Author Topic: Rimbit dafuq?  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
It shouldn't be long now, I'm almost there. Xeroc and hcf27 are also helping.

Cool. Good luck. I think it could be very popular.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline EstefanTT

You are right, but BTWTY have the purpose of being, as the first index I'll create, a very stable a robust one. Volume could be faked by an exchange to manipulated which coin comes in or out in the index just before the revision. That's why I'll only consider MC for this one. The revision is made once a month at the moment. So this kind of coin jumping up and down is very unlikely to end up in the index. We are actually defining a set of rules in the scripts to be sure no exotic moves of shit coins can affect the index.

All the explanations will be availbable on the web site. I entend on making it public as soon as I can send the price feed on the BTWTY test smartcoin on the testnet.

It shouldn't be long now, I'm almost there. Xeroc and hcf27 are also helping.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
This is why for the top 20 SmartCoin index you need to consider volume too imo.

That's why I first consider the MC, because it's the only thing you can't fake. The only way to manipulate the MC is by pouring your money in the coin ;p

A lot of cryptos claim to have X supply on the market but you can't be sure they really distributed them, so their market cap is inflated but this is often obvious by their much lower volume.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline onceuponatime

This isn't the first time Rimbit has done that. Someone just buys a few bucks worth at an inflated price and they get into the top ten for a few hours. Good publicity I guess.

Offline Tuck Fheman

Something's wrong here.  ;)
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!