Author Topic: Bytemaster outlines roadmap to "BitShares Metropolis" in last shareholder meet!  (Read 6765 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We are working on the implementation. First, we need to get a clear head about the next steps and upgrades for the BitShares System. I am currently updating the main site and would like to introduce 4 for step branding plan for BitShares.

Let us update the  https://bitshares.org/roadmap.html  and introduce these four levels.

The Foundation Release can be done with the integration of the Stealh features to BitShares. We at BitShares Munich are working on Stealth and will solve the current hosting problems soon. I recommend we will launch Stealth with the start of the BitShares Foundation Release. More features will be developed from there.

1. BitShares Foundation Release
Stealth integration - bug fixes

2. BitShares Enterprise Release
Bond Market - bug fixes

3. BitShares Metropolis Release
Tbd

4. BitShares Infinity Release
Tbd

What do you think?

I like it. The important thing is to begin the process of infinite improvement :)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
We are working on the implementation. First, we need to get a clear head about the next steps and upgrades for the BitShares System. I am currently updating the main site and would like to introduce 4 for step branding plan for BitShares.

Let us update the  https://bitshares.org/roadmap.html  and introduce these four levels.

The Foundation Release can be done with the integration of the Stealh features to BitShares. We at BitShares Munich are working on Stealth and will solve the current hosting problems soon. I recommend we will launch Stealth with the start of the BitShares Foundation Release. More features will be developed from there.

Bond Market - bug fixes

Tbd

Tbd

What do you think?

+5% Looks good.

It would be nice if we could get some SmartCoin liquidity measure approved/added/trialled for one of the SmartCoin markets as one of the next steps too. It seems to be at a fairly advanced stage already... https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21544.225.html
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:47:06 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210

Bond Market - bug fixes

Tbd

Tbd

What do you think?
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline -banano-

• View Profile
Did we get any of these 3 steps to Metropolis done yet?

I vote for xeroc and svk to spend community funds

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@abit wrote the code for free transactions and CNX were checking the code before implementing it.
This was a while ago. When will free transactions be available?

+5% this is important to us as well. i had no idea this was so close to completion. status?
edit: paging @bytemaster
Sorry, I have no idea as well.

Well, if your code is on github somewhere then maybe some core devs could give it a once over. It would be awesome if we could include rate limited free transactions in the next release. Thanx @abit :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
@abit wrote the code for free transactions and CNX were checking the code before implementing it.

+5% this is important to us as well. i had no idea this was so close to completion. status?
Sorry, I have no idea as well.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

TravelsAsia

@bytemaster What type of vote would need to take place to confirm this?

What a great way to reinvigorate older investors that might have left.
1) write a quick BSIP and propose a new version number (e.g. 2.1) and a codename
2) create a worker (or let the committee create one) with 0 pay
3) let shareholders vote for it

Thank you Xeroc, I hope this is brought up in tomorrow's Mumble with BM.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

1) write a quick BSIP and propose a new version number (e.g. 2.1) and a codename
2) create a worker (or let the committee create one) with 0 pay
3) let shareholders vote for it

TravelsAsia

Offline Chris4210

• Keep Building!
    • View Profile
    • www.payger.com
  • BitShares: chris4210
Thank you Bytemaster for finalizing a roadmap to be done hardforking BitShares too frequently.

After 3 more steps are done, then BitShares is officially finished like Ethereum Metropolis!

step 1: implement zero fees
step 2: subsidize liquidity
step 3: implement margin trading and simplify initial visible smartcoin markets to:

bitUSD/BTS
bitGOLD/BTS
bitGOLD/bitUSD

Any 3rd party can do sidechains starting now.

Only 1 question is this:

Assuming continued funding, how long will it take to reach the BitShares Metropolis?

And will we also call it "BitShares Metropolis" update?
Vote Chris4210 for Committee Member http://bit.ly/1WKC03B! | www.Payger.com - Payments + Messenger | www.BitShareshub.io - Community based fanpage for the BitShares Blockchain

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Thank you Bytemaster for finalizing a roadmap to be done hardforking BitShares too frequently.

After 3 more steps are done, then BitShares is officially finished like Ethereum Metropolis!

step 1: implement zero fees
step 2: subsidize liquidity
step 3: implement margin trading and simplify initial visible smartcoin markets to:

bitUSD/BTS
bitGOLD/BTS
bitGOLD/bitUSD

+5% Sounds good
If you want to take the island burn the boats