BitShares should be worried. Not about these other projects, but about it's own reputation outside of this forum.

It seems like it doesn't really matter how good BitShares is, what features it rolls out, how far ahead of XYZ it is ... the crypto-masses are simply avoiding it and have a predetermined bad impression of the platform.

So much so that it appears most are unwilling to even give it a try by downloading the wallet.

I like to know where you heard this.  We can never know by asking this forum.  What we want to know is the views of people outside this inner circle.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

What do you guys think the problem is?

It's been talked about in the last two hangouts about the next few things that need to be done.

maker/taker improvement to trades and wrapping up other current feature sets in the GUI and away we go.

maker/taker is really the only major thing that sets us apart from every other exchange out there that currently pays for liquidity.

I would not say something is wrong still though.. we just need a few more right things as noted.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Tuck Fheman

A distinct lack of "shiny" and "newness"...

It's that or we don't have enough Summers in the year. ;)
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

A distinct lack of "shiny" and "newness"...

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Tuck Fheman

After looking into the Expanse "premine" you mention, I don't see an issue.

Christopher (defaced) has explained it well enough for me and their solution is better than what Ethereum did for funding IMHO.

So the fact that it currently has a higher daily volume than BTS is no longer surprising to me.

It's an ETH clone, which has all of the current hype going for it, with a better funding solution and "appears" to be more decentralized in ways ... and I like the wallet. ;)

I'm not saying I agree and whether or not their reputations are warranted can be debated, but from my observations it appears to be a fact.

The only interaction outsiders appear to have is during a pump and dump on a centralized exchange, otherwise they won't touch BTS.

The reasons for this should be identified (although some would argue that's been concluded long ago), addressed and rectified asap.

Otherwise I don't see BitShares ever stepping out of the shadows of mediocre exchange performance (i.e. "userbase").

If anyone disagrees, be sure to view the youtube video in my sig (NSFW).  :P  (I jest ... I love to hear others opinions, except fav's  :P)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Expanse is a coin where the dev premine is 10 million and the "current supply" is 2 million.  I got hyped 100x already because ETH got hyped.

And yet way more daily volume than BTS.  :-\

That should never happen, even on a pump & dump.

I think it's a clear signal of the impression of BTS outside of this forum when two projects few have heard of can get 5x the daily volume of BTS going at any point in time.

I think BTS should be trading in the millions daily and the fact that it isn't speaks volumes and clearly shows something is (still) wrong and something (still) needs to change.

That's just my observation and opinion.

I agree.  Everyone on polo got burned so hard they dont want to touch BTS again.  It really hurt the project that so much dumping happened right after 2.0 released.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Tuck Fheman

Expanse is a coin where the dev premine is 10 million and the "current supply" is 2 million.  I got hyped 100x already because ETH got hyped.

And yet way more daily volume than BTS.  :-\

That should never happen, even on a pump & dump.

I think it's a clear signal of the impression of BTS outside of this forum when two projects few have heard of can get 5x the daily volume of BTS going at any point in time.

I think BTS should be trading in the millions daily and the fact that it isn't speaks volumes and clearly shows something is (still) wrong and something (still) needs to change.

That's just my observation and opinion.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Offline Tuck Fheman