Author Topic: [ANN] [STEEM] Introducing Steem, Looking for Witnesses / Miners  (Read 59954 times)

Xeldal

Re: [ANN] [STEEM] Introducing Steem, Looking for Witnesses / Miners
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2016, 05:05:46 pm »
Steem witness xeldal and seed node updated to latest master.

"steem_revision": "3bb37ad275d35f1cb9181beb0d8773fb137e023a"

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2016, 06:45:04 pm »
Updated AGAIN...
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

iHashFury

« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2016, 07:40:34 pm »
Seed and Witness nodes have been updated to the latest code on "git checkout master"

Offline wackou

« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2016, 02:44:45 am »
witness wackou and seed node updated to latest master
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2016, 03:27:13 am »
DataSecurityNode witness updated with the latest version and upgraded to new dedicated server.

Vote! :D
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2016, 04:24:21 am »
Witness: liondani and seed node (based in Switzerland & Germany) are updated to the latest STEEM release.

I am running the following witness node:

• Witness Name: liondani
  • Witness Node IP: CONFIDENTIAL
  • Seed Node IP & Port: 212.117.213.163:2016

I can scale up all seed node and witness resources on demand in real time very quick.

witness node located in Germany:
CPU: six cores, 30 GB RAM, 2000 GB disk space, SSD boost, UNLIMITED traffic

seed node located in Switzerland:
CPU: four cores, 8 GB RAM, 2000 GB disk space, SSD, UNLIMITED traffic

About me:

Member of the bitshares community from the early days
Delegate on bts1
Seed nodes running for bts1,bts2
Worker delegate and support for bts Developer James Calfee

and so it begun...
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,6406.0.html

Please vote
Please vote for my witness:

vote_for_witness youraccountname liondani  true true

will update with more details the next days.
Thanks!

Offline nextgencrypto

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2016, 09:36:32 pm »
Hi all-

I have set up a witness node located in Los Angeles, California that includes DDOS protection, automatic backups, and can easily be scaled up to meet the needs of the network.
Being one of the top public VEST holders, I am committed to providing long-term support to the STEEM network and am fortunate enough to have plenty of time to react to updates and other situations as needed. Additional plans to support STEEM will be announced shortly.

Account: nextgencrypto
Seed URL: http://steemwitness.com:2001

To vote in support of my witness, please use the following command: vote_for_witness youraccount nextgencrypto true true

Thank you in advance for your support!

Everything's up and running smoothly after the update last night!  I'm in for the long haul and would appreciate the communities support!

To vote in support of my witness, please use the following command: vote_for_witness youraccount nextgencrypto true true

Offline Tuck Fheman

« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2016, 07:55:51 am »
Why didn't my evil twins tell me Steem was a social media platform, sooner? Is this forum even relevant any longer? Why am I still here?

Update : Question ... how can us morons who use Windows vest more STEEM (after the 100 for account registration) without creating another account for 100 OPEN.STEEM?  Say I want to Vest 200 STEEM (using OPEN.STEEM), what are my options as a Windows user?

Answer: You upgrade to the latest BitShares wallet and withdraw OPEN.STEEM, then on steemit.com move it to vesting balance.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 10:01:15 am by Tuck Fheman »
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline Tuck Fheman

« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2016, 03:18:56 am »
Hey [member=120]xeroc[/member] [member=5]bytemaster[/member]

I think I just really messed up. Is there any way to recover a password on Steemit? 

I setup an account for someone else and before I transfer it to them I wanted to change the password from it being the private key to the BitShares account I created the Steem account with. The problem is, I was using KeyPass to keep track of these passwords and it clears the clipboard after 12 seconds. I still had the private key as the main "Password" in KeyPass and was setting up a new stored field for the new password which I generated from elsewhere within KeyPass and thought I had pasted it and clicked OK. It turns out, it did not paste and the field is empty and I have already updated the "Owner" password with it on Steemit and now cannot login to the account.

Is there anything I can do?  Thanks!

I can't believe I did that. I've been very good about passwords in my online history and I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've boneheaded my way out of access to an account. I even had the new password pasted into a text file, but closed and did not save because I thought I had it saved in KeyPass prior to that. I really feel stupid at this point, but I will never be sure I've saved a password again unless I see it saved. lesson learned. :(

If nothing else, since this was just setup and I've yet to email Mr. Carreras, I guess I can just redo it all under a new account, but any funds going to the current post will be lost forever I presume, so I need to know pretty fast before others upvote that post so I can make a new one and prevent funds needlessly going to an account that no one can access.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2016, 05:19:25 am »
what's the account name?
Since the steemit.com webpage is not open source, I can't really tell what it is doing in that case .. maybe [member=12639]valzav[/member] can help
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Tuck Fheman

« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2016, 05:56:07 am »
what's the account name?
Since the steemit.com webpage is not open source, I can't really tell what it is doing in that case .. maybe [member=12639]valzav[/member] can help

genis-carreras

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2016, 06:02:55 am »
genis-carreras
The blockchain doesn't show any transactions for that account which means that its private keys has not been updated.
You still have the old keys? Maybe in a backup of your password manager?
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Tuck Fheman

« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2016, 06:10:34 am »
genis-carreras
The blockchain doesn't show any transactions for that account which means that its private keys has not been updated.

Ya I have the BTS private key that the account was setup with.

I just don't have a way to do anything with it since I'm on Windows. I've tried logging in with it on Steemit, but it says the password is incorrect, since I updated it there.

I will gladly pay you something, upvotes or STEEM, if you can reset this password with the original BTS private key. Just let me know where to send the key.

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:24:53 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2016, 06:38:37 pm »
genis-carreras

Ya I have the BTS private key that the account was setup with.

I just don't have a way to do anything with it since I'm on Windows. I've tried logging in with it on Steemit, but it says the password is incorrect, since I updated it there.

I will gladly pay you something, upvotes or STEEM, if you can reset this password with the original BTS private key. Just let me know where to send the key.

Thanks for the help.
hey Tuck.  If you had the password entered into a text document it might have been cached on your hdd.  I know that many of the text editor programs I use will save an auto backup under a different name until the real document is saved or closed.  I would check the specifics of whatever program you used.  Check whatever directory it would have saved a backup to.  If there is no backup present run recovery software on that hdd and see if it can find one.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads