Author Topic: Yunbi started voting against all workers except refund/burn workers  (Read 72359 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Do any of you remember BM predicted the exact scenario that worker dilution on blokchain would fail eventually due to the inevitable politics ?

Well ,  I guess the smart guy himself didn't remember it either  .

It was a comment he directed to Memory coin's "direct pay to workers" operation .

So I guess the smart ass sentence should be : BM told you so ......
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Culture is Everything

"Some business cultures place a high value on treating the counterparty in a transaction with respect and dignity.  In those cultures, it's important that every business transaction is a win-win, where both sides are better off for doing business together, regardless of the contractual details. 

In other business cultures, business transactions are highly competitive.  In those cultures, it's important to win every business transaction and contractual details are used as a weapon to bludgeon the counterparty into submission.

See the difference in approach due to culture?

What should also be obvious from this example is that cultures differ.  They can be wildly different.

They aren't equally effective, they usually don't mix well, and some can be toxic"

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2016/01/culture-is-everything.html

Sage words indeed.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline onceuponatime

Culture is Everything

"Some business cultures place a high value on treating the counterparty in a transaction with respect and dignity.  In those cultures, it's important that every business transaction is a win-win, where both sides are better off for doing business together, regardless of the contractual details. 

In other business cultures, business transactions are highly competitive.  In those cultures, it's important to win every business transaction and contractual details are used as a weapon to bludgeon the counterparty into submission.

See the difference in approach due to culture?

What should also be obvious from this example is that cultures differ.  They can be wildly different.

They aren't equally effective, they usually don't mix well, and some can be toxic"

http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/globalguerrillas/2016/01/culture-is-everything.html

If you say yes why were not already doing the maintenance?
Since you seem to want to work for free so much.

I agree.. think of all the dilution we could have saved... but @laow has not contributed his free work even though he could.

They blame those that vote for workers when in fact they could have kept us all from having to vote for them to begin with because there was this limitless ocean of free workers.

Heck.. we don't even need witnesses!! We been a bunch of chumps!

Now we have the terrible bigger picture... but still no reason why all this free work is being held back from Bitshares. Guess we are back to conspiracy theories of ChinaShares.

Maybe there is still a chance to take the blue pill.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Good job!  +5%
Bitcoin grows well without any paid "workers", think about Linux. Why can't bitshares?
Does the  Bitshares 2.0,  the Worker attract more developers? No, still these people, but Toast left, Vikram left, alt leaving.
Yep, we against increase the supply. Can you see any public company raise what he wants?
Bitshares need a good reputation more than its technology, then people come, developers come.

So in the meantime what do you purpose we do? Will you do maintenance and bug fixing as well as improving the UI for a better user experience?

@laow you still didn't answer my question
If I say yes, can you stop all the dilution, witness ,worker? 

And I have a question too, when the dilution stop, will you shutdown the server,  sell out the bts and leave the community?

Laow, there is a limit to the amount of dilution....there is a maximum supply. Without active development, this project is dead.  Only fools and traders will continue to hold for a time.....

Just please provide one explanation for how maintenance or continued development of core/existing features will be achieved without workers?

Offline Pheonike

If you say yes why were not already doing the maintenance?
Since you seem to want to work for free so much.

Offline laow

• View Profile
Good job!  +5%
Bitcoin grows well without any paid "workers", think about Linux. Why can't bitshares?
Does the  Bitshares 2.0,  the Worker attract more developers? No, still these people, but Toast left, Vikram left, alt leaving.
Yep, we against increase the supply. Can you see any public company raise what he wants?
Bitshares need a good reputation more than its technology, then people come, developers come.

So in the meantime what do you purpose we do? Will you do maintenance and bug fixing as well as improving the UI for a better user experience?

If I say yes, can you stop all the dilution, witness ,worker? 

And I have a question too, when the dilution stop, will you shutdown the server,  sell out the bts and leave the community?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 02:14:59 am by laow »
BTS acount: laow

Good job!  +5%

I know right.. I didn't get answers either ya notice? Just like months ago when we had an entire thread of questions being asked.. but don't mind me.. my positions are apparently dismissed by saying I don't read what others say if I disagree.  :)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Good job!  +5%

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline laow

• View Profile
First, we call Bitshares DAC, Decentralized Autonomous Company.
Then we find it is a shame to call it company, at least no company raise like this.
Maybe we can call Bitshares UCP,  Unlimited Cash Printer.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 01:39:43 am by laow »
BTS acount: laow

Good job!  +5%

I guess I have to concede my previous statements that the anti-dilution movement is without reason.

It's only devoid of reality.

Sorry I mischaracterized the anti-dilution movement so terribly.

So where are all these free workers I keep hearing about?

Now we are finally learning there are these really talented bitcoin developers who work for a first generation blockchain who work for free that we can use on our third generation blockchain.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Yea, Bitcoin developers work for free
 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://medium.com/mit-media-lab-digital-currency-initiative/announcing-a-900-000-bitcoin-developer-fund-6e8b7e8b0861&ved=0ahUKEwjEz9SS1-TLAhVB9GMKHe_jBeIQqG8IGjAA&usg=AFQjCNGX8JwqgVM6Q5hrb4plP8Ktno7omg&sig2=bduSMtX6LAOInbqLl7pPMw

Will you support open-source development of other cryptocurrencies?
This fund specifically applies to the development of code for the Bitcoin protocol. However, where there is a strong need and potential sponsors, we are open to talking with other open-source cryptocurrency projects about developing a separate fund.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Good job!  +5%

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads