Author Topic: how to set up Huge page support enabled?  (Read 5986 times)

Offline testz

It's very well documented in hugepages-win64.txt and hugepages-linux64.txt which you can find inside archive.

For Windows:
Q: I am getting the following error: Error: Can not enable [SeLockMemoryPrivilege] privilege, error=1300 Warning: Huge Pages not available, performance may degrade. How can I fix that?
A: From StackOverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39059/how-do-i-run-my-app-with-large-pages-in-windows

Q: I did all the above, and still getting the error=1300. What shall I do?
A: Sometimes it is needed to add "Lock pages in memory" privilege to Administrators group, your user, and run cmd.exe as Administrator. Sometimes switching off UAC helps.

Q: I am getting the following error:
Error: Can not allocate hugepages memory, error=1450
How can I fix that?
A: From MSDN ERROR_NO_SYSTEM_RESOURCES  1450 (0x5AA) Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.
Ensure you have enough RAM. 8Gb of physical RAM is very strict minimum required to activate hugepages memory.
Reboot and try again. Sometimes memory fragmentation prevents from allocating enough hugepages memory.
Select smaller memory size, select less threads. If you are under virtualized environemnt, ensure both host and VM support hugepages.
Try with one thread and 512M RAM per thread.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Check "AnonHugePages" value found in /proc/meminfo

cat /proc/meminfo | grep AnonHugePages
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
I think that's only for windows OS, by set lockmemoryprivilege, for Linux,it's available by default, at least It worked for me. Do you have the 1300 error?
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline d5d

• View Profile
centos 64
 8g
 e3 v2
cpm=230

how to set up Huge page support enabled in centos?