Author Topic: [ANN][ECHO] ECHO | The Encrypted Chat + Blockchain Wallet 2.0 for Everybody  (Read 11180 times)

Offline sklsm3

• View Profile
Since there is messaging, coin wallet,
Why don't you integrate some simple gamble game? It will be HUGE!
Think about it, people will love it.
Even Integrate it with PEERPLAYS  would be more awesome!

May be something similar to this?
http://www.badayak.com/entry/%EC%82%AC%EB%8B%A4%EB%A6%AC-%EA%B2%8C%EC%9E%84%EC%9C%BC%EB%A1%9C-%EA%B0%84%EC%8B%9D-%EB%82%B4%EA%B8%B0%ED%95%B4-%EB%B3%B4%EC%84%B8%EC%9A%94

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 10:19:24 am by sklsm3 »

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@tbone - No worries, the OPENPOS uia still dishes out the rewards to all of the holders, the Odoo POS system will be announced in just a few more days, so once it is submitted to their app store and merchants start using it, the holders start seeing those rewards in their wallets immediately. Actually, if you really want to smile, we bumped up the rewards for OPENPOS holders by about 10%. We might also get our Odoo systems into the media so that they can serve as the Case Study for all future POS system integrations. More exposure and some great free marketing for Odoo at the same time.

@viz10nari - We never actually raised the 19K that we wanted from OPENPOS, sad. We did however, leverage the BTS price pumps over the last couple of months, took those gains and invested them into further development like I mentioned above (v1.1, a standalone POS system, rewards card features, overdraft protection in the mobile wallets, etc). So, since our community here is so small, raising such a large amount of money for the ECHO project would not be possible at this stage of Bitshares' growth. I cannot sit on my hands for even 1 day, let alone 2 months. I know exactly what you are saying though. Having dealt with VC's in the past, I fully understand the equity stake that will be required.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline @viz10nari

• View Profile
@kenCode: "we need to evaluate the demands of the VC's first and foremost. "

With OpenPOS still hot out of the oven, is there a really strong strategic/market opportunity reason why you must secure additional funding for ECHO right away versus say, 60-90 days from now?

VC funding always comes with demands that typically locks most of the value in for a small group of already wealthy entities, both individual and corporate, while shutting out the average man in the street, along with the community which laid the viable foundation upon which you are now able to build value.

So just curious.... What if you could get all the funding needed for ECHO in 60-90 days without going the VC route and giving up equity? Would you and Chris prefer that if there is no compelling reason why you absolutely must take VC money right away?

Obviously I don't know how much you're seeking to raise to build ECHO, how long it would take to build ECHO, or what kind of marketing budget you're looking at after its completed. However, while VCs can certainly put money on the table relatively quickly, it's unlikely that they can give you fast "user adoption" at scale, even if you have received enough to spend $1M on marketing and advertising. Oftentimes, strategic alliances can deliver a far more valuable result than simply going the traditional (and convenient) VC route.

Great projects though, well done! And both your productivity and your stakeholder/supporter communication are exemplary.

+5%

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
I would assume that buying OPENPOS is an investment in ECHO since the current Bitshares mobile wallet is clearly the precursor to ECHO (see below) and OPENPOS has funded development of the current wallet.

No, the ECHO project is costing us considerably more than the 19K OPENPOS project did. The OPENPOS project got the mobile wallet v1.0 for Android/iOS (apple is approving the iOS version as we speak) and Odoo POS built (and Tech Support(ed)). Odoo POS will be ready for their app store around April 1st, so just a few more days and we have more than completed that project (plus as you guys have seen we also used OPENPOS to fund the "standalone" Smartcoins POS system and also android v1.1 (thanx to the recent BTS price pump).

Hopefully we'll have another price pump and I can get the bitshareshelp, fiatramp and jobstar projects finished up too.

