Author Topic: Larimer...please explain this voting move for me  (Read 7142 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Steem has vesting/lock up I believe so it does require a lot of long term faith in the founder/s. As I said regarding vesting earlier in the year...

Could they not profit dollars instantly just by voting topics everyday? What am I missing?

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
This makes little to no sense to me... and by 'this' I mean supporters of full dilution leaving the ship with virtually no fight (localhost, trust, blablaName-BlaBleName, shanghai-dragon-cny). Those where all big holders deciding to dump after having been voting for all Actual-work-workers before that....

And while I can understand the logic BM expressed (I said understand , not agree) - i.e. "One side have to move to a new chain...eventually."
I find it  not a very smart way to do it.... especially in the part of leaving supporters fight the so called "non-diluters"...while big whales have given up and silently leave the ship.

Now we know  :)

No... we knew back then...it is just formally confirmed now.
I still stand behind the above statement -  all steemers should know - their leader is a one to easily give up...leave the ship and chase his next dream.

Steem has vesting/lock up I believe so it does require a lot of long term faith in the founder/s. As I said regarding vesting earlier in the year...

At the same time BTS is still so centralized around CNX you may argue that currently only they can have maximum 1 yr+ confidence in BTS based on whether they plan to focus on supporting BTS at a reasonable price. For example they could... move on to something else completely.. and sell. So regular shareholders would be taking a much greater risk locking up shares for an extended period than BM & CNX at this stage imo.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:12:51 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Pheonike

Easily give up? Are you kidding? He has put in years of development for this platform in face of ppl like you criticising every step. He put in place a mechanism  for bts to be self sustaining . It's the ppl who don't want fund workers who have given up.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
This makes little to no sense to me... and by 'this' I mean supporters of full dilution leaving the ship with virtually no fight (localhost, trust, blablaName-BlaBleName, shanghai-dragon-cny). Those where all big holders deciding to dump after having been voting for all Actual-work-workers before that....

And while I can understand the logic BM expressed (I said understand , not agree) - i.e. "One side have to move to a new chain...eventually."
I find it  not a very smart way to do it.... especially in the part of leaving supporters fight the so called "non-diluters"...while big whales have given up and silently leave the ship.

No... we knew back then...it is just formally confirmed now.
I still stand behind the above statement -  all steemers should know - their leader is a one to easily give up...leave the ship and chase his next dream.

BTS holders are still paying off the merger, the intent of which was to prevent the fracturing of development effort/code/chains/community.

Yet this fork receives official blessing and assistance.

It must be April Fools.

Friendly advise. If you believe in BM's new vision (as opposed to his ex-vision i.e. BTS) you better get on board with steem...

I personally find his early ideas far better and consider him more or less lost currently, so I have no interest in this STEEM, but it is just me.

So act accordingly to your take on things in that regard.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:36:43 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 09:19:45 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline svk

@tonyk this is it:

https://cryptofresh.com/u/shanghai-dragon-cny
shanghai-dragon-cny sent 7,500,000 BTS to poloniexwallet
7 hours ago
shanghai-dragon-cny sent 500,000 BTS to poloniexwallet
8 hours ago

I honestly do not know what is most disturbing to me right now.... that silent and somewhat mean exit of said whales; the total and utter nonsense of the solar and nonsense project and its kick starter; or me leaving Emperical alone in expressing the true and obvious concerns regarding said project without even giving him a simple "I agree, +1:-[

"I agree,  +5%"

But seriously I do agree with you on all points.. I'm just tired of arguing on this forum though so if people want to part with their hard-earned money for whatever non-sensical reasons I can't be bothered to try to stop them..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
@tonyk this is it:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago

I honestly do not know what is most disturbing to me right now.... that silent and somewhat mean exit of said whales; the total and utter nonsense of the solar and nonsense project and its kick starter; or me leaving Emperical alone in expressing the true and obvious concerns regarding said project without even giving him a simple "I agree, +1:-[

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
@tonyk this is it:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago

I assume he don't want to dump them... but to vote?  :P

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
@tonyk this is it:

7 hours ago
8 hours ago
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Those accounts are owned by my grandmother and uncle and managed by Stan.  I do not control them and neither does Stan.  Stan was helping them take control of their funds, but you can imagine that crypto isn't easy for someone in their 80's.

:P

Offline bytemaster

Those accounts are owned by my grandmother and uncle and managed by Stan.  I do not control them and neither does Stan.  Stan was helping them take control of their funds, but you can imagine that crypto isn't easy for someone in their 80's. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Looks to me like you're wrong here @tonyk , those two accounts never voted or had a proxy set. The account updates you saw added hyperethas to active authorities in the case of garylarimer, and spook to for-gary. The account spook also has active authority over the account for-dana, the whale that dumped ~12M or so BTS over the last couple months, and for-dana uses bytemaster as its proxy.

