Author Topic: [ANN] [STEEM] Introducing Steem, Looking for Witnesses / Miners  (Read 116287 times)

Offline dritz3r

• View Profile
Steem is now trading here:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-STEEM

Current price 0.0070015 BTC / STEEM
Current supply: 19,865,904.000

Market Cap: $3.2M est.

Current supply: 21,743,214

Mil. per day!!! How many STEEM will be out there, these price is way to high with that inflation.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I highly recommend everyone look into Steem.  It has a lot of promise and is worth your time.
do you know  ,how is  thereverseflash?
it is a newbee
I guess thereverseflash == bm.
after view the  comments of steem code, I basically make sure it is BM ,  code cannot cheat us,
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Hiya puppies, that's incredibly kind of you.  I'm afraid I only have a Windows laptop.  I've bought a small amount of Steem and I'm happy with that for now. Thank you so much for your offer to help!

If you change your mind it should be pretty easy to get you up and running in a secure way.  If you pick an existing bts public key from your bts wallet, all you need to do is to give that public key to someone running the steem cli that can register that account for you.  I think it requires 100 steem to be vested in the account, and they should be able to register the account by replacing the BTS at the beginning with STM.

From there you can export the private key from the bts gui and import it into the steem webwallet.  You will be able to transfer, transfer to vesting, and withdraw from vesting all from the steem webwallet.  If your goal is to purchase steem, transfer to your wallet and vest, then that should be well served by this method. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Hiya puppies, that's incredibly kind of you.  I'm afraid I only have a Windows laptop.  I've bought a small amount of Steem and I'm happy with that for now. Thank you so much for your offer to help!

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
If one were to buy steem.....is it currently possible to vest the steem if you are NOT technically proficient?  Is there a windows wallet yet?

If you cannot vest, then is it true that you would be at a significant disadvantage so there would be very little point in holding for the long term?

Cheers!

Yea there's no windows wallet yet so you'd be unable to vest your Steem. That leaves you vulnerable to inflation in the long term so just holding is probably not a great idea.

I believe there's a docker image you could use though to setup a personal node, shouldn't be too hard.

Thank you SVK.  I googled 'docker image' and i'm ashamed to say i suspect setting up a personal node would indeed be too hard. 

It's a shame because I'm very keen on MAS.  I thought BitShares was going to adapt to make it easier for communities to utilise BitShares.....but it now seems, as i feared, that the community that forms the basis of the network is fragmenting and those who are either technically insecure or have run out of capital are in danger of being left behind.  The only means of preventing that are sharedrops, but I accept that capital is scarce and awarding people appropriately is a challenge.

I hope Stan finds his whale and we can all just get on with the business of making BitShares what it could be......either that or more blood, sweat & tears  ;D

Do you have access to a linux or osx machine?  If you can generate a public private key pair, and give me the public key I can get an account registered for you.

edit.  Even without access to a linux or osx machine its possible.  would just have to reuse a bts private key
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:11:16 pm by puppies »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
If one were to buy steem.....is it currently possible to vest the steem if you are NOT technically proficient?  Is there a windows wallet yet?

If you cannot vest, then is it true that you would be at a significant disadvantage so there would be very little point in holding for the long term?

Cheers!

Yea there's no windows wallet yet so you'd be unable to vest your Steem. That leaves you vulnerable to inflation in the long term so just holding is probably not a great idea.

I believe there's a docker image you could use though to setup a personal node, shouldn't be too hard.

Thank you SVK.  I googled 'docker image' and i'm ashamed to say i suspect setting up a personal node would indeed be too hard. 

It's a shame because I'm very keen on MAS.  I thought BitShares was going to adapt to make it easier for communities to utilise BitShares.....but it now seems, as i feared, that the community that forms the basis of the network is fragmenting and those who are either technically insecure or have run out of capital are in danger of being left behind.  The only means of preventing that are sharedrops, but I accept that capital is scarce and awarding people appropriately is a challenge.

I hope Stan finds his whale and we can all just get on with the business of making BitShares what it could be......either that or more blood, sweat & tears  ;D

Offline svk

Cheers!

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile

Cheers!

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline svk

Judging from the posts where he apparently forgot to change accounts I would say so too ;)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I highly recommend everyone look into Steem.  It has a lot of promise and is worth your time.
it is a newbee
I guess thereverseflash == bm.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
it is a newbee
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline steem

• View Profile
Hi all :) testers needed for Steemit's Alpha.  Link to steemit.com ALPHA testing session posted in http://steem.slack.com .. auto-inviter at http://steem.herokuapp.com

Offline thereverseflash

• View Profile
Steem is now trading here:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-STEEM

Current price 0.0070015 BTC / STEEM
Current supply: 19,865,904.000

Market Cap: $3.2M est.