Author Topic: MUSE update. Everyone running a full node must upgrade.  (Read 9102 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Is a token any different than a Bitshare? I should thank hybridd, the person who sent it to me. How to do that?

BTS is the core token on the BitShares chain. Anyone can create their own tokens on the chain (for a fee).
You could thank him for example by sending a small amount back to him and include a message in the memo.

The tokens showed up in my account and now have disappeared. The block chain is downloading very slowly. I had my computer open all night and it is still not finished. Says Blockchain is out of sync. Is there any way to speed this up?

If you're using the web wallet a page reload might help. Mine gets slow after a while too.
For the light client try restarting it.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline EstefanTT

Is there a way to use somehow the bloom filter from BTS and then import in MUSE ?
No way .. there needs to be a new bloom filter created specifically for MUSE holders from various snapshots and investment types
You can do it in a terminal as well, I posted a guide for that before the filter was added to the GUI.

The guide was for BTS it can easily be used for MUSE.
Thanks SVK, I remember this. I'll give it a try ! Maybe I'll have a couple of questions for you if I get stuck.

Thanks !!!
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline svk

Is there a way to use somehow the bloom filter from BTS and then import in MUSE ?
No way .. there needs to be a new bloom filter created specifically for MUSE holders from various snapshots and investment types
You can do it in a terminal as well, I posted a guide for that before the filter was added to the GUI.

The guide was for BTS it can easily be used for MUSE.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Ray

• View Profile
Is a token any different than a Bitshare? I should thank hybridd, the person who sent it to me. How to do that?

The tokens showed up in my account and now have disappeared. The block chain is downloading very slowly. I had my computer open all night and it is still not finished. Says Blockchain is out of sync. Is there any way to speed this up?

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 02:09:06 pm by Ray »

Offline pc

• View Profile
This is the MUSE subforum. MUSE releases occur separately from BitShares. If you don't run a MUSE full node there's nothing you have to upgrade.

A Sharedrop is when someone distributes some of their own tokens to a group of people for free. If you don't want these tokens you c an try to sell them on the internal exchange.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Ray

• View Profile
I have Bitshares 2.0 ............ do I need to upgrade?

Also... I got a "Sharedrop" from hybrid (Bitshares Talk)...  not sure what this is. I did upgrade to lifetime member... anything to do with that?

Also... That Sharedrop showed up in my account and now does not show.

Thanks

Offline EstefanTT

I hope I'm not the only one ... it would take forever !

Do you know the best person I need to speak about that problem ?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:06:21 pm by EstefanTT »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline EstefanTT

I tried to import my muse from the 0.9.3c old wallet of BTS. I only have about the half of it showing in the muse wallet importation screen.
I was one of the few who had a LOT of keys and had to wait for the release of a patch in BTS to be able to import correctly.
Do this hardfork solve this problem ?

I'm not sure which problem you're talking about.
IIRC the problem of large import wallets was solved by a filter in the GUI. This release does not touch the GUI wallet.
I don't think the MUSE wallet has a bloom filter installed .. the wallet is really really old

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

I tried to import my muse from the 0.9.3c old wallet of BTS. I only have about the half of it showing in the muse wallet importation screen.
I was one of the few who had a LOT of keys and had to wait for the release of a patch in BTS to be able to import correctly.

IIRC the problem of large import wallets was solved by a filter in the GUI. This release does not touch the GUI wallet.
I don't think the MUSE wallet has a bloom filter installed .. the wallet is really really old

Offline pc

• View Profile

Offline EstefanTT

A quick question :

Is there others stuck with the same problem.
I didn't finish the process and claim the half of my muse to avoid mess up with the importation process but I would love to have my muse in my wallet ;)

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
With the new update of BitShares that just came out, @pc had time to roll in those new bug fixes as well.

Full nodes get it here!

https://github.com/peertracksinc/muse/releases/tag/1.0.160330
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Good job indeed!

bitcube upgraded and it has been a smooth ride. Previous replay bug fixed. [emoji4]
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

This release brings MUSE up to date with regard to the latest changes in Graphene.

@pc: good job!!

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
The hardfork will occur at 2016-04-02 12:00:00 UTC (i. e. at noon UTC)

https://github.com/peertracksinc/muse/releases/tag/1.0.160330

Only full nodes must upgrade. Otherwise don't worry about it :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 02:49:11 pm by cob »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.