What inspired me to start building out the ECHO app is all the requests for a Bitshares trollbox, a chat service, a Dapp for voice/video, easy integration with third parties such as Uber, Lazooz, Alexandria, etc, loyalty/coupon programs and of course an actual decentralized, encrypted, censor-free version of Wechat/Whatsapp. Wechat (for example) has over 650 million users and is very popular in China, but it's censored up the wazoo. I am going to give those people and many more a better app. A material-design, native app (to iOS and Android of course) that implements all of the payment and communication features that we want (chat/voice/video) and none of the censorship, a pure open source "way out" for humanity, a way for us all (including the media) to communicate without fear of what we all fear right now.

Stay tuned to the OPENPOS thread for more videos and updates on the mobile wallets and POS systems.

Chris is meeting with more investors all this week and maybe we can even do another UIA seed round so the community here can share in the rewards on this one as well, but no promises, we need to evaluate the demands of the VC's first and foremost. Your word of mouth about BitShares Munich is what will help Chris and I the most right now, let the Dapp Devs out there know what we're bringing, get them savvy on the BitShares platform and all the cool stuff we can build on it!
Please and thanx, ken

@kenCode, of course you need more funding for ECHO.  But the initial funding came from the OPENPOS UIA.  So do another round of funding here or elsewhere.  Just don't leave your earliest backers out in the cold. 

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I would assume that buying OPENPOS is an investment in ECHO since the current Bitshares mobile wallet is clearly the precursor to ECHO (see below) and OPENPOS has funded development of the current wallet.

No, the ECHO project is costing us considerably more than the 19K OPENPOS project did. The OPENPOS project got the mobile wallet v1.0 for Android/iOS (apple is approving the iOS version as we speak) and Odoo POS built (and Tech Support(ed)). Odoo POS will be ready for their app store around April 1st, so just a few more days and we have more than completed that project (plus as you guys have seen we also used OPENPOS to fund the "standalone" Smartcoins POS system and also android v1.1 (thanx to the recent BTS price pump).

Hopefully we'll have another price pump and I can get the bitshareshelp, fiatramp and jobstar projects finished up too.

What inspired me to start building out the ECHO app is all the requests for a Bitshares trollbox, a chat service, a Dapp for voice/video, easy integration with third parties such as Uber, Lazooz, Alexandria, etc, loyalty/coupon programs and of course an actual decentralized, encrypted, censor-free version of Wechat/Whatsapp. Wechat (for example) has over 650 million users and is very popular in China, but it's censored up the wazoo. I am going to give those people and many more a better app. A material-design, native app (to iOS and Android of course) that implements all of the payment and communication features that we want (chat/voice/video) and none of the censorship, a pure open source "way out" for humanity, a way for us all (including the media) to communicate without fear of what we all fear right now.

Stay tuned to the OPENPOS thread for more videos and updates on the mobile wallets and POS systems.

Chris is meeting with more investors all this week and maybe we can even do another UIA seed round so the community here can share in the rewards on this one as well, but no promises, we need to evaluate the demands of the VC's first and foremost. Your word of mouth about BitShares Munich is what will help Chris and I the most right now, let the Dapp Devs out there know what we're bringing, get them savvy on the BitShares platform and all the cool stuff we can build on it!
Please and thanx, ken
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile

This looks awesome. How can one invest now?

I would assume that buying OPENPOS is an investment in ECHO since the current Bitshares mobile wallet is clearly the precursor to ECHO (see below) and OPENPOS has funded development of the current wallet.  @Chris4210, @kenCode, can you guys confirm that as you seek additional funding for ECHO, OPENPOS investors will be recognized for the early seed funding they provided?  Thanks!

@pam2 Our current mobile wallet has most of the features for ECHO already. We will change the interface and add the additional chat features. We will also add some extra security and UI/X filters so that the end user will not see any fistbumbs, or other unwanted UIA´s. The user will be able to change his settings but the main focus are feed backed assets.

Thanks. I think i already have some openpos. Better check!

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
This looks awesome. How can one invest now?

I would assume that buying OPENPOS is an investment in ECHO since the current Bitshares mobile wallet is clearly the precursor to ECHO (see below) and OPENPOS has funded development of the current wallet.  @Chris4210, @kenCode, can you guys confirm that as you seek additional funding for ECHO, OPENPOS investors will be recognized for the early seed funding they provided?  Thanks!