I too remember Hyperethas as a company used by I3 for payroll services or something like that. Anyway the name gary-larimer does indicate this is an account controlled by or at least related to BM, and for-gary and for-dana thus appear to be linked to him as well.

As for the change in vote amounts, I know I changed my proxy for bitsharesblocks and dev.bitsharesblocks recently before removing it yesterday in order to choose my own votes, that accounts for about 2.8M BTS...

yep... it seems I am wrong on the details.

for-dana is grandma danna btw as far as I can tell...as for gary? no clue but probably granddaddy Gary....
Anyway pathetic voters at best....scummy voters at worst.

-----
2.8 BTS votes, tend to make a difference if one is voting on the margin right now, btw.

Offline svk

Looks to me like you're wrong here @tonyk , those two accounts never voted or had a proxy set. The account updates you saw added hyperethas to active authorities in the case of garylarimer, and spook to for-gary. The account spook also has active authority over the account for-dana, the whale that dumped ~12M or so BTS over the last couple months, and for-dana uses bytemaster as its proxy.

I too remember Hyperethas as a company used by I3 for payroll services or something like that. Anyway the name gary-larimer does indicate this is an account controlled by or at least related to BM, and for-gary and for-dana thus appear to be linked to him as well.

As for the change in vote amounts, I know I changed my proxy for bitsharesblocks and dev.bitsharesblocks recently before removing it yesterday in order to choose my own votes, that accounts for about 2.8M BTS...
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I have no idea who "for-gary" was voting for, but it's quite obvious that "garylarimer" wasn't voting for anyone, since it just claimed its funds 6 hours ago...
http://cryptofresh.com/u/garylarimer

well, I did not ask for it, but if they wish to explain the justification behind the 35 mil BTS sale from the  trust account ...I am listening!

what's there to talk about , it's tax season in the US   :P

Nope...it does not makes sense [unless they have hired eagle-eye or fuzzy to do their taxes]...
CNX owes virtually nothing....it is not 2014 with millions of donations falling all over them and they doing nothing but waiting to be hit by a tax bill....

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I have no idea who "for-gary" was voting for, but it's quite obvious that "garylarimer" wasn't voting for anyone, since it just claimed its funds 6 hours ago...

well, I did not ask for it, but if they wish to explain the justification behind the 35 mil BTS sale from the  trust account ...I am listening!

what's there to talk about , it's tax season in the US   :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

or how a non voting account managed to bring the total votes down by 6 mil

or any other Good explanation you have.... you seem to have one for any case. I am just curious.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:04:34 am by tonyk »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I will greatly appreciate the history voting api calls that you can provide me with... where you saw they were not!

Just take a look at the links I included.

Your wording indicated they were voting with BM as proxy before but now they are not.

The blockchain though says they were never proxied to BM/angel etc. There is no record at all in them even setting a vote. It's just going to the default nobody.

I know the name... but I never assumed they all vote with BM as proxy.

Unless there is something I missed in reviewing their accounts that someone else can show me, I think you might have misread or not looked closely enough at their transactions.

You seem to be right.... the I3's accounting department needed to absolutely update their vote from "nobody" to the more important and up to date  "nobody"....I am sure it makes sense ....

the total of  bm + angel 's votes falling by similar amount does not though.....

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I will greatly appreciate the history voting api calls that you can provide me with... where you saw they were not!

Just take a look at the links I included.

Your wording indicated they were voting with BM as proxy before but now they are not.

The blockchain though says they were never proxied to BM/angel etc. There is no record at all in them even setting a vote. It's just going to the default nobody.

I know the name... but I never assumed they all vote with BM as proxy.

Unless there is something I missed in reviewing their accounts that someone else can show me, I think you might have misread or not looked closely enough at their transactions.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

http://cryptofresh.com/u/for-gary

There is nothing in their history to indicate they were ever proxied to begin with.

Where do you see this?

To be accureate I will quote it for you cause you "decided" not to do so....
>>>>"voting/ having BM/angel as a proxy."

let see http://cryptofresh.com/u/garylarimer
Multisig Auth hyperetas

If the name does not speaks volumes to you...I get it.... you think you are old, but you are a baby....

This is the payroll account of I3 (for all those unaware.... not just you bunker )

PS
There is nothing in their history to indicate they were ever proxied to begin with.
Where do you see this?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 03:28:51 am by tonyk »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

http://cryptofresh.com/u/for-gary

Where do you see this?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Just when the first refund worker get within 400K bts from the last work - worker , those 2 accounts (http://cryptofresh.com/u/for-gary and garylarimer ) decided to do the most weird thing of all...
stopped voting/ having BM/angel as a proxy.

I really do not get the move... is it a pathetic way to 'show' that.... "those diluters do hurt development".

If not what the f**k is this move all about????