Author Topic: Openledger Tutorial Videos - Open Source Training for BitShares Community  (Read 10976 times)

Offline konelectric

Yeah, a similar video like the ones you made would be nice.  Hopefully you'll get a response or any needed feedback soon.  At a minimum, openledger should create a frequently-asked-questions link on its .info site.  Or a simple "how to fund your account" tutorial with screenshots and text.  I hate to think the number of people who gave up trying openledger due to something, once known, is easy to do.

Lets do it this way. Anyone ready to create a list of FAQ's connected to the use of OpenLedger, I will offer a bounty for every Q&A.

Done in a proper way in goo english, and I post it on OpenLedger.info

Apart from that I will offer a bit bigger bounty for every tutorial done as per above with screen shots and text

Since this is not only meant for OpenLedger but anyone using any bts platform, I am surprised nobody has done it untill now, and I have personally already offered bounty for this before without any results, so pls go ahead contact me if you wish to partipate in making OpenLedger become much more user friendly and allow me to reward you for your work well done.

This is an invitation to anyone, ready and able to do so, it needs confirmed and co ordinated first so that someone is not doing same work.
Excellent idea.  +5%
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline openledger

• Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
Yeah, a similar video like the ones you made would be nice.  Hopefully you'll get a response or any needed feedback soon.  At a minimum, openledger should create a frequently-asked-questions link on its .info site.  Or a simple "how to fund your account" tutorial with screenshots and text.  I hate to think the number of people who gave up trying openledger due to something, once known, is easy to do.

Lets do it this way. Anyone ready to create a list of FAQ's connected to the use of OpenLedger, I will offer a bounty for every Q&A.

Done in a proper way in goo english, and I post it on OpenLedger.info

Apart from that I will offer a bit bigger bounty for every tutorial done as per above with screen shots and text

Since this is not only meant for OpenLedger but anyone using any bts platform, I am surprised nobody has done it untill now, and I have personally already offered bounty for this before without any results, so pls go ahead contact me if you wish to partipate in making OpenLedger become much more user friendly and allow me to reward you for your work well done.

This is an invitation to anyone, ready and able to do so, it needs confirmed and co ordinated first so that someone is not doing same work.
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline konelectric

@kingslanding Hi there mate. Thank you for the kind words.

Confusion is a very frustrating state and having a clear explanation on how to do something brings a feeling of relief. It leaves the person feeling empowered with new knowledge and a new ability to do something they couldn't do before.

This is why I love providing people with good information. I believe good information (if it is well communicated) is incredibly valuable.

I have a well developed process for creating these videos. Have you seen the videos on my YouTube channel for example?

I have been wanting to create a series of BitShares tutorials for a while, covering all aspects of OpenLedger.

There are 2 main obstacles to this happening however:

1. I need access to someone like Ronny who would be able to answer any question that I had. This would aid me in scripting the video and ensure the information I presented was accurate.

2. Funding. All the videos I have so far were done when I had a bit of spare time and decided to create a tutorial. Most of the time though my schedule is full of work for my marketing consultancy clients.
Yes please. I live off of tutorials videos (auto repair, gardening, crypto, green energy, etc). This is how the world work now.
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline MarketingMonk

• Leading People to Freedom
    • View Profile
    • Cryptoversity - The online school for Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
  • BitShares: marketing.monk
@kingslanding Hi there mate. Thank you for the kind words.

Confusion is a very frustrating state and having a clear explanation on how to do something brings a feeling of relief. It leaves the person feeling empowered with new knowledge and a new ability to do something they couldn't do before.

This is why I love providing people with good information. I believe good information (if it is well communicated) is incredibly valuable.

I have a well developed process for creating these videos. Have you seen the videos on my YouTube channel for example?

I have been wanting to create a series of BitShares tutorials for a while, covering all aspects of OpenLedger.

There are 2 main obstacles to this happening however:

1. I need access to someone like Ronny who would be able to answer any question that I had. This would aid me in scripting the video and ensure the information I presented was accurate.

2. Funding. All the videos I have so far were done when I had a bit of spare time and decided to create a tutorial. Most of the time though my schedule is full of work for my marketing consultancy clients.

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
Hi guys,

I've seen a number of community members who really really want to get busy with BitShares 2 but are just hampered by so much confusion.
This leads to thread after thread as each individual attempts to get their questions answered.

I'd like to begin building a learning resource to provide a bridge into the BitShares universe.

Here is a video I created this morning:
https://uprightsolutions.wistia.com/medias/6odln9deuv

I see this very much as an open source endeavour.

I don't profess to know everything, I'm just the messenger. So experts please watch my video and dispel my ignorance so that I may go through however many iterations are necessary to reach (or get close to) perfection.

While I wait for some replies I might work on my next video :)

I'm thinking it might be better to break the learning into bite size pieces. So instead the above video going through the account section, I could break that into a video per sub-section within the account section.

@MarketingMonk I think you have started a great initiative, and even on your own to help, adn i think that needs some appreciation just for that, so I am sending you 1000 bts as a thank you for helping out making it easier for anyone joining.

I am going to speak with some of the guys on whether this kind of video could have its own page on OpenLedger landing site and n that case what ww should call the page for people easity to undertand and find.

Tutorial, How to or what could be the page name?

Apart from that, if you have the chance to make a tutorial on:

How do I change my account to th BitShares 2.0 and move funds to OpenLedger?

For obvious reasons you dont know how to do below yet, but you will soon, and then they woul be greatly appreciated as well.

How do I withdraw and deposit BTC and LTC on OpenLedger?
Ronny  Boesing: How do I connect to CCEDK from OpenLedger?

Thank you once again for your efforts make it a smooth experience to join BItShares

Need to have the video tutorial on withdrawing/depositing BTC and LTC right away and on openledger.info.  A friend went to openledger.info to check out the exchange but got totally turned off because there was no info on how to sent BTC into OPENBTC.  And the concept of OPENBTC as an IOU or your btc equivalent needs to be explained.  His comment:  "No wonder there's no one trading on this thing."  Sadly, I agree.
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline konelectric

Offline MarketingMonk

• View Profile
    • Cryptoversity - The online school for Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and blockchains.

Offline konelectric

I have not made the time to produce any more tutorials. One idea I had was to put in a worker proposal to fund such a project so rather than me doing the odd video I could create a full series of videos.

Yes. You can be the new Max. And you would have to be accountable.

Offline MarketingMonk

• View Profile
I have not made the time to produce any more tutorials. One idea I had was to put in a worker proposal to fund such a project so rather than me doing the odd video I could create a full series of videos.

Offline hdup

• View Profile
Ccedk,
Wow thank you very much for that. That was a surprise.

What's equally brilliant is you have given me guidance on what other videos to create.

I managed to move my funds over from BitShares 1 to open ledger so I can make that video for sure.

Now I have confidence that these videos will be used I will create a better structure so people can start at the very beginning "how do I setup my open ledger account?" And then "how do I buy some BitShares?" And then gradually increase to more and more advanced topics.

I do enjoy making these videos too so thank you for your support :)

Hi Chris, I've now waatched all vids on OL I could find on youtube. You were to re-do the account section overview, but I cannot find that. Did you do it? Would appreciate it if you could tell me where to find more.
There are a lot of newbies coming from Compumatrix to Openledger now and any tutorial will be highly appreciated. PLEASE keep on producing the vids!

Offline openledger

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 12:12:31 pm by ccedk »

Offline konelectric

Offline openledger

• View Profile

Offline konelectric