@pam2 Our current mobile wallet has most of the features for ECHO already. We will change the interface and add the additional chat features. We will also add some extra security and UI/X filters so that the end user will not see any fistbumbs, or other unwanted UIA´s. The user will be able to change his settings but the main focus are feed backed assets.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
would it be not a good idea to transfer our chats/talks from slack & telegram to ECHO now?   ;)

PS BTW, ECHO is great name with big potential only for the brand  +5% +5% +5%
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 05:06:04 pm by liondani »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
this is great news at seems to be a solid app!!!

+5% +5% +5%

PS will you somehow also act like a market-maker so your users will find easy bitUSD, bitEUR etc. ?  (at least for the beginning where liquidity is not great)

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile

Offline pam2

• View Profile
@Akado We did not decide yet if we make the whole code open source. However since all funds are stored on the BitShares Graphene blockchain, ECHO has no control over the user funds. Even if ECHO as a company fails, no user funds are lost because they could be recovered via a regular BitShares exchange. We probably offer a ECHO password recovery service for regular users. People simply forget passwords, so that means we will manage brain keys if the users hires us to do so.

Sorry I wasn't specific. My question was related to messages. Funds I know are safe assuming you use BitShares and everyone has their own private keys. Still, there could be code that also has access to the user's private keys when they create them since they're using your service I guess.

I believe you have good intentions, but expect people to question that sort of stuff. In this space people don't trust projects that are not open source, even though that doesn't mean the code is clean.

Yeah these are good points. I am collecting them all for a long FAQ and the future customer service. However I am sure we will work the details out over the next months. ECHO is a regular Fintech startup and will work with all kind of potential partners in and out of the industry. It is my personal goal to demonstrate BitShares awesome technology with ECHO.

Good luck with it! It's awesome to finally see some potential real world usage for BitShares, out of this box we're in. Finally something that can reach more people without them having to know all the details. This is the exact type of stuff we need.
Yep a day to day user friendly product that will help spread bitshares. can't say how many times l've wanted to giveaway some BTS to some crypto-enthusiast and always hesitate they will not have a good experience with our current mobile wallet. So i just give them some bitcoin with an easy app like AirBitz. Can't wait to see ours. Can getting OPENPOS UIA help?

Offline pam2

• View Profile
@Akado We did not decide yet if we make the whole code open source. However since all funds are stored on the BitShares Graphene blockchain, ECHO has no control over the user funds. Even if ECHO as a company fails, no user funds are lost because they could be recovered via a regular BitShares exchange. We probably offer a ECHO password recovery service for regular users. People simply forget passwords, so that means we will manage brain keys if the users hires us to do so.

Sorry I wasn't specific. My question was related to messages. Funds I know are safe assuming you use BitShares and everyone has their own private keys. Still, there could be code that also has access to the user's private keys when they create them since they're using your service I guess.

I believe you have good intentions, but expect people to question that sort of stuff. In this space people don't trust projects that are not open source, even though that doesn't mean the code is clean.

Yeah these are good points. I am collecting them all for a long FAQ and the future customer service. However I am sure we will work the details out over the next months. ECHO is a regular Fintech startup and will work with all kind of potential partners in and out of the industry. It is my personal goal to demonstrate BitShares awesome technology with ECHO.

Yeah crypto space is powered by open source. It's bring credibility. With many mobile wallet in the space and more to come, ECHO has to stand out by building a strong community that has confidence in the product.  This could be one of our Horseman toward  mobile public blockchain market. Same as AirBitz with Bitcoin, Jaxx with Ethereum and others. Open source the code will be a great add-on for adoption, like AirBitz's Edge Security Platform https://airbitz.co/

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Good luck with it! It's awesome to finally see some potential real world usage for BitShares, out of this box we're in. Finally something that can reach more people without them having to know all the details. This is the exact type of stuff we need.